• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 21 (Jan 12-14) & (Jan 20-22)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s easy to brush that under the carpet when you’re top of the league - many of us were doing that a few weeks back. Plus they have Salah, Szoboszlai, TAA, Robertson, Tsimikas and Endo all injured or unavailable. That’s like most of their key players out.
There’s no way we remain competitive in a title race with equivalent injuries to what they have.

I mean, they might not either, but they’re having a good go at it so far.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
They have the score but they've looked poor bro. In fact they look mediocre with both Salah and Trent in the team as well......

drive whatever GIF

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

They look mediocre bro, at least when taking into consideration what it takes to win the league. We saw that in our game at Anfield, with their true quality moment for them coming from a moment of brilliance between Trent and Salah. Other than that, they couldnt dominate us as they usually do and feel they should.

They are still good, make no mistake about that. But you just have to watch them play to see that they wont be able to hold off City for the title.

The question is... Will they be able to be more consistent than Arsenal as well?

SA Gunner

It will be between us and them this year

City, Arsenal and Liverpool are the closest I think.

City unfortunately have the quality and experience to get it done. If De Bruyne, Bernado, Rodri and Haaland reach the levels of last season, they will likely create a gap at the top. The rest of us need to be perfect to keep up with them and I dont think we can.

1. City, 2. Arsenal, 3. Liverpool. With 2 and 3 interchangeable depending on how the season plays out.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
They are still good, make no mistake about that. But you just have to watch them play to see that they wont be able to hold off City for the title.

The question is... Will they be able to be more consistent than Arsenal as well?
:lol: come on bro !

Make your mind up, are they mediocre or they're good ?

And for all their experience in going throat to throat against City, does that make you think we stand a better chance against City than Liverpool do.

And don't mention "if we stay fit", you're using that kind of "excuse" a lot lately, when in fact Liverpool have had much more injuries that we do so far.

They look mediocre bro, at least when taking into consideration what it takes to win the league. We saw that in our game at Anfield, with their true quality moment for them coming from a moment of brilliance between Trent and Salah. Other than that, they couldnt dominate us as they usually do and feel they should.

Their general play is not better than ours, even in the last 4 weeks, of this season. They just sadly finish their chances. Klopp is doing well with a weak squad imo.

We would smoke them if we weren't wasting our time on Kai.

SA Gunner

:lol: come on bro !

Make your mind up, are they mediocre or they're good ?

And for all their experience in going throat to throat against City, does that make you think we stand a better chance against City than Liverpool do.

And don't mention "if we stay fit", you're using that kind of "excuse" a lot lately, when in fact Liverpool have had much more injuries that we do so far.

They are good, but not good enough to be favourites to win the league. That's what I mean ;)

And fitness is not an excuse bro, its the reality for all teams who do not have the quality that City do. Liverpool themselves went from winning the league in 19/20 to completely falling out of the race in 20/21 because of fitness, and they just lost one key player in VVD. That's how important fitness is, particularly to your best setup.

Experience matters of course, but its not the same as having your best available, playing good ball and the momentum you need to win games. Having fitness, good football and momentum builds more confidence and belief now than anything you've done in the past. That's how we were able to almost win the league with zero recent track record, last year.

As of 11 jan its roughly equal. 30 injuries for both. 534 days missed for Arsenal and 510 for Liverpool. 7 injuries currently for Liverpool and 6 for Arsenal.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Their general play is not better than ours, even in the last 4 weeks, of this season. They just sadly finish their chances. Klopp is doing well with a weak squad imo.

so let me get this straight you are saying Mik’s sole decision to buy and play Kai in favor of others has hurt Arsenal’s performance? So why is it not believable that Arsenal’s money is carrying a bozo in a weak league?

SA Gunner

Yeah Kai is looking like a poor transfer so far, agree there.

Think we've destabilised ourselves a bit by bringing in both Havertz and Rice, particularly destabilising our progressive play and not getting the best out of Martinelli. I do expect Arteta to get it right in the summer, by bringing in a proper left 8. And also do the adjustments with what we have in the squad right now (TP5, Smith Rowe, Vieira, Timber).

Still some football to play, and I think we have something to say in the title race. It would need us to make the right decisions though. Do that, and I think we can do better than Liverpool over the remaining 17 PL games.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Lfc will finish on top of us, i am doubtful they will out point City once Haaland and Kdb round back into form from injuries. Lfc next year giving Klopp another big window will easily surpass us if they haven’t already. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won a big trophy next year. Klopp is rebuilding he doesn’t ever have the biggest money in any league he can’t continually stock pile snd reload players

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There’s no way we remain competitive in a title race with equivalent injuries to what they have.

I mean, they might not either, but they’re having a good go at it so far.

Exactly, I respect it especially given their current situation as they’re just making do with whatever they have whether that’s Jones, Elliot or a young player I haven’t heard of from the academy.

Our fanbase just love to hate on teams and former players for the sake of it lol it isn’t healthy.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is that shade? :lol:

You know Arteta himself admits we over performed in that first half of last season, also that’s still not on track to hit 20 league goals.

Forget the number 20 for a bit, need a player who has a nose for goal and is good enough of a finisher to take advantage of the chances we create. Is that Jesus?

No not shade, that’s exactly what he’ll do.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah Kai is looking like a poor transfer so far, agree there.

Think we've destabilised ourselves a bit by bringing in both Havertz and Rice, particularly destabilising our progressive play and not getting the best out of Martinelli. I do expect Arteta to get it right in the summer, by bringing in a proper left 8. And also do the adjustments with what we have in the squad right now (TP5, Smith Rowe, Vieira, Timber).

Still some football to play, and I think we have something to say in the title race. It would need us to make the right decisions though. Do that, and I think we can do better than Liverpool over the remaining 17 PL games.
He's 0-2 with 100 million down the drain on that front. History would suggest we should hope he gets it right rather than expect it. Even then, will there be money when striker is clearly the most pressing need?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom