• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign…

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah I was glad we didn’t get him at the time, but he proved me wrong with his longevity.

I thought he was a bit one note, but his variety of finishes he would have been fine.

We got Auba in the end anyways and he probably would have had the same fate (eventually forced out wide, then phased out for more of a target man).

The way football is going that type of striker will be few and far between over the coming years which is a shame.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Andre Onana surely

Think he would have been fine here, his previous teams he was usually behind the best or second best defence in the league which isn't the case at Utd.

The guy was in CL finals and semis not too long ago, but that's the problem when you join certain prem teams your rep can get muddied pretty quickly.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
We signed Ötzi for 47m euro , Napoli signed Higgy for 39. That would have left us a staggering 8m to bolster the squad with sum creativity

Yet again UTG comes up with the answers to questions provided by AG

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If we had someone on the same wave length as Özil and Sanchez as a CF or on the right hand side, we would have zero regrets over the Özil deal.

Always regretted that we signed two superstars and then stopped/got Auba too late.

Tnegs

Anyone who tells you we couldn’t have afforded Higuain and Özil is lying. That was a huge miss and a blunder by Wenger.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Anyone who tells you we couldn’t have afforded Higuain and Özil is lying. That was a huge miss and a blunder by Wenger.

We could also have had Higuain plus Eriksen for roughly five, six million over what we spent on mes

Tnegs

3 years after bottling the **** out of the Higuain transfer he moved to Juve for 80m having scored a boatload of goals. We on the other hand lost the 15/16 title in no small part because our main striker went on a record no goal scoring run and we ended up signing Kevin Harts stunt double for 50+m the next season. You could say it cost us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Missing out on Higuain wasn’t anything to really lose sleep over. Always thought he was a bit of a bottler and that even goes back to his Madrid days.

I can’t say the same for when we were heavily linked with Karim Benzema or Luis Suarez. Had we signed either player + Özil that would have been something special.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Higuain was a bottler but he was reliable in the league them days, 36 in 35 in the league for Napoli is crazy. Özil was a brilliant player but I'd rather Cazorla Wilshere etc share the burden of creativity behind a top striker than have a donkey ahead of Özil.

Choice between a great steak which you have to eat with your bare hands or a silver platter and golden spoon and get a serving of steaming dogshit. Neither is ideal but one is worse

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Chris Kiwomya, Glenn Helder, Francis Jeffers, Nicolas Pepe, oh F@#k, they were signed. ☹️

Sad Football GIF by MolaTV

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This is Arsenal fan Andrew, on two possible Arsenal targets, both named Andrew.

Andy Townsend.
View attachment 19690

When George Graham was Arsenal manager, believe that he was interested in signing Andy Townsend from Chelsea. Andy was good at what he did, could have been a good signing. Think Roy Keane would have been a better target, when he was at Nottingham Forest.

Andy Sinton.
View attachment 19691

Believe that George Graham was interested in Andy Sinton from QPR. The left winger could also play at left back. Could have been a good reliable signing. Would he have had the same Cult Hero Status as Anders Limpar?

You and @Sapient Hawk would get on very well.

Buhry

Established Member

Mudryk/Mount

Really we just need to stay away from chelsea players in the future unless they are young academy guys or something that haven't had time to catch the virus yet.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Mudryk has to be up there. So many people talked themselves into thinking he was a player because he is fast. Literally his only stand out attribute.

I rate him but I'd have to add DCL too. Really good player but just can't stay fit. Glad that came to nothing in hindsight.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The corollary of this thread (players we were linked with that you wish we HAD signed) would be at 1000 pages by now btw…

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom