• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 21 (Jan 12-14) & (Jan 20-22)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Damn xG is really the stat that keep delivering.
Yeah Jota being this super clinical guy is a bit of a myth, I think he does finish very well in high profile games though which contributes to it.

If you looked at someone like Kane for example, or even Vardy then you'd see year on year of xG overperformance. A lot of goalscorers don't actually overperform their xG by that much anyway, the hard part is getting the xG in the first place which I'm sure you know as a stats guy.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Especially under Klopp you'd back him to keep them full of belief and hungry.

I think that’s what some of our fans seem to ignore. Experience of actually winning a PL or CL whether that’s in the manager or players plays a significant role in keeping the players and those around them grounded then you add in players who can change the game in the instant in KDB, Haaland, Salah etc which is a bit of a cheat code imo.

Klopp and Pep have proven themselves in handling those high pressure moments whilst Arteta hasn’t. So far he’s crumbled two seasons consecutively and shown his lack of experience when it really matters.

Another thing that doesn’t help is that we are heavily reliant on confidence players who are either detrimental to the way we play or there to provide experience coupled with a manager who is unwilling to adapt. If you look at our recent acquisitions (I won’t include Rice as I’ll admit he’s different to the profiles we usually sign) in Jesus, Zinchenko and Havertz who are all confidence players and even Ødegaard to some extent therefore the onus is on the manager to try and keep them hungry throughout the 38 games especially in high pressured moments which I’m not sure he’s able to do at this stage of his managerial career. Again, I’ll happily put my hands up and admit I’m wrong if he does deliver in the business end of the season but it’s just my gut feeling after watching four years of this.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This guy is starting to settle, has always been a physical beast but looks to be developing the mental attributes now.

He's up there with Gabriel and Saliba imo.
Starting to cut out the brainfarts unfortunately. Same as Upamecano when he's performing to par he's brilliant, the latter is probably even better this season.

HattoriHanzo

I think that’s what some of our fans seem to ignore. Experience of actually winning a PL or CL whether that’s in the manager or players plays a significant role in keeping the players and those around them grounded then you add in players who can change the game in the instant in KDB, Haaland, Salah etc which is a bit of a cheat code imo.

Klopp and Pep have proven themselves in handling those high pressure moments whilst Arteta hasn’t. So far he’s crumbled two seasons consecutively and shown his lack of experience when it really matters.

Another thing that doesn’t help is that we are heavily reliant on confidence players who are either detrimental to the way we play or there to provide experience coupled with a manager who is unwilling to adapt. If you look at our recent acquisitions (I won’t include Rice as I’ll admit he’s different to the profiles we usually sign) in Jesus, Zinchenko and Havertz who are all confidence players and even Ødegaard to some extent therefore the onus is on the manager to try and keep them hungry throughout the 38 games especially in high pressured moments which I’m not sure he’s able to do at this stage of his managerial career. Again, I’ll happily put my hands up and admit I’m wrong if he does deliver in the business end of the season but it’s just my gut feeling after watching four years of this.
Whoever ignores this, doesn't have a clue.
This, let's call it "winning mentality", is the biggest difference betweeb City/Liverpool and Arsenal.
Seems that people forget, because of last season, how actually Liverpool are excellent squad with world class manager.
Last season they had pause due to maintenance, now they're back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sheffield United v West Ham (drama at the end aside, and even then that drama was mainly created by awfulness) was one of the worst matches I have ever watched.

Hopefully Brighton v Wolves is much better tonight, should be at least.

fute

Leadership.

In addition to themselves, Klopp and Pop have leaders among their squads.

Guys on the pitch that keep the rest of the guys in line during the rough patches and also during the good times to prevent complacency. They reinforce mental toughness. The championship mentality.

Klopp and Pep and their staffs look for cetain intangibles in a player, in addition to their talent.

That is part of the talent ID as well.

It takes skill to indentify those aspects in a player to determine if they are a good fit for your football club.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Our midfield will still be a massive issue, even if we sign Toney...no one is winning the Prem with Havertz playing every game as an 8, even if we had prime Henry up front...so that still needs to be addressed if we want the title.

Would still love Ivan here though, him and Jesus as our CF options would be tremendous...very different players too which would be good.

BOLLOCKS!!

Prime Henry upfront & we'd be lightyears away at the top.

You should stick to women's beach volleyball as a spectator sport...be mindful to save a couple seats for @Farzad & myself :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom