• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday 31st December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPORT-PREVIEW-Fulham-v-Arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20231229-090807.png

Screenshot-20231229-090830.png

Screenshot-20231229-090851.png

Screenshot-20231229-090933.png

Screenshot-20231229-091001.png

Screenshot-20231229-091033.png

Screenshot-20231229-091053.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Fulham 1-2 Arsenal

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Will Antonee Robinson lock Saka up again?

@Macho @Trilly @TheEliteMaster100_ @SA Gunner

Saka is quite awkward vs Athletic PnP fullbacks, think of Gomez who was a makeshift LB during last weekend 1v1 draw, Mitchell of Crystal Palace, Balde (pre-season), Rico Henry of Brentford and the infamous Antonee Robinson in all comps (world cup included lol).

Remember.. Saka has only scored 2 away goals in 2023 in the premier league, 1 at Villa Park in February and 1 vs Bournemouth in September.

Saka must turn up, he was poor in last season's 3-0 craven cottage win too (the game in Martinelli and Partey balled in).

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would like to think that we'll respond well and thump them but it feels like we could see a snowball effect. Prior to yesterday, even the poor performances didn't have alarming body language and laziness as features. I saw some behavior from some players that I really didn't like yesterday. It went beyond just losing the game. I saw a lack of intensity and fight at home with a chance to end the year top of the league and that's not acceptable. Another early goal conceded and I think we'll collapse which is not something I ever thought for most of last season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I would like to think that we'll respond well and thump them but it feels like we could see a snowball effect. Prior to yesterday, even the poor performances didn't have alarming body language and laziness as features. I saw some behavior from some players that I really didn't like yesterday. It went beyond just losing the game. I saw a lack of intensity and fight at home with a chance to end the year top of the league and that's not acceptable. Another early goal conceded and I think we'll collapse which is not something I ever thought for most of last season.

Scoring first will be crucial for us.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I'm pretty confident we'll have a good game. They'll feel frustrated by yesterday and will respond. Think there was some genuine disbelief yesterday from the players that they were behind in that match and hopefully that fuels them to make sure they actually score some goals.

Arteta will also be drawing entirely new cartoons for them every day til Sunday.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I'm pretty confident we'll have a good game. They'll feel frustrated by yesterday and will respond. Think there was some genuine disbelief yesterday from the players that they were behind in that match and hopefully that fuels them to make sure they actually score some goals.

Arteta will also be drawing entirely new cartoons for them every day til Sunday.

@Batman touched on this with his comment on the body language of some of the players and I've played a game or two of soccer (pub league lol) where my team has dominated the other but we could not put the ball in the net and it's freaking demoralizing.

HighburyHigh

Seems like we're not done feeling sorry for ourselves in here!

We'll probably turn up for this, Arteta won't want to dwell on the loss and neither will the team.
The mighty Fulham away! I so wish we were going up to City away next, that'll see what we're made of! ;)

perth gooner

Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard, and Jesus to perform a creative masterpiece against Fulham, carving up their defence with strokes of genius. But unfortunately they all missed the memo that scoring goals is the objective. The net remains untouched, and we get the privilege of witnessing a riveting 0-0 draw.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

City will obviously thump Sheffield Orcs today so no choice but for us to shake off the turkey and do the business

Who knows maybe the Toon remember how to defend on Monday and if not Eddie’s on sack watch and likely on his way to old Trafford, so win-win I guess.,,

I‘m inclined to treat West Ham as “one of those games “ as sat there it felt like an outlier - whatever could have gone wrong, went wrong, including Rice forgetting which club he plays for - he looked like a completely different player and his effective absence killed us,

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I have accepted that we are not a trophy winning team yet. You can see that we have too many players stil that are not of the required consistency. But we are getting stronger and more solid. Raya was a big mistake but those happen. Plenty of flops at all the big clubs, by comparison I think we have done pretty well. Just going to try to enjoy the season because to win a title we have to hope that Raya suddenly becomes good, Jesus learns to finish, our young wingers to become consistent and players like Partey and Tomi to finally stay fit. That is just not going to happen all at once.

Prefer us away from home tbh think we win this.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I would like to see Nelson or Trossard (ideally Nelson) given a go at LW just to give Nelli a bit of a breather; Gabbi can come on as a substitute for some minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom