• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Leeds United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday 16th, October | KO: 14:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_Leeds-United-vs-Arsenal-live-blog.jpg

We're in good place, so we just have to keep the run going. Leeds are a good side. They've improved massively from the tail end of Bielsa. But that being said, I'd back us to claim all three points.

Screenshot-20221013-202721.png

Screenshot-20221013-202748.png

Screenshot-20221013-202805.png

Screenshot-20221013-202855.png

Screenshot-20221013-204625.png

Prediction

Leeds 0-3 Arsenal

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Reasonably impressed with Marsch to be honest. More sustainable style of play in PL than Bielsa.
Think he seems like a good coach. He has coached a bit everywhere so he surely knows his trade.

Biesa is something else. A true legend and he is the one that brought Leeds back to the big time. Totally different league in my view. Not necessarily pragmatic but a true great! Plus any coach sipping coffee on the sideline has my approval!

bergholt

This was our hardest test and we came through it but this Thursday/Sunday rhythm is catching up with us and it was an overall poor performance by quite a few. Ramsdale and Saka saved us and on another day, three of our back four may have made goal conceding errors. We were largely outplayed but I trust this group to redouble their efforts and hopefully shake off any fatigue.

Next two PL games are against 18th and 20th sides so hopefully we can coast through them. Only 8 more matches to get through before the WC.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Did not deserve to win that and we were diabolical in the second half. I guess that’s how Sp**s have been winning all season though so **** it.

Whole team needs a bollocking this week at training.
Sp**s don’t ever get dominated like that. They just boring as hell. We got completely outplayed second half

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Anyone needing a laugh go on The Fighting ****.

Even after we battered these ****s, they still bang on about how lucky we are. Anything to make them sleep better at night I suppose. Forever in our shadow

Go easy on the little cretins.

Greatest Premier League start in their little club's history with a manager who is far above their station, and yet they find themselves staring at Arsenal's back.

I'm surprised most of them aren't alcoholics at this point :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s don’t ever get dominated like that. They just boring as hell. We got completely outplayed second half

Don't know about you, brother, but a win at Elland Road is not something to scoff at.

If's their first home loss of the season & they were playing well.

Had it been Bielsa on their bench, we probably could've gotten another 4 goals at least.

All in all, a fortuitous yet impressive win all the same. Especially when the trip to & from Bodo gets factored into the match preparations.

Rather nice to be able to focus on a European fixture & watch our rivals slog it out knowing that, regardless of Tuesday & Wednesday's results, we're still top of the league.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Normaly a team like Leeds is perfect for our set-up because we will get a lot of space to play in but yesterday we werent at our best. Leeds deserved a point tbf, but i take a nasty win because it have been ages since we got one.

MA08

An away game after an away game to Norway in Europa on thursday is not something that is very easy. if it was a home Europa game, we might have done better. But away game means we will not have sufficient time to prepare at all. Leeds had an entire week to prepare.

For next week against Southampton, they have a Wed game. We have a home Europa. So it should not be this difficult. Against Sheffield, we have an away Europa followed by Home game. Expecting us to negotiate both games much more smoothly.

And as the great Aaron Ramsdale once said "And Breath"...

ThePortugueseGunner

Champions are made in this kind of games. In order to win a league title, a team must be able to not dominate and still get the win, in order to build that winning aura. It wasn't a great performance, but we managed to win, while City lost.

We can now afford to lose to City and still be in first place, a scenario that every single one of us would buy if it was offered to us at the start of the season.

bergholt

I found it insane that had Gabriel actually been penalised for that kick that it would have been given as a penalty. An incident like that could occur anywhere on the pitch and had nothing to do with where the play was happening

Same is true of most fouls in the box, isn’t it?

africe

Same is true of most fouls in the box, isn’t it?
Most of the time it has to do with how play was developing (e.g the ball is about to be delivered into the box but a defender blocks off a runner), so it's at least a bit relevant.
If Gabriel clocked Bamford in the Leeds box then it's basically a goal kick, but if he does it in his own box it's a pen, which seems completely arbitrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom