• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robinho

godfather

Re: Robinho to Arsenal (post-speculation)

psycho said:
Yeh it is pissed.
A real kick in the teeth actually. The team have now got used to the way he plays, and he seemed so happy here.
We should have been able to build on his progress but thats just how it goes in football I guess.

If Hleb stayed, at least we would know what we were working with.

Unlike Robinho- which most of the excitement would be purely because of his name. He would actually be a very dicey signing- question marks on whether he will adapt, a known party boy..etc.

agreed. Cygan could be a different story if his name is Cygano or Cyganio or even Zinedine Cygan :roll:
anyway. If Hleb left, we may need to rebuild our game or at least part of our game. because he was missed at games when he didn't play last season.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

psycho said:
Unlike Robinho- which most of the excitement would be purely because of his name. He would actually be a very dicey signing- question marks on whether he will adapt, a known party boy..etc.

which is exactly why he will not be coming to Arsenal...

1. Wenger himself said he will buy big players, not big names...

2. We have a very strict social code at the club.. Wenger expects all players to be consummate professionals... Robinho likes his party life too much (think Pennant)

thegame24

Established Member

thats an unfair comment, just because hes a big name doesnt mean hes ****.

He is a big player, just look at him for brazil.

Its ridiculous really, like sayin oh i wont sign messi or kaka just cause they have a name.

thegame24

Established Member

thats not my point, the point is ignoring him just because hes made a name for himself.

JazzG

Established Member

thegame24 said:
Its ridiculous really, like sayin oh i wont sign messi or kaka just cause they have a name.

We won't sign them because they have a name, it is because of the ludicrous money their clubs will demand for them. Messi won't be sold and if Kaka goes they will want more then they got for Sheva so I'd say close to £40mill and that ain't happening.

asajoseph

Established Member

I think you have a point - Wenger was merely re-iterating that the name alone will not be enough for him to sign a player. 'Names', like Ronaldinho (being the perfect example), who aren't performing aren't worth Wenger's time.

That said, there are two clubs in London alone more likely to sign Robinho than us.

And I'd be gutted if he went to either.

thegame24

Established Member

no but its the point being thrown here saying robinho is overrated etc, its annoying cause hes a really good player.

If he went Sp**s as asa says id be extremly pissed off.

JazzG

Established Member

I assume you refer to Chelsea and Sp**s? Personally I don't see him going to Sp**s, why would he leave the biggest club in the world and join Sp**s a team which hasn't even played in the premier European competition for around 40 years. Chelsea maybe but that is a different situation because of the vast amount of money they can offer.

Also don't see R.Madrid letting him go, last season he was vital for them in their push for the title but haven't watched too much of them this season.

asajoseph

Established Member

It's unlikely, I agree, but they're cash rich, have a manager that Robinho will be familiar with, and he's just the sort of player they'd be likely to at least bid for, which is a step more than us.

guinertron

Just home from work and during the drive had Talksport on as you do, and their Spanish reporter Paul Breen Turner? mentioned that Robinho WAS in London and is talking to Chelsea and that the move depends on what happens in the next week with Christiano Ronaldo's deal being sorted out it seems likely that it's how much United can hold out for. If it happens Robinho will go to Chelsea as that will fund up to 50% of the money needed for Ronaldo.

asajoseph

Established Member

This story was printed in Marca over the weekend. Was this supposed to be 'new' information, or was he just repeating the same old crap?

Anyhoo, doesn't bother me. Robinho's agent could parachute into the centre-circle of the Emirates, and I still wouldn't believe we'd sign him.

And you're listening to Talk Sport? That's it, you're banned.

guinertron

ha ha forgive me its my addiction in the same way Amy Winehouse is addicted to smack.
No apparently new news the deal may go ahead even if Ronaldo doesn't piss off to Spain, not like Chelsea to make a trophy signing e.g pay over the odds for an ego.

I don't want him anywhere near our club not even if we threw "Pleb" at them and yes i said PLEB!!!

number_0

Established Member

I would'nt want him here tbh, not because he isnt good enough, its just his ego and attitude, and i am not sure he is the best replacement for hleb, also he might find portegese speaking manure and chelsea more attractive.
Not sure he is even for sale, as he is the fans favourate there i think.

baccy_man

Established Member

it is being reported on skysports that Chelski are after him for £28 million

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html

i can't see us competing with those figures,
i thought that he might have been good for us a few seasons ago but i don't think so now if reports about him wanting to party all the time are true, this would cause a lot of problems in the team.

siddharth

I find it amusing that some people still think Arsenal are capable of signing robinho. We don't have a chance in hell. Robinho would cost at least £20m and his wages would have to be at least 80k. Not only that but robinho is too much of a playboy with outrageous off the pitch antics and wenger would never sign him even if we became the richest club in the world.

If this transfer does go at the fee being mentioned , i can bet Madrid will be laughing their nuts off. However i'm sure it will be some kind of a swap deal between robinho and carvalho with cash adjustment.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom