• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Have I missed something? Listening to the match on TalkSport (in/out), you would think that City have won the league.
Presenters were talking as if City have now won it. There is still a small chance, small that it is. The Anti Arsenal brigade on there.
At least Perry Groves is on there.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
I’m not saying we won’t challenge next season ofcourse we will. But everyone expects us to be better I think we’ll do worse.
Only way we win the league is if Pep leaves.

What I hope however is we take the cups much more seriously. Have to win trophies next season. Cups are doable.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't understand why you are so optimistic. All of our usual starting 11 are here to win a trophy. Missing it by an inch every damn season might be alright for us fans, but the players might have it otherwise. Imagine being Saliba, Gabriel,Saka,Ødegaard etc sticking around only to come 2nd every season is devastating.
My optimism lies in the trajectory of the club. We've improved every year, the table bears it out.

But we need silverware next season.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Tuned in for the last 15, after coming back home.

Sp**s played well, didn’t expect them to do that. They’ve also shown us how you beat City. You take the game to them.

But it’s hard for me to completely credit them after seeing Son deliberately miss that 1v1 chance, and De Bruyne gave thanks to him as well at full time.

Can’t blame him, he is their legend and did what their fans wanted. Guess our players would do the same thing.

It’s been a good season people, disappointing yes but we’ve gotten stronger yet again.
Stop being so paranoid. You clearly have no clue about football, if you think he missed that on purpose. Why would he press so high in the first place, if he doesn’t want to score?

By the way, we will most likely win the trophy somewhere during autumn.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Have I missed something? Listening to the match (in/out), you would think that City have won the league.
Presenters were talking as if City have now won it. There is still a small change, small that it is. The Anti Arsenal brigade on there.
At least Perry Groves is on there.
Well, Moyes said his under 14s will have trouble keeping City out. It's over

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
At-least Liverpool when they finished 97 points, losing the title to City with 98 points, they won the UCL that same season.

At-least when Liverpool finished on 92 points, losing the title to City with 93 points, they won the F.A CUP winning the domestic cup double, however they did lose to Madrid in the UCL final.

What is our consolation for this season? That's why I don't get the sentiments of Arsenal fans who are happy to throw our cups even last season why were people happy to be knocked out of the Europa league on Penalties? How are we going to breed a winning mentality if our players are not winning trophies?

You better hope City beat United as we will get to play City at Wembley in the charity shield, which is likely the only chance of winning a trophy with Arteta as his domestic cup record and in Europe are very suspect.

I wonder how many times we'll hear 'bigger fish to fry' next season>? The summer recruitment shall be interesting to see where this team will be heading.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m not saying we won’t challenge next season ofcourse we will. But everyone expects us to be better I think we’ll do worse.

What I hope however is we take the cups much more seriously. Have to win trophies next season. Cups are doable.

People having being saying this for the past three years. We’ve continued to get better.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Stop being so paranoid. You clearly have no clue about football, if you think he missed that on purpose. Why would he press so high in the first place, if he doesn’t want to score?

By the way, we will most likely win the trophy somewhere during autumn.

Go and watch what Son does in those 1v1 situations usually. You’ll see what I mean.

I could be paranoid as well of course.

roz

Fake News Merchant
At-least Liverpool when they finished 97 points, losing the title to City with 98 points, they won the UCL that same season.

At-least when Liverpool finished on 92 points, losing the title to City with 93 points, they won the F.A CUP winning the domestic cup double, however they did lose to Madrid in the UCL final.

What is our consolation for this season? That's why I don't get the sentiments of Arsenal fans who are happy to throw our cups even last season why were people happy to be knocked out of the Europa league on Penalties? How are we going to breed a winning mentality if our players are not winning trophies?

You better hope City beat United as we will get to play City at Wembley in the charity shield, which is likely the only chance of winning a trophy with Arteta with the way his domestic cup record and in Europe.

I wonder how many times we'll hear 'bigger fish to fry' next season>? The summer recruitment shall be interesting to see where this team will be heading.
Pep will leave, title is ours next season. Maybe for the next 3 years. Obvious improvement each season since Arteta took over, takes time to compete with cheats.

Artemis

You better hope City beat United as we will get to play City at Wembley in the charity shield, which is likely the only chance of winning a trophy with Arteta as his domestic cup record and in Europe are very suspect.

You're absolutely right yeah. Liverpool won the CL even before winning the PL.

The CL was weak this year and we didn't capitalize. In fact, even the FA cup was weak this year.

I'm not sure what the plan is honestly. It's obvious now that we probably won't win the PL while Pep is here. I honestly cannot see us winning the PL while Pep is here. And Arteta's record in Europe is worrying. Let's at least win the FA cup next season. This trophy-less run isn't right.

As a club, we might be looking at a period of stagnation if Arteta can't figure this out (in a period where we should be winning things).

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
People having being saying this for the past three years. We’ve continued to get better.

Not me. First time I’m saying it is this season. Most don’t want to admit it but we have been very lucky this season, in many ways.

fute

Everyone says we have improved so much on last season but tell me this…
If we had both Saliba and Tomiyasu missing the last 12 games of the season through injury and we had only Rob Holding to replace Saliba you don’t think we would have struggled like we did last season???

I still maintain, we were better last season. We got very lucky this season that is all. Not just in terms of our injuries, but I lost count how many teams we face who themselves were ravaged with injuries. We won’t be this lucky again.

We were mentally weaker last year. That carried over to the first half this season and especially december. By December, despite player change, we still hadn't changed as a squad mentally. The old habits kept reappearing.

Starting in 2024 we changed and improved. One of the best January transfer windows: No transactions. What we needed was already on the squad. Some guys changed positions. Some guys saw their playing time reduced. One loss in PL play in 2024. Unfortunately, that was 1 loss too many. Now it will come down to Sir David Moyes and the Hammers doing the unthinkable and us beating Dyche-ball to win it.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

Man shut up.

You said we’d do worse start of this season as well.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
It's painful. But it is good that we have done it in two consecutive seasons. I don't call it luck. Next season we will be more confident and focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom