• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 36 (May 3-6)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,330
  • Views 24,793

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We will never have the same luck with injuries. Saka, Ødegaard, Saliba, Gabriel and Rice hardly missed any games. To have your 5 best players fit all season is a freak luck and we have to take advantage this season. This squad is not deep enough to survive the injuries our rivals had

All of those guys are historically durable players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A loss for Sp**s today should rule them out of CL as it means Villa will need 2 points from 4 games - They are also playing before Sp**s today, so it could all be resolved today.

I hope Liverpool thrash them.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
What is it down to?

I imagine training methods, playing style, nutrition and monitoring play a role… Assembling a team of players with good injury histories also plays a big part. There’s a very strong autocorrelation when it comes to certain types of injuries.

For example it doesn’t surprise me that teams like Liverpool and Sp**s that prefer end to end chaotic games have more muscular injuries than the other teams.

Luck plays a part of course, but it’s not “just luck”.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Until they not. You can’t ignore how lucky we been with injuries
Peak Klopp's Liverpool was quite durable. They hardly had injury to their first xi. Yeah they've become injury prone in recent years. It used to piss me off how the likes of Salah, vvd, Wijnadum, Firminio, Mane, etc used to play 60 games a season without a single knock

Ironically, it was their bench players that usually got injured.

I think some players are genetically predisposed to injuries while others are not.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Peak Klopp's Liverpool was quite durable. They hardly had injury to their first xi. Yeah they've become injury prone in recent years. It used to piss me off how the likes of Salah, vvd, Wijnadum, Firminio, Mane, etc used to play 60 games a season without a single knock

I think some players are genetically predisposed to injuries while others are not.
IMG_2986.jpeg

Only time that XI played together was in the CL final funnily enough

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You right some players are more durable than others. But there are also some injuries that’s just from bad tackle like bentacur injury from Marty Cash who did a number on him.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Brighton and Sp**s win( runs into bathroom for a wash) pls

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

A loss for Sp**s today should rule them out of CL as it means Villa will need 2 points from 4 games - They are also playing before Sp**s today, so it could all be resolved today.

I hope Liverpool thrash them.
You're a villa fan now?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You right some players are more durable than others. But there are also some injuries that’s just from bad tackle like bentacur injury from Marty Cash who did a number on him.
Yeah. But most injuries are non-impact ones.

Some players are quite prone to these. But some players are so prone to imapct injuries too due to the way they play like Wilshere.

Some are just bad luck like you said.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

View attachment 24090

Only time that XI played together was in the CL final funnily enough
Felt like they were playing that xi every game. Of course salah got injured in the SF in 2019. But this is surprising. But tbf I think it was matip that was constantly injured.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom