• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
he played well, its not his fault.
we dont have top level midfielders on the team.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's just growing more obvious he's not a CM. I mean, November in England, weather is sheight, last two games he's come up against cloggers like O'Neil, Yacob and Fletcher.. he hasn't hacked it well. No fault of his own, he's still one of our best players.

But his role is a CAM with two behind him doing the dirty work, sadly for him Özil is in the form of his life and no way will be be dropped. He's such a clever technical player, but he has some glaring weaknesses that are begining to become problematic;

1. His shooting. Seriously Santi... wtf happened to your shooting lad? He skies a moving ball at least once every game. First season he was slamming them in from all angles.
2. His lack of recovery pace. How can he help us defend counters? Lewis Grabban walked past him at one point in the game, and when you're partner is ****ing Flamini it's actually a small miracle we didn't concede again.

Solution: Jack Wilshere.

Malky

Established Member
It's just growing more obvious he's not a CM. I mean, November in England, weather is sheight, last two games he's come up against cloggers like O'Neil, Yacob and Fletcher.. he hasn't hacked it well. No fault of his own, he's still one of our best players.

But his role is a CAM with two behind him doing the dirty work, sadly for him Özil is in the form of his life and no way will be be dropped. He's such a clever technical player, but he has some glaring weaknesses that are begining to become problematic;

1. His shooting. Seriously Santi... wtf happened to your shooting lad? He skies a moving ball at least once every game. First season he was slamming them in from all angles.
2. His lack of recovery pace. How can he help us defend counters? Lewis Grabban walked past him at one point in the game, and when you're partner is ****ing Flamini it's actually a small miracle we didn't concede again.

Solution: Jack Wilshere.
Wenger wont bench Santi for Jack. Most likely rotate Wilshere and Ramsey on the RW. Unfortunately. As I agree, Wilshere is a better fit at CM than Cazorla.

ipgs

Exactly. He's averaged about 55 games in the last 3 and a half years.

I'm suprised he can still walk without those PED's
One advantage Cazorla holds over Wilshere is that he's durable. Could anyone imagine Wilshere plays as much?

When you want to rotate Cazorla, you look around and see only the injured and the unready.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I was under the impression that he was injured. The loss of Coquelin will tell on him IMO . Flamini is all over the place and Cazorla has to cover for him. On the other hand, Coquelin used to do the job of two players.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/01/arsenal-santi-cazorla-ligament
Arsenal concern over Santi Cazorla after knee ligament damage is confirmed

Santi Cazorla has damaged the ligaments in a knee, which has added to the sense of worry over his fitness prospects, although Arsenal are still unclear as to the precise time-frame for his absence.
Hardly surprising really considering, guess what, he was never ever rested either.

What harm would it have done to rest Cazorla for a game or two, put Rambo back into midfield and play Ox/Walcott on the right?

Time to see the real Rambo back in action now.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Hardly surprising really considering, guess what, he was never ever rested either.

What harm would it have done to rest Cazorla for a game or two, put Rambo back into midfield and play Ox/Walcott on the right?

Wenger loves Ramsey on the RW so much he'd probably play a Chambers-Flamini pivot :lol:

blaze_of_glory

His injury is nothing to do with rest. It was impact, could happen to any player at any time. Guess what, players get hurt playing this game, there is no such thing as zero risk. If you've ever played any sort of sport yourself you should know it can happen to anyone regardless of any precautions taken.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
How is wanting players rested classed as a fetish :lol:

Weren't you one of the guys who went on and on about Giroud being tired and needing a rest? Do you have a fetish with Giroud being tired? :lol:

All I'm saying is our players get run into the ground constantly, you can't deny that. Cazorla's might have been an impact injury but he was bound to get something soon because he never gets dropped- even when he's been shocking, which could easily be attributed to fatigue.

Wenger's management of the fitness of his players is very very suspect. But i suppose it all comes down to the fact that the players that are meant to be backing up our first team, are injury prone themselves! And once again that comes down to Wenger not finding the right balance between injury prone players, reliable members of the squad and quality within the squad.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anyone thinking that all of these injuries are just bad luck are being revisionist. IMHO, they're all related to Wenger's inability to develop a balanced squad capable of dealing with the rigours of being competitive in 4 (mainly 3) competitions. As a result of this inability he has been forced over several years to play the same key players into the red zone, as either the back up are injured or unable to achieve the goals that he has set for the team (namely top 4 & qualification into the knockout stages of the CL).

It is of no surprise that our title aspirations have foundered on injuries for so many years. He's a great manager but has shown a distinct inability to get his TEAM over the finish line in 1st in recent years, not because of lack of quality (in his 1st eleven) but lack of squad management (and this includes having dependable back-up). He's spent so long DEVELOPING the team that certain individuals have carried the load at various times whilst others were out injured or other were just not good enough. The load has proven too much for some.

For this to happen once or maybe twice might be bad luck but not every year for the past 7 years.

Sorry, I can't buy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom