• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 2 Liverpool | Sunday 9th, October | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

This is a big one. Liverpool are very vulnerable but they still have the tools to hurt us. The fact that most pundits are predicting us to win gets me scared.

Injury updates

Andrew Robertson

Andrew Robertson has missed Liverpool's last three matches in all competitions since he picked up a knee injury during the 4-1 defeat against Napoli in the Champions League.

Klopp has confirmed that the Scottish left-back has returned to the training pitch and he could be in contention to feature this weekend.

Naby Keita

Naby Keita is yet to feature for Liverpool this season due to a thigh injury, but Klopp has said that the midfielder may return at some stage this month.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also yet to play for the Reds this term, but he is expected to return to the squad at some point this month, although Sunday's game may come too soon for the former Arsenal man.

Screenshot-20221007-092611.png

Screenshot-20221007-092635.png

Screenshot-20221007-092650.png

Screenshot-20221007-092732.png

Predicted Lineup

Screenshot-20221007-093621.png

Prediction

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Last edited by a moderator:

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
This isn’t the Liverpool Utd beat, they got their injured players back now. I believe only Robertson is missing out of their starting 11.

It will be difficult, they always turn up to play against us. But if we are at our best we can beat them!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This will be an interesting game.

What I respect from Klopp, Linders and team, is that they identify issues in our setup, that I havent seen anywhere else. Like for example last season they focused on Ødegaard and his lack of ability in tight spaces, instead of doing what everyone else was doing at the time, and that was blocking off Saka. Worked well and really cut off our effectiveness then, as that was our chief means of creativity (Ødegaard-Saka chemistry).

This season, we are a bit more balanced, although more left sided as an attack focus, and we have more attacking patterns. So I would be interested to see what they come up with, to get at us this time.

As for them, think their struggles behind their fullbacks, particularly their right side (TAA and Matip) has been where they have been caught this season. I saw some analysis of them changing to a 3-2 buildup, which is a 4231 shape, to help cover, and also allows their attackers to stay higher up the pitch. So I do expect Arteta to try and pull that apart with his plans, in addition to others.

But, should be interesting... feel less nervous than the Sp**s game for some reason, even though this is a far more dangerous side to play.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
This will be an interesting game.

What I respect from Klopp, Linders and team, is that they identify issues in our setup, that I havent seen anywhere else. Like for example last season they focused on Ødegaard and his lack of ability in tight spaces, instead of doing what everyone else was doing at the time, and that was blocking off Saka. Worked well and really cut off our effectiveness then, as that was our chief means of creativity (Ødegaard-Saka chemistry).

This season, we are a bit more balanced, although more left sided as an attack focus, and we have more attacking patterns. So I would be interested to see what they come up with, to get at us this time.

As for them, think their struggles behind their fullbacks, particularly their right side (TAA and Matip) has been where they have been caught this season. I saw some analysis of them changing to a 3-2 buildup, which is a 4231 shape, to help cover, and also allows their attackers to stay higher up the pitch. So I do expect Arteta to try and pull that apart with his plans, in addition to others.

But, should be interesting... feel less nervous than the Sp**s game for some reason, even though this is a far more dangerous side to play.

We saw a pretty epic tactical display against Sp**s and that’s what gives me hope.

Saw some peeps saying “oh if son just managed to make the pass” etc after the Sp**s game kind of missed the point. It’s normally kane passing to son... We shut that down by Saliba and Partey between them pocketing Kane. In attack, Sp**s clearly had a game plan built around our fullbacks inverting in build up. So a few overlapping runs from Ben White and all sorts of space opened up for Saka and Sp**s panicked. We need more of this and I’m trusting Mikel won’t disappoint.

He better not have used all his ammo against Sp**s ffs…

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

All I wanna know is what bet is tickling @2Smokeyy ‘s fancy right now…

Wouldn’t put anything on this one. Too many variables as we don’t know what type of Liverpool will turn up and whether Arsenal will show their naivety once again.

This is the match that will determine how far along in the process we are and whether we’re serious title contenders imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why does Klopp always try this crap?! He gasses up these young players pre match every time and then they show this Liverpool side too much respect.

He thinks we can’t see right through these mind games he’s playing, let’s see if he keeps that energy during the match.

mikel-arteta-arteta.gif

A massive plus is that dirtbag Sadio Mane is no longer a Liverpool player.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Why does Klopp always try this crap?! He gasses up these young players pre match every time and then they show this Liverpool side too much respect.

He thinks we can’t see right through these mind games he’s playing, let’s see if he keeps that energy during the match.

mikel-arteta-arteta.gif

A massive plus is that dirtbag Sadio Mane is no longer a Liverpool player.
If they are lured into that well that just showcases the fragile mentality

Jasinho

Kind of nervous about this one, Liverpool are just one of those teams that we always struggle against but there's not better chance than now to get at them with all of their vulnerabilities.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would be nice to win. I think the last time we were beating all of Liverpool, City, Utd etc in the league, was still under Wenger, even in the last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom