• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 309,108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Michael Edwards at Liverpool is a shrewd operator. He doesn't give 3 year contracts to rejects from other rival clubs.

Part of what's made Liverpool successful in recent times is their squad building. Signings players in the early to mid 20's range, trying to find bargains and shrewd signings. You won't see them signing aging players from Chelsea like Luiz and Willian. Or a guy not deemed good enough for Southampton nearing 30. Wasting 72 million on someone like Pepe, persisting with players proven to be not good enough like Lacazette, Xhaka, Bellerin and the likes. Liverpool and Arsenal have been night and day in recent times. A case study in how to build a squad vs how not to build a squad without the luxury of billionaire owners.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Part of what's made Liverpool successful in recent times is their squad building. Signings players in the early to mid 20's range, trying to find bargains and shrewd signings. You won't see them signing aging players from Chelsea like Luiz and Willian. Or a guy not deemed good enough for Southampton nearing 30. Wasting 72 million on someone like Pepe, persisting with players proven to be not good enough like Lacazette, Xhaka, Bellerin and the likes. Liverpool and Arsenal have been night and day in recent times. A case study in how to build a squad vs how not to build a squad without the luxury of billionaire owners.
Spot on bro.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I will laugh so hard if Mustafi ends up at Liverpool I hope it happens.

I also see Lacazette and Pepe similarly falling upwards as well. I don’t think people realise how bad this club is.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Despite a couple of misses, Liverpool have become the exempla for buying and selling. Compared to them we are terrible over the last 5-6 years. Of course compared to the likes of Man Utd, we are rather good. Chelsea worse at buying than us, but better at selling. Sp**s have done pretty well too, but are discovering that when the kitty is small, a couple of bad decisions can screw your depth.

My main cause for optimism is that under the new regime, Willian is the only deal that seems a bad one to date. Partey questionable from long-term perspective, but sometimes you have to take that long-term hit to make today workable. We've also finally started taking getting people out the door seriously, which is about 10 years too late. If you get rid of the ones you don't want, you can keep the ones you do more easily.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Liverpool are going to sign Ben Davies from Preston for £2m according to the BBC. 25 years old CB. Previous experience at York, Southport and Newport. A real 'Steady Eddie' in the Championship according to Mark Lawrenson.

Glad to see Liverpool found an upgrade on Mustafi.

Last edited:

Santi Claus

2376057.webp

Statistically actually an upgrade on Van Dijk. ****ers should be throwing money at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom