• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal 1989 >>>> City 2012, don't let Sky fool you into thinking otherwise.

.. winning at Anfield (by at least 2 goals) that was almost an impossibility back then, plus we scored our 2nd right in the last minute... amazing victory by us.

City nearly fumbled it against a crap QPR team that should have been relegated that year, and got relegated the next season...plus loads of rumours that QPR gave up, as their players eventually realised they were safe anyway late in that game.

One of the absolute best coached games in our history too, everyone expected us to come flying out against Liverpool to try and get the goals early...but we basically played counter attack in the first half to make sure it was 0-0 at halftime, as in the second half we knew Pool would get a bit nervous not knowing what to do really... worked perfectly.

Severely underrated manager was Graham, not that far behind Wenger and Chapman in our history.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

City played QPR at home who were relegated already. Was exciting for neutrals yes but would've been the ultimate bottlejob for them to not win it against that opposition.

Ourselves vs Liverpool we won it in injury time against our direct competitor, on their ground, level on points and goal difference only on account of goals scored. Zero comparison 89 might never be surpassed ever.

QPR actually stayed up but were in the mix to go down on the final day.

City would’ve bottled it if Barton didn’t get sent off and then Bolton collapsed in their game.

11 vs 11 when they were desperate I think QPR stay up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Come on Sp**s!

This is your chance to win the "we crowned the PL champions" trophy.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
If we don’t win the league don’t the early exits from both cups come into serious question? Everyone seems to have forgiven that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No matter what happens this week, we need to carry this momentum and form into next season. Do a Liverpool 19/20.

This is the only way unfortunately.

The question for me will be how we replace TP5 in flight next season. The new 8 has to be top notch.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
QPR actually stayed up but were in the mix to go down on the final day.

City would’ve bottled it if Barton didn’t get sent off and then Bolton collapsed in their game.

11 vs 11 when they were desperate I think QPR stay up.
Yea you right they went down the year after now I think about it.

Still remember though absolutely no one thought they'd get anything that match. QPR lost every away game in 2012 I think while City dropped two points at home all season, literally 17 wins and one draw then they play the worst away team and almost shat the bed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yea you right they went down the year after now I think about it.

Still remember though absolutely no one thought they'd get anything that match. QPR lost every away game in 2012 I think while City dropped two points at home all season, literally 17 wins and one draw then they play the worst away team and almost shat the bed.

I fully think if Barton doesn’t get the red card they bottle it.

Also Tevez probably gets red on VAR for the incident that led to his sending off now.

Do wonder if they were always inevitable even if that title win never happened.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I fully think if Barton doesn’t get the red card they bottle it.

Also Tevez probably gets red on VAR for the incident that led to his sending off now.

Do wonder if they were always inevitable even if that title win never happened.
Didn't Barton use to play for them. With him begging for spare change on gofundme these days have to assume he took a bribe.

Don't think they're that inevitable, decade of embarrassment in the CL demonstrates that imo only one win because they played the ultimate donkey and bottler Lukaku. Just domestic competition that's too **** to ever punish them

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

.. winning at Anfield (by at least 2 goals) that was almost an impossibility back then, plus we scored our 2nd right in the last minute... amazing victory by us.

City nearly fumbled it against a crap QPR team that should have been relegated that year, and got relegated the next season...plus loads of rumours that QPR gave up, as their players eventually realised they were safe anyway late in that game.

One of the absolute best coached games in our history too, everyone expected us to come flying out against Liverpool to try and get the goals early...but we basically played counter attack in the first half to make sure it was 0-0 at halftime, as in the second half we knew Pool would get a bit nervous not knowing what to do really... worked perfectly.

Severely underrated manager was Graham, not that far behind Wenger and Chapman in our history.

Who'd even be mad enough to put this up for debate?!!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Here’s what’s going to happen:

Sp**s hold City to a draw

We score early against Everton to go 1-0 up but can’t score the second

City go 4-0 up over West Ham in the 80th minute

Someone misses a big chance for us in injury time

We lose the title on goals scored in the tightest title race ever
Don't put that evil out there

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The brown envelope stuff and then managing Sp**s probably hurts his legacy.
I think it is probably more due to him being overshadowed by Wenger, in all earnestness. Rune Hauge, the agent involved in the bung, is apparantly a world class bridge player nowadays...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Before the game, Daily Mirror's sports section led with the headline

"You haven't got a prayer Arsenal"

24 hrs later...

89-arsenal-3.png

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't Barton use to play for them. With him begging for spare change on gofundme these days have to assume he took a bribe.

Don't think they're that inevitable, decade of embarrassment in the CL demonstrates that imo only one win because they played the ultimate donkey and bottler Lukaku. Just domestic competition that's too **** to ever punish them

So to my shame I watched his 3 hour interview a while back and because he battered Dabo he’s very resentful at facing consequences for that whilst at the club.

Think he fully hated them but when Tevez slaps him round his head just like the gobsh*te he is, his head falls off and he starts attacking everyone.

He apparently kneed Aguero to try instigate a fight and get him sent off as well. Bizarre man.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

If we don’t win the league don’t the early exits from both cups come into serious question? Everyone seems to have forgiven that.

They were in question when they happened. You can’t really bring them up just because we lost the title on the final day.

Cup runs are also about luck, we’ve had horrible draws recently. Liverpool this year in the FA cup was always a 50/50 game.

It’s very difficult to seriously question anything now, yes we must improve in the cups but Mikel has proven he can do it with the best.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom