• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricardo Quaresma

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Link, but it's bl**** tribalfootball. Does anybody know how realiable is this El Mundo Deportivo which they quote?
As I said many times before Quresma is my no1 choise, before Ribery. It's not that I say Ribery is not good enough, just that I think that Quaresma is better and would be better for Arsenal.
I couldn't find Quaresma thread in tranfer talk, so I started new one, it may be separate thread material.

Nutsy

Established Member
True. It is Tribal afterall, You can guarantee anything on it. Although it would be a great signing to be honest. I've been pacing back and forth on this issue.

Make a choice lads, Would you have Ribery or Quaresma?

I'd rather have Quaresma to be honest. but it would be difficult to bid for him with Chavs and other money grubbing giants lurking about.

M+D

Established Member
The article basically says this I believe (excuse my poor translating skills):
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20070523 ... 08400.html
It basically says that us Inter, and Lyon have joined the race for Quaresma's signature. It says Bayern Munich yesterday bid around 20 million Euros for him, and are at this moment considered favourites for him after they admitted failiure in signing Arjen Robben. They are moving quickly in order to appease their fans who are angry with the team's poor performance this year, resulting in fourth place in the Bundesliga.
It then mentions that Atletico Madrid were extremely close to signing Quaresma in the winter, and had closed the agreement with Porto only for them to pull out at the last minute.

qs

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
True. It is Tribal afterall, You can guarantee anything on it. Although it would be a great signing to be honest. I've been pacing back and forth on this issue.

Make a choice lads, Would you have Ribery or Quaresma?

I'd rather have Quaresma to be honest. but it would be difficult to bid for him with Chavs and other money grubbing giants lurking about.

Ribery because I think he's more likely to be able for English football.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Get him and Cana and we will be back on hunt for the PL glory

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
A year ago, he would be a realistic transfer but not this year, clubs will be dying to sign him. I can't see us trying to compete with Bayer or Inter for his signing. Great player though

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Legend#1 said:
He'd be perfect but will never happen.
why? :( i hope it happens. would want him much more than ribery, he would cost cheaper too.

interestingly, how did he fail at barca in the past?

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Legend#1 said:
He'd be perfect but will never happen.
why? :( i hope it happens. would want him much more than ribery, he would cost cheaper too.

interestingly, how did he fail at barca in the past?

Because Bayern are splashing out all their EURO's out of Franz Beckenbauer's Employees Provident Fund to sign Quaresma or any other world class winger. Not to mention the likes of Inter who'll be trying to sign him to replace Figo and Recoba in the summer.

Barca sold him because they thought he and Ronaldinho could not play on the same team. At the time, Quaresma was being used as a CM a lot. So, they thought Deco would perform better at that CM and that Deco would have a better partnership with the likes of Xavi and Ronnie.

longrufus

Established Member
Not to mention he broke his leg early on in his Barca career, when he finally came back he could never break into the team.

I remember we were linked with him at the same time as Barca. Very good player, but is very rough around the edges. Can at times be a very selfish player and his style may not suit the team passing at Arsenal. At the minute he is the centre of attention, im not sure how he'd cope being a smaller fish in a bigger pond.

Really cant see us competing against Bayern and whoever else for price and winning to be honest. Then again, i dont see Wenger moving for him at all.

Alfonso

Established Member
Very, very talented player. Could be our C.Ronaldo, but question marks over his ability to adapt to the Premiership. Will he struggle away in the North? How is his attidude? Weak or strong mentally? If he's a winner and has ambition to be the best player in the world then we should sign him.

How does he compare to Ribery? I think he is more talented, but Ribery might be more resiliant and ballsy enough for the EPL.

Tbh, it would be a tough choice between the two.

RC8

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
The article basically says this I believe (excuse my poor translating skills):
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20070523 ... 08400.html
It basically says that us Inter, and Lyon have joined the race for Quaresma's signature. It says Bayern Munich yesterday bid around 20 million Euros for him, and are at this moment considered favourites for him after they admitted failiure in signing Arjen Robben. They are moving quickly in order to appease their fans who are angry with the team's poor performance this year, resulting in fourth place in the Bundesliga.
It then mentions that Atletico Madrid were extremely close to signing Quaresma in the winter, and had closed the agreement with Porto only for them to pull out at the last minute.

It says that Bayern have joined the race, and that they are winning it now, with us, Inter, and Lyon having shown interest in the past.

I'd be very surprised if anything came out of this, as it is a very weak link that obviously holds little or no new information.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
i remember an el classico match at nou camp where barca loss 2-1 think it was 2003/04 and quaresma was playing wide right...this was before (deens came in jan window)he was shocking, pure skill and couldnt even beat gio and his team work was crap....how times have changed

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i cant think why Queresma would want to go to Bayern over others who are "joining" the chase... Bayern are not even playing CL football next season... I cant see him wanting to go there...

but then again, i cant see him coming here either...

number_0

Established Member
imo bringing him here will put us in another transitional period, i think our wingers are good enough now, i dont think how a player 20mil + is that much better imo

gstew

This would be a dream come true. Of all players supposedly "available", Quaresma and Eto'o would be my first two choices by far. No one else comes even close. Quaresma is far more talented than Ribery and is a better player. More importantly, he is a better shooter/finisher. That being said, I think that it would take him most of his first year to adapt to the Premiership speed and Arsenal's style. He is used to having the time to beat a man (or a few men) and then make a decision. I he and Ribery are the same cost (or even within 5 mil. pounds of each other), then I choose Quaresma.

Regarding realistic targets, I would consider it the best summer ever if we were to sign both Tuncay and Quaresma!

AFCFan4Ever

He does come off as a player who could adapt to our system and style of play well and blend in nicely.

It would be an interesting signing for sure.

Lord Dula

Established Member
All in all, if he signed for us I'd get that fuzzy feeling inside when we sign a decent player - havent had that since we signed Sol Campbell.

RC8

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i cant think why Queresma would want to go to Bayern over others who are "joining" the chase... Bayern are not even playing CL football next season... I cant see him wanting to go there...

but then again, i cant see him coming here either...

Others are not joining the chase, Bayern is joining the chase, and according to that article they are favourites because they are the only ones with a concrete bid, and have offered a large sum of money.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom