• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Nottingham Forest 1 - 2 Arsenal | Tuesday 30 January | KO: 19:30 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFHBwyAW4AAsXkD

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.standard.co.uk%2F2022%2F08%2F26%2F15%2FPL22NottsForesrArsenal.jpg%3Fwidth=1200&width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75

Screenshot-20240125-225457.png

Screenshot-20240125-225515.png

Screenshot-20240125-225534.png

Screenshot-20240125-225606.png

Screenshot-20240125-225628.png

Screenshot-20240125-225644.png

Screenshot-20240125-225659.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Nottingham Forest 1-3 Arsenal

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Playing like a team who plays this deep its always hard to create clear chances i think we were dominant in every aspect and were very unlucky to not win this game by 3 goals. Even a team like City or Liverpool will find it hard to break teams down if they play like this. think Forest did a very good job defensivly.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Matt Turner was pretty soft to let our 1st goal in so I've got to thank him for that haha. He's not good enough to make a PL keeper, probably an EFL Championship keeper at the best.

Eitherway, we controlled the majority of the game, an overall good performance, I would have liked a goal in the 1st half, got me on the edge of my feet at the end. GJ should have got his 1st one (crossbar) I & that would have been a great goal to have. I wish we could make more games like last week against these bottom teams to get me feeling a bit easier at the end though haha. That was a good counter goal for our 2nd I'd say though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Playing like a team who plays this deep its always hard to create clear chances i think we were dominant in every aspect and were very unlucky to not win this game by 3 goals. Even a team like City or Liverpool will find it hard to break teams down if they play like this. think Forest did a very good job defensivly.
Thats probably our issue against these bottom teams, they give us a fair bit of respect in a way & they let us have so much ball but they defend so compactly in the box as a team, we get so many shots blocked by them unfortunately.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Matt Turner was pretty soft to let our 1st goal in so I've got to thank him for that haha. He's not good enough to make a PL keeper, probably an EFL Championship keeper at the best.
He's done well for himself considering he never grew up playing the sport. He played it for cardio in high school and just so happened to find out he had some talent when injury forced him into playing more. He's definitely better for tourneys than season long sample sizes, imo. He's pretty good for US team when we need him to be but that doesn't mean he's good for PL and the top leagues, you're right.

albakos

Administrator

He's done well for himself considering he never grew up playing the sport. He played it for cardio in high school and just so happened to find out he had some talent when injury forced him into playing more. He's definitely better for tourneys than season long sample sizes, imo. He's pretty good for US team when we need him to be but that doesn't mean he's good for PL and the top leagues, you're right.
This might sound incorrect, but his body language and even his empty look give you the vibes that he is nowhere near the quality to give you confidence of a solid goalkeeper.

El Realista

The only two ways to improve on Jesus is Haaland/Kane level player. Very, very limited number of players in that caliber.

Or Saka and Martinelli must perform Salah-Mane levels to compensate for Jesus’s lack of goals. I can’t see them reaching those numbers given how wide they stay.
I don't agree... I am on this one with Pep. He played GJ on the wings for a reason. He is better operating from the wings and would work better with another player responsible of scoring. Basically you are telling me that there is not goalscorers in the world and that's no it true. Xabi Alonso took a unknown guy and make it work with a similar role, Arteta can't find a goal scorer capable of holding the ball, released it quickly and move around?

Honestly I prefer to have GJ as a player capable of playing around all the tree front, rotating and without the pressure of scoring that leading the attack.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If it's Arsenal (under arteta to be specific) it's arteta luck. If it's Liverpool or city they force the result. That's how we roll here.

It's just how things are. Two clubs who have proper managers & one has a glorified Statistician.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't agree... I am on this one with Pep. He played GJ on the wings for a reason. He is better operating from the wings and would work better with another player responsible of scoring. Basically you are telling me that there is not goalscorers in the world and that's no it true. Xabi Alonso took a unknown guy and make it work with a similar role, Arteta can't find a goal scorer capable of holding the ball, released it quickly and move around?

Honestly I prefer to have GJ as a player capable of playing around all the tree front, rotating and without the pressure of scoring that leading the attack.
Would you have written that last phrase if Turner didn’t make that error and game ended 1-1 with Jesus hitting that chance on the post? I feel a win makes people forget the flaws of some players. Jesus should be on double figures in the league this season with the amount of big chances he has missed.

It’s like a keeper, no matter how good he is on the feet. People will get fed up if he keep lacking in his bread and butter which is making saves

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I can get that there can be some matches like this, but these are the norm this season. Even against teams that have a less lower block than Notthingham.

It's the always the same boring and predictable playstyle for most of the match. There are some moments when we decide to play one touch football and we are dangerous but they are so rare. I miss our football from last season, it had more life to it.

But teams have adapted to it, I'm not sure what else can be done other than re-adapting to the increased negative tactics and low blocks.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He must have been watching endless vids of Aldair winning the 1994 World Cup. :lol:

Jesus was almost on by line when he scored that goal. Not sure there’s a keeper registered in the whole of the FA that would have let that in, apart from Matt Turner.

I seem to remember Courtois conceding a very similar goal to Messi a few seasons back

1706729569262.png

1706729619482.png

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

You’re kidding right? Forest had an amazing defensive display overall, that Murillo chap or whoever was phenomenal.

Arteta luck indeed 👏
There’s a process in the sport of Football where, if and when you have a shot on goal, you give yourself a chance to score. The keeper may save it, but they might not.

It’s called Arteta Luck when the ball gets passed the keeper, it’s called Arteta Out when it doesn’t.

Hope this helps!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

There’s a process in the sport of Football where, if and when you have a shot on goal, you give yourself a chance to score. The keeper may save it, but they might not.

It’s called Arteta Luck when the ball gets passed the keeper, it’s called Arteta Out if it doesn’t.

Hope this helps!

Pep seems to have had a decent amount of "Arteta Luck" in the last few seasons 🤔

bergholt

The only two ways to improve on Jesus is Haaland/Kane level player. Very, very limited number of players in that caliber.

Or Saka and Martinelli must perform Salah-Mane levels to compensate for Jesus’s lack of goals. I can’t see them reaching those numbers given how wide they stay.

The point is that he wants 5 goal scorers all getting 10-15, rather than one getting 30. The CF, the two wide forwards, the two 8s. If any of them were actually in goalscoring form then it might have a chance, but they aren’t.

Mohamed7

So, you want a player who:

* Score Goals
* Hold up play
* Inter-play/link-up play
* Move around = Dribble?

You pretty much summarized the key attributes of a great centre forward which like I said is rarity. Liverpool spent 100M on potential WC CF, City spent close to similar fee on Haaland yet you are blaming Arteta for not finding some random 20m-30m CF so he may compete with these guys. That's extremely unfair expectation. We will have to be extremely lucky in finding that gem and hope he hits the ground running.

I agree everything you said about GJ. We must upgrade on him. But not with a random dude. We are not Bayern Leverkuson. We are competing in league where losing 25 points in a season gets you a second place.

albakos

Administrator

El Realista

Would you have written that last phrase if Turner didn’t make that error and game ended 1-1 with Jesus hitting that chance on the post? I feel a win makes people forget the flaws of some players. Jesus should be on double figures in the league this season with the amount of big chances he has missed.

It’s like a keeper, no matter how good he is on the feet. People will get fed up if he keep lacking in his bread and butter which is making saves
That's precisely I don't like GJ as 9... The guy can't score but he can produce. Obviously I would prefer Alexis Sanchez anyday but what can I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom