• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 59,084

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Bro, you shouldnt dismiss the overall strength of the league because of City.

City are probably the best PL team in history. You can even see this admission from the likes of @GDeep™.

The overall strength of the league is stronger, just on advancements in football alone. The league is stronger now than the mid 2000s, just like the mid 2000s were stronger than the 1980s.

Individual quality of player, yeah that's a discussion to be had IMO.

This golden era and quality of the league doesn't really equate to European dominance though;

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Fulham are such a disgrace and I hope they get relegated and also city can fck off, cheating pricks, Sp**s can also do one, small time ****s, season can fvk off too

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Scary thing is, in general terms over the course of the season, City were playing better last season. Much better.

That’s my impression, last season you can kind of contextualise it cos they won the treble, it was an incredible season they produced, this season doesn’t feel like a very memorable one for them by their standards, just normal, and they’ll still probably be league champions.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Lool yeah because 7 games to go you have a home game against Villa and a team who have amazing record in April and May is chasing you and you collapse at home. That second half vs Villa was a team who felt the moment and couldn’t respond. Offcourse we go on a run when it’s not on our hand
If Fulham had drawn with City would you have believed Arsenal would have won at OT?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This golden era and quality of the league doesn't really equate to European dominance though;

There is a very good video by HITC on this topic.

The lack of consistent English dominance goes back to the 80s, when English teams were banned from continental European competition. This stunted the advancements in technicality for years, until Wenger came to England.

Simply put, the reason why English teams arent as successful is because of their lack of technicality in midfield. Brute force, high speed football is not enough in Europe. You need to be very technical in midfield to win the Champions League as a starting point.

That's why we were so good in the Champions League during the Fabregas years.

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
Arteta is not winning the CL and EPL anytime soon. A serial bottler like Arteta can't hold a serial winner like pep. Next season the movie will be the same

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Fulham had drawn with City would you have believed Arsenal would have won at OT?

Probably. But now I don’t think we beat United. Psychology when you chase and chase a team and they keep winning. Eventually it will break the chasing team. I would not be surprised one bit if we see an Arsenal team that’s down tomorrow

sdotzdot

Established Member
Why are people discussing GD? Are you guys serious?

Even if we win 1-0 in both of our last two games, city draw one (only time it becomes relevant), then they will need to win their other game 5-0 to even match our GD, and believe they would need a 6-0 as our H2H is better.

Guys seriously use your heads ffs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That’s my impression, last season you can kind of contextualise it cos they won the treble, it was an incredible season they produced, this season doesn’t feel like a very memorable one for them by their standards, just normal, and they’ll still probably be league champions.

They'll likely end up with more goals scored, the same or slightly more goals conceded, same amount of wins, fewer defeats, more points.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
GD is only relevant if City slip up…

As long as this stays 3-0 they’ve got to win 6-0 in one of their remaining games for GD to even be relevant.

Agreed.

Anything over +3 going into the last game is too far a mountain to climb I'd say.

Let say its level points with us being +3 ahead going into the last day. That means us winning 1-0, would mean City need to win 4-0 to win the league. Possible yes, but not as likely.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Lool yeah because 7 games to go you have a home game against Villa and a team who have amazing record in April and May is chasing you and you collapse at home. That second half vs Villa was a team who felt the moment and couldn’t respond. Offcourse we go on a run when it’s not on our hand

You have to look at the whole season mate; that Villa loss was a blip in the midst of us being almost perfect results wise in 2024.

We threw away 5 pts to Fulham - there's the title.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom