• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I liked your post but please just release your inner Sp**s. It's super obvious. :lol:

Why because I said it was clear that Arsenal were bottling it when they had the chance to go top against Boro at home and failed, then had Sp**s at almost their worst (even a half fit Kane was better than Janssen I suppose) and were crap, then were **** against an ordinary Man Utd?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

And that is not end of it. We also do very badly at macro plays too.

We could get away with all the bad micro plays we do if we had clear tactics how to win the ball back. But most often when we lose the ball stupidly we haven't clue what to do bar getting into shape.

We don't want to press. We don't want to close spaces and passing lanes. We just want to keep shape and hope for the best.
So bad macros and micros...we're ****ed!:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This team looks unconvincing more often than not. It's very rare I watch us and think there's even a shred of evidence that we could challenge for a title. Even in our recent run of 'good results' we've been getting last minute winners/equalisers against Bournemouth, Burnley and West Brom after 90 minutes of frustration. We're flat track bullies who'll consistently drop points in the more difficult games and occasionally have a disaster like yesterday.
Pretty much.

I don't mean to condescend but I've always been confused with comments such as "lets win our next 5 before Chelsea" or "we have 4 winnable games where we should get max points".

It never ever happens. The goals scored and last minute points have obscured the fact. We have played poorly against every decent team we've played this season and that is a FACT.

The only exception is a Chelsea side who realized that they had a flawed system, their manager recognised this and adapted. They're probably going to win the league now.

So bad macros and micros...we're ****ed!:lol:

We basically build squad that is better than 16-18 teams in the league and then put them out on the field and hope for the best. Or at least it feels like it most of the times.

We will win most games against teams with lesser players, but even then we struggle for so many games each season. But the biggest struggle is in the league against the top teams. That is where macros and micros count most and well we've seen the results for last few years.

Hunter Zolomon

Pretty much.

I don't mean to condescend but I've always been confused with comments such as "lets win our next 5 before Chelsea" or "we have 4 winnable games where we should get max points".

It never ever happens. The goals scored and last minute points have obscured the fact. We have played poorly against every decent team we've played this season and that is a FACT.

The only exception is a Chelsea side who realized that they had a flawed system, their manager recognised this and adapted. They're probably going to win the league now.
but squad costs trilly, chelski are gonna win because their squad costs more than ours. Fact.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Certainly feel our issue is too much depth and not enough starting quality. Its a change from days gone by when we had top quality and a huge drop off. We have four decent right wingers when really one should do with one starting quality right winger. We've one top quality Rb and literally zero worth while back up. The force is rocked with the lack of balance.

Chelsea are the finest balanced squad then City, Sp**s and United are all close. Liverpool are like the way we use to be some top players OK players and just a lack of depth behind it.

Hyruga

Title race is mathematically not over yet but in our heart, most of us know where we stand.

The mental race will be decided on Feb 4 at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea.

Does Wenger and Walcott have enough resolve to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge? Or will they aim for a draw again???

say yes

forum master baiter
Weighted league results, Played 23:

Chelsea: +5 (+1)
Par = 0 = on track for 87 points
Sp**s: -2 (-2)
City: -6 (+2)
Liverpool: -7 (-2)
Arsenal: -8 (-3)
United: -13 (-2)

Just in case anyone is under any illusion as to whether we are in the title race, this is how the table will end up if all the above teams play like Champions for the rest of the season:

1st: Chelsea - 92
2nd: Sp**s - 85
3rd: City - 81
4th: Liverpool - 80
5th: Arsenal - 79
6th: United - 74

i.e. That projection is based on Arsenal improving and Chelsea dropping off. And we're still miles behind.

We pretty much have to win every remaining game.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'd really like Wenger to have a go at the title without the distraction of the Champions League. Our first eleven is as good as Chelsea's, but injuries and fatigue always hurt us. On a related note, who woulda thought that Chelsea's implosion of last season would've been a blessing in disguise. Don't think they could've maintained this kind of form if they were competing at a high level on two fronts.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'd really like Wenger to have a go at the title without the distraction of the Champions League. Our first eleven is as good as Chelsea's, but injuries and fatigue always hurt us. On a related note, who woulda thought that Chelsea's implosion of last season would've been a blessing in disguise. Don't think they could've maintained this kind of form if they were competing at a high level on two fronts.
Problem is, while we might be able to attract some players we WILL lose AS7 and MO11 if we are not in the UCL.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Weighted league results, Played 23:

Chelsea: +5 (+1)
Par = 0 = on track for 87 points
Sp**s: -2 (-2)
City: -6 (+2)
Liverpool: -7 (-2)
Arsenal: -8 (-3)
United: -13 (-2)

Just in case anyone is under any illusion as to whether we are in the title race, this is how the table will end up if all the above teams play like Champions for the rest of the season:

1st: Chelsea - 92
2nd: Sp**s - 85
3rd: City - 81
4th: Liverpool - 80
5th: Arsenal - 79
6th: United - 74

i.e. That projection is based on Arsenal improving and Chelsea dropping off. And we're still miles behind.

We pretty much have to win every remaining game.

You are a bit deluded if you think Arsenal will finish on 79 points.
We have the harder run in compared to other teams
We have a harder run in than this time last year
We have an even more toxic atmosphere developing
Uncertainty with Özil, Alexis, Wenger
Injuries/suspensions
We are only 3 points ahead of last year.

We will finish on no more than 75 points.
We could very easily finish at 5th or even 6th.

We will be 5th on Sunday with United only 2pts behind.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We can easily finish outside the top 4.We probably won't beat Liverpool,Sp**s,Chelsea and Utd.We also have Stoke and Southamtpon away where we always play like ****.The real thing is that Liverpool start to play worse than in the first half of the season and United dropped some points.That won't last forever and they can be only 2 points behind on Sunday.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Quite scary that we're relying on our rivals to drop off due to our terrible run in.

People say it every year and it never happens but this top four situation is definitely a bit worrying now.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom