• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's just admit it man city been very good in 2nd half of season they rarely drop a point I don't think they dropping points against weaker side than Sp**s at their ground against team who not gonna give much of effort because thier players will be going to copa america and euros. Of course everything can happen but 95% man city winning the league so in final day I just want our players enjoy the moment get a win in front of legends who gone unbeaten you already won more games than them in that unbeaten season so that alone something to be proud of.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If we lose the league, it's because of the results vs Fulham. Bang average team where we couldn't win....
Results vs Villa are also a disgrace, but you can lose a game VS them this year. Great team.

Also these VAR moments against a team like Newcastle. Or the loss against WHU (Lol, they actually won a though away game)....

And last but not least that Son guy. Bangs in 17 goals, but can't finish a simple goal vs the 2nd keeper of Man City....

They even call it a good save by Ortega. It's just a horrendous effort from Son. Even my nephew would have shot that shot better ffs

I hope we win all 38 games next season, so people like you won't have to point at certain games where we dropped points.

You have to look at the bigger picture. We played the most difficult run in between the three teams, our fans have written us off so many times. We were supposedly done after the Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham results. Liverpool were 5 points ahead of us and we beat them at home, closing the gap to 2 points. We then beat (sometimes smashed) Burnley (a), Newcastle (h), Sheffield (a), Brentford (h), Luton (h), Brighton (a), Wolves (a), Chelsea (h), Sp**s (a), Bournemouth (h) and United (a). We drew at the Etihad and lost ONE game against the fourth placed team in the league.

Look at the teams I mentioned. Nobody would expect to beat them all, we were done. Too many banana skins, we couldn't score goals, and so on. Here we are, with a PL trophy at the Emirates if a team with 115 charges of cooking the books and paying managers and agents via offshore accounts somehow drop points in their FINAL game after they haven't lost since the 6th of December. The team that won the treble last year and has won 6 out of the last 7 PL trophies.

We are all displeased because our second highest total points maybe won't be enough, but you can't keep looking at a few individual games and point out that's where we lost it. You can't win it all, you will lose on occasion. Game of fine margins.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Still have that little bit of faith that Moyes will do a masterclass. It would be a dream to be champions on goal difference. West Ham still have some players who can hurt City tbf if they are up for it.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Exactly,
I hope we win all 38 games next season, so people like you won't have to point at certain games where we dropped points.

You have to look at the bigger picture. We played the most difficult run in between the three teams, our fans have written us off so many times. We were supposedly done after the Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham results. Liverpool were 5 points ahead of us and we beat them at home, closing the gap to 2 points. We then beat (sometimes smashed) Burnley (a), Newcastle (h), Sheffield (a), Brentford (h), Luton (h), Brighton (a), Wolves (a), Chelsea (h), Sp**s (a), Bournemouth (h) and United (a). We drew at the Etihad and lost ONE game against the fourth placed team in the league.

Look at the teams I mentioned. Nobody would expect to beat them all, we were done. Too many banana skins, we couldn't score goals, and so on. Here we are, with a PL trophy at the Emirates if a team with 115 charges of cooking the books and paying managers and agents via offshore accounts somehow drop points in their FINAL game after they haven't lost since the 6th of December. The team that won the treble last year and has won 6 out of the last 7 PL trophies.

We are all displeased because our second highest total points maybe won't be enough, but you can't keep looking at a few individual games and point out that's where we lost it. You can't win it all, you will lose on occasion. Game of fine margins.
I totally agree. The invincibles drew 12 games that season, that's equivalent to losing 8 games. We should be so proud of our team. They stood tall in many situations where I thought they would crumble. They had me going at Sp**s in the final ten mins but apart from that it was a great season.

We actually got lucky that Saka, Ødegaard and Saliba played the whole season and avoided injury.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Let's just admit it man city been very good in 2nd half of season they rarely drop a point I don't think they dropping points against weaker side than Sp**s at their ground against team who not gonna give much of effort because thier players will be going to copa america and euros. Of course everything can happen but 95% man city winning the league so in final day I just want our players enjoy the moment get a win in front of legends who gone unbeaten you already won more games than them in that unbeaten season so that alone something to be proud of.

Its funny though because we got a lot of points against the top 6 think we are the best. but we dropped some points against Villa at home and Wham at home etc.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Its funny though because we got a lot of points against the top 6 think we are the best. but we dropped some points against Villa at home and Wham at home etc.
Yes you have to get 4 points at least from Fulham and villa even tho they been very good this season but you have at least win against them once. This Westham and villa games sadly played big part the finishing in these games was seriously poor combined 48 shots and no goals

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yes you have to get 4 points at least from Fulham and villa even tho they been very good this season but you have at least win against them once. This Westham and villa games sadly played big part the finishing in these games was seriously poor combined 48 shots and no goals
Ultimately, if the EPL had goalline tech we probably draw or win vs Newcastle & WHU at home, but somehow their billion cameras can't tell if the ball in or out of play.

Equally if Trossard's shot vs Villa is 6 inches to the left we win the game.

Smallest of small margins.

Not to mention the incredible run of opposition strikers missing sitters that City have managed to conjure up. I would suggest someone needs to check Chris Wood's bank account if he didn't do exactly the same a week later...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I absolutely don't think we should be turning against the manager or players, but equally I also don't think we should be talking about how proud we are of the team either...we are Arsenal, there should be some pressure to win stuff here imo.

4 years without any silverware, with our spend the last 2/3 isn't great no matter what way you look at it...in those 4 seasons...

20/21...FA cup - Leicester
20/21...Europa League -Villarreal
22/23...League Cup -United
22/23... Europa League - Sevilla

...winners of cup competitions we have been in the last few seasons, better than all those teams imo.

If we competed and failed in the league still v City, but won a few of the above I would be very happy right now.

Hell poor Chelsea, Sp**s and United teams have at least been to Wembley in those years...but we haven't 🙁

Points don't matter to me at all, don't think the league is particularly strong at all this season so we should have a high points total by beating a lot of poor teams...I only care about where we finish in the league position wise, and winning cups.

We need to start winning sooner and not later.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Still have that little bit of faith that Moyes will do a masterclass. It would be a dream to be champions on goal difference. West Ham still have some players who can hurt City tbf if they are up for it.
If West Ham pull off a miracle and we win the league we need to make sure Sp**s fans get 1000 times worse abuse than if their team had helped us by taking points off City. Necer let them hear the end of how their shameless behavior on tuesday was all for nothing.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
A bit hindsight of course, but many of us on here came away from the City game thinking good point but could we have done more to attack them?

Neville said at the time that he felt we need to win because they will be perfect, we had to hurt them, to get a buffer. Annoyingly, for the second season in the run in, he was spot on.

People will point to the Villa result, but if we are honest, we’ve done better in the run in than most of us thought we would, we were all expecting a slip up somewhere. For me it keeps going back to the City game, we had to try and hurt them and yes, I know that is easier said than done.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

At the end of the day the table doesn’t lie, City have been the best team over 38 games and will deserve the title if they win on Sunday.

For us, it’s important we learn from our mistakes and come back stronger, and not let this get to us. We’ve shown brilliant improvement season upon season, and continue to improve. There are areas where our game can still go up another level.

It’s hard to take, but we can be proud of our season.

City deserve nothing but our scorn & contempt for how they've repeatedly made a mockery of the sport.

When we knock them off their f*cking perch, they'll stay knocked off.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The only issue is if our players will still be hungry enough to go again because all the hard work they done all for nothing.

But they pros I hope they continue with same effort Arteta is also demanding guy I don't expect sulking or unmotivated players with him.

andeoch1

Not me. First time I’m saying it is this season. Most don’t want to admit it but we have been very lucky this season, in many ways.
You sound like a broken record at this stage. Give it a rest with the ‘ We’ve been very lucky this season’ crap, we heard you the first time.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Not me. First time I’m saying it is this season. Most don’t want to admit it but we have been very lucky this season, in many ways.

If we were lucky what was City?

No penalty vs Pool, Wood misses, Son misses, and god knows how many more situations.

It's part of the game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Me explaining to my younger cousin how there is always next year for him to finally see The Arsenal win the league...

giphy.gif

...but deep down being really relieved that I have actually witnessed us doing it 😘

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I absolutely don't think we should be turning against the manager or players, but equally I also don't think we should be talking about how proud we are of the team either...we are Arsenal, there should be some pressure to win stuff here imo.

4 years without any silverware, with our spend the last 2/3 isn't great no matter what way you look at it...in those 4 seasons...

20/21...FA cup - Leicester
20/21...Europa League -Villarreal
22/23...League Cup -United
22/23... Europa League - Sevilla

...winners of cup competitions we have been in the last few seasons, better than all those teams imo.

If we competed and failed in the league still v City, but won a few of the above I would be very happy right now.

Hell poor Chelsea, Sp**s and United teams have at least been to Wembley in those years...but we haven't 🙁

Points don't matter to me at all, don't think the league is particularly strong at all this season so we should have a high points total by beating a lot of poor teams...I only care about where we finish in the league position wise, and winning cups.

We need to start winning sooner and not later.

I’m all for winning cups and that but let’s be real it cannot come at the expense of league performances.

What I mean by this is, I don’t want us to be some plucky underdog that won a cup with a good spirited run. I want to win a cup because we were the favourites because we’re ****ing amazing.

Doing well in the league shows that you have built something sustainable. That’s why I’m “ok” with this season. Of course the whole point of sustaining that level of performance is to win trophies so at some point that bill comes due. We’re not there yet, not for me anyway just based on the age of our squad - we have a bit more time on our hands.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A bit hindsight of course, but many of us on here came away from the City game thinking good point but could we have done more to attack them?

Neville said at the time that he felt we need to win because they will be perfect, we had to hurt them, to get a buffer. Annoyingly, for the second season in the run in, he was spot on.

People will point to the Villa result, but if we are honest, we’ve done better in the run in than most of us thought we would, we were all expecting a slip up somewhere. For me it keeps going back to the City game, we had to try and hurt them and yes, I know that is easier said than done.
Perhaps, that being said though, I think we have other games where criticism is more due. We did very well against the traditional top six (6-4-0). The games against Fulham and West Ham are maybe those you'd look upon with the most regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom