• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Manchester City 4 - 1 Arsenal | Wednesday 26th, April | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Last night was not good enough and we must not repeat the mistakes we made if we must get a result here. Even a draw will be good enough.

We just need to abandon our principle but you know Mikel will never do that. He's so obsessed with winning his own philosophy rather trying to be pragmatic.

Even Pep sacrificed possession when they came to the Emirates earlier in the year. We have to pragmatic. We have to protect Holding like a group of wildebeest would protect their youngest calf.

Screenshot-20230422-093636.png

Screenshot-20230422-093723.png

Screenshot-20230422-093742.png

Screenshot-20230422-093820.png

f780bd54-598e-4a84-a20e-1c4ded84c3e5.png

Prediction

Man city 0-1 Arsenal

COYG!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll need do something different here to be more solid defensively and more solid in midfield Partey RB Jorginho CM and White CB.

I'll go 3 at the back but that mean Ødegaard will be dropped that won't happen.

Ramsdale
White Holding Gab
Saka Partey Xhaka Zinchenko
Trossard Jesus Martinelli.

This will give us better control in midfield and be more solid defensively but Odeegard wont be dropped and Arteta likely wont try this

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Need to run City ragged in this. Press like made men and make them chase us all over the pitch when we have the ball. They'll be starting to feel it with all these games they're playing. Also need to make sure it's a tough game for them knowing they travel to Fulham a few days after.

Yeah I can see the argument for sitting back but it'll make City feel a bit comfortable if we just concede possession. We need to make it as uncomfortable for them as possible. As you say they're playing a lot of games even Pep has been vocal about his worries. I don't think we're gonna be favourites no matter what strategy we deploy but we need to show the energy and aggression which has brought us to the dance. I feel like any passive approach or overly defensive approach based on the opposition puts a negative mindset into the players straight away especially because we're not used to it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pressing city high works when you have Saliba but without him you cant leave Haaland isolated with Holding. We did well against them in fa cup until we made changes in 2nd half but things different now

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can't just flick your fingers and become Simeone's Atletico. We never play pragmatically in terms of sitting deep, throwing in an extra defender, not pressing. We have to find a balance. I think of Liverpool game at the Emirates, we mixed it up but still pressed like animals. I don't think we can lose that because its part of the identity of the team. That's not saying press for 90 minutes but we cannot just allow them to be comfortable in possession.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Is it time to switch to a double pivot? Our defence has been leaking, we need something to shore it up.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

7th minute:

Rodri, against all odds, gets a red card for a disgusting tackle. Phillips has to deputize but, given he's been practically missing the entire season, is not operating in concert with the rest of his team-mates.

35th minute:

John Stones brings Martinelli down in the box for a penalty. City remonstrate with the ref but it's legitimate.

36th minute:

Martinelli tucks it away for his first goal from a deadball situation this season.

84th minute:

Saka bamboozles Laporte & sends the ball fizzing into the box for Trossard to nutmeg Ederson for a second that kills City.

Full time:

City 0 - Arsenal 2

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is probably the last game this season that kinda actually matters for Arsenal, tbh...so **** it, if this is to be the end this year lets go out kicking and screaming...death or glory one last time!

Lets win the latest meeting at their ****hole just like we won the first one...

...the thought of Jesus recreating that Freddie celebration with the fans as he bags the late winner :drool:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I don't care who starts as long as they put in a shift and show they want this! Our boys need to make things right here and I am sure they know that. I don't even care if it's a dodgy 1-0 win. I will take any scoreline and any win lol please guys get the job done and let's go on a run to cap off a crazy PL season.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Martinelli --- Jesus ---- Saka
----------- Ødegaard ---------
------- Partey -- Jorginho -----
Xhaka - Gabriel - Holding - White
------------- Ramsdale --------

Xhaka at least is good on the duels, I was think about Tierney too if Xhaka isn't ready or something.

Second half Trossard for Jesus.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Defend like we have in the last four games and City will run riot prob 5-0, but in all seriousness that prediction can easily transition into reality knowing how leaky the defence is.

Arteta needs to tighten up big time.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
With Holding starting 5-1 City Haaland hat trick. We haven’t had an old school Arsenal CB comedy show and disgraceful romp for a season i suppose we are due.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The guy has turned the entire defense, goalkeeper, and Partey into crap since he started. No joke i called Xhaka Chernobyl last year but Holding is worse than Mustafi. I hated Mustafi more than any Arsenal player but i would rather have Mustafi than Holding in this match. He can’t start for any premier league team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom