• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Romelu Lukaku: Journeyman

patrick42uk

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
If he's 16, I'm 12.
Enough with 24 year old teenagers from Africa.

Sure there are players who fake their age but it very possible for someone of African descent to develop very quickly physically. For example was watching a documentary on Mike Tyson ealier tonight. At 19 he was a beast of a man

outlaw_member

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Thommybhoy said:
If he's 16, I'm 12.

Sure there are players who fake their age but it very possible for someone of African descent to develop very quickly physically. For example was watching a documentary on Mike Tyson ealier tonight. At 19 he was a beast of a man

I'm 20 years old and I don't feel like I've hit my physical peak, yet Tyson was already the World Heavyweight Champion of the World by 19. Similarly, Ronaldo was already the best and most powerful player in the World by the same age because he too was a physical powerhouse. If this guy is as good physically and I don't mean like Adebayor (who in my mind wasn't as strong as he should have been) and has the required technical ability then we should pull out all the stops to get him. In saying that, Wenger would probably prefer getting someone like Lacine Traore instead.

ricky1985

Established Member
Outlaw, I've only seen Youtube clips of him, but it doesn't take much more than that to see the kid is about as strong as a footballer comes, and everyone has commented on his searing speed, and now we have Belgianfan coming on and confiming he has good technial ability too. Like you said when you're that quick and strong, well you have a huge advantage that's for sure.

He looks capable of being the player that Wenger hoped Adebayor would become.

gstew

Like everyone else (except Belgianfan) I have really only seen clips. But that doesn't really matter. He is the number one prospect in world football. And that has been the consensus throughout European news sources for almost a year now. When I saw the price of 9.5m pounds I was certain that this was bogus. That price is way too low.

But if we are after him, then this year will be our only chance to buy him (unless he gets hurt). His price will be out of Wenger's accepted range quite soon.

CRonaldo was bought for 12.5m at the age of 18. And Lukaku is a far bigger prospect.

Lebron James was 6'7" and 235 pounds at the age of 15. And he had the agility of a point guard. I remember reading reports from the All Star camps that the best high school player in the country was a 15 year old and that he was dominating all the 18 year old players. In America this was unprecedented.

Every once in a while a physical specimen is advanced of all others. If that is the case with Lukaku I do not care how much money we spend to get him, I want us to take that chance. We spent over 8m for Franny Jeffers for god's sake!

gstew

patrick42uk said:
Thommybhoy said:
If he's 16, I'm 12.

Tyson was a beast of a man at 16.

Proof

Established Member
Big, strong and fast. You got to love those attributes, Wenger should sign him in a heartbeat. At first, I didn't believe that he's only 16, but being born in Antwerp, could help him with the age issue. Lukaku has the profile, of an excellent modern striker.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
gstew said:
Every once in a while a physical specimen is advanced of all others. If that is the case with Lukaku I do not care how much money we spend to get him, I want us to take that chance. We spent over 8m for Franny Jeffers for god's sake!
Good point, seems well worth the risk especially as his wages will be relatively low till he proves himself. Personally I don't mind that Drogba his hero either. It's that kind of striker we need, powerful, quick, good technique,a nightmare for defenders.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Well I have to be proven he really is 16, there are tests with bone scan and something with joints. I don't know what exactly but I know it's nothing hard to do and that it's more accurate younger the person is (or something like that in the spirit of English language).
Before that because of the way he looks the way he is built, I will remain highy sceptical... As well as all of you can be sure he is 16 I can be highly sceptical about it.
I will gladly admit I was wrong if he joins us, he really is 16 and makes great career with us. Not a single doubt about that.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
I know it's only youtube, but he looks sensational. The way he shrugs off defenders like they were nothing and then slams home a rocket is sheer class.

longrufus

Established Member
Awesome talent and will be a world class striker,without a doubt. Come summer and a bidding war I cannot see him ending up in an Arsenal shirt unfortunately.

Proof

Established Member
longrufus said:
Awesome talent and will be a world class striker,without a doubt. Come summer and a bidding war I cannot see him ending up in an Arsenal shirt unfortunately.
Although, considering our youth policy background, we could have a good chance to sign this lad. But, in a bidding war, I'm also skeptical about it.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thommybhoy said:
Well I have to be proven he really is 16, there are tests with bone scan and something with joints.
You don't trust the Belgian health system? What would the Belgians gain from faking his age?

P_Gunner

We should buy him in the summer, even if it costs 15m. People this talented come around once in a decade. We were outbidden on Ronaldo. If we had bought him not only could he have won us titles paying back his transfer fee, but we could also have shipped him out to Madrid and take a chunk off of our debts.

gstew

Thommybhoy said:
Well I have to be proven he really is 16, there are tests with bone scan and something with joints. I don't know what exactly but I know it's nothing hard to do and that it's more accurate younger the person is (or something like that in the spirit of English language).
Before that because of the way he looks the way he is built, I will remain highy sceptical... As well as all of you can be sure he is 16 I can be highly sceptical about it.
I will gladly admit I was wrong if he joins us, he really is 16 and makes great career with us. Not a single doubt about that.
Thommy...you obviously haven't seen many physical specimens where you live. Here is a quick list of some 15-17 year old high school football players being recruited by colleges:
Addarious Willis Grenada, MS 6-5/390
Phil Ford Shawnee Mission, KS 6-5/355
Aundrey Walker Cleveland, OH 6-6/355
Trai Turner New Orleans, LA 6-2/350
Kalanivalu Loe Kapolei, HI 6-5.5/340
Willie Beavers Lathrup Village, MI 6-5/330
Cory Ladd Gig Harbor, WA 6-8/330
Ramsey Henderson Washington, DC 6-7/330
Nick Rice Greenwood, IN 6-7/328
Alan Posey Athens, GA 6-5/323
Jerome Maybank Pawleys Island, SC 6-4/320
Eddie Caracheo Arlington, TX 6-4/320
Ronald Perry Jackson, MS 6-4/320

Yes...those are real heights and weights! And there are thousands more. What makes it so hard to believe that a 16 year old can be 6'3" and 205 lbs.?

taylor314gh

I was 6'2" and 230 when I was 16, im 6'4" and 280 now at 26. I had a good friend that was 6'3" when he was 13, he is 7'1" now. We did not dope or use steroids, we are just big people.

For the metric system boys, that made me 188 cm and 104 kg when I was 16.

Fixed :eek:ops:

asajoseph

Established Member
You fat git! ;)

Anyway, shame this rumour doesn't actually seem to be going anywhere, if Lukaku is even half as good as I've heard.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
taylor314gh said:
I was 6'2" and 230 when I was 16, im 6'4" and 280 now at 26. I had a good friend that was 6'3" when he was 13, he is 7'1" now. We did not dope or use steroids, we are just big people.

For the metric system boys, that made me 172 cm and 104 kg when I was 16.
I think you've made a mistake... 172 cm is not 6'2". 6'2" is 187 cm.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom