• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign…

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
This is Arsenal fan Andrew, on two possible Arsenal targets, both named Andrew.

Andy Townsend.
Screenshot_20231110-072035.png

When George Graham was Arsenal manager, believe that he was interested in signing Andy Townsend from Chelsea. Andy was good at what he did, could have been a good signing. Think Roy Keane would have been a better target, when he was at Nottingham Forest.

Andy Sinton.
Screenshot_20231110-072152.png

Believe that George Graham was interested in Andy Sinton from QPR. The left winger could also play at left back. Could have been a good reliable signing. Would he have had the same Cult Hero Status as Anders Limpar?

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Loric Cana (even though he had a very entertaining YouTube vid he was a walking red card ) and Muddick

Wish havertz could be on this list though

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I remember the being new article with interview Stuart Peace after we signed Bergkamp. Pearce was questioning why we spent that money on Bergkamp and they money would have better been spent on Stan Collymore.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Didn't he score like loads of goals while we were playing that French donkey instead, with Özil, Sanchez, and Cazorla behind him?
Don’t think we get Özil and Higuain both.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The next is Nuri Sahin. Wenger tried to sign him on three separate occasions. Thankfully it failed every time. When he finally got his move to the Premier League, he looked utterly out of his depth.
Nah, he was a good player at the time we were playing Denilson or some trash. Wenger could've used his technical quality unlike Liverpool, it would've been a completely different player for us but he didn't push himself enough after Dortmund, think his career was finished in Madrid

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The cooking:
broccoli-vegetable-dish-food-meal-plant.jpeg

You don’t think he would have? He was glorious for Napoli una

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Vardy would’ve cooked under Wenger too

Some shambles of names being thrown around here by AG

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
When Cazorla and Wilshere were injured for months in 13/14, who would’ve created chances for Higgy?

You take Özil over Higuain all day long. Been said a million times but the mistake we made back then was thinking Giroud was the answer. A very frustrating period. It didn't even have to be a Higuain level scorer either.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Vardy has been excellent though, just till recently where he’s obviously got old. Would’ve been a great signing.

Yeah I was glad we didn’t get him at the time, but he proved me wrong with his longevity.

I thought he was a bit one note, but his variety of finishes he would have been fine.

We got Auba in the end anyways and he probably would have had the same fate (eventually forced out wide, then phased out for more of a target man).

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom