• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Simão Sabrosa

asajoseph

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=410581&CPID=99&clid=251&lid=2&title=Simao+nears+Benfica+exit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... nfica+exit</a>

Apparently, we've put in a massive bid for Simao

Sabrosa has looked like a good player, but also a player who can step up and be devestating in the big games.

Frankly, a much better option for us than Ribery - he scores goals by the shedload.

I'll believe it when I see it though - especially if Reyes is set to stay. I expect he'll end up at Valencia.

Legend#1

Established Member
Simao can play both flanks, he's a real livewire, great passer and mover, great pace.. Single handedly carried the expectations of Benfica the last 2 seasons.

He's also got a great shot, but we'll soon drum that out of him.

I think Wenger now realises that Reyes will never settle, if these reports are true.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
but valencia are close to getting joaquin.so i doubt it maybe this is not a way for clubs to up their offer for simao but actually a true bid

Legend#1

Established Member
eddie_wills said:
what was the reason he didn't join Liverpool last year? I seem to remember a fee being agreed...

Benfica upped their price at the last minute.

He was basically signed.

kel varnsen

Established Member
agreed. sure, simao is a very gifted footballer, with both pace and skill on the ball, but what i think is more appealing, is the fact that he's a very intelligent footballer. he is superb off the ball. always looking to find a bit of space and link up with others. he knows when to pass and when to hold on to the ball. if we do sell reyes, simao is a better option than ribery imo.

Legend#1

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
agreed. sure, simao is a very gifted footballer, with both pace and skill on the ball, but what i think is more appealing, is the fact that he's a very intelligent footballer. he is superb off the ball. always looking to find a bit of space and link up with others. he knows when to pass and when to hold on to the ball. if we do sell reyes, simao is a better option than ribery imo.

Cheaper too, although not very cheap.

With Valencia supposedly signing Joaquin, they wouldn't need Simao would they?

seanconvey66

Simao is class, he would be simply awesome for us, he would provide the goals we will be missing from Pires, great delivery from set pieces aswell, which we have been desperately short of imo (never seem to get a corner past the defender at the front post.)

hesham

Established Member
Top player..
Would be the ideal replacement for Reyes if he leaves, although thats a big If.

Artillero

Do not watch his matches week in week out but I am impressed when I do see him.

I would like him at Arsenal just because he can beat players through either speed or skill. He is direct and can bend a ball with the best of them.

Still not allowing my self to even think he is on his way.

Rahul

If im not mistaken he can play through the centre in a five man midfield also.

With that i think we will have 3 midfielders who could any where across the 5 man midfield.Wenger probably rates versitality of a player with high regards.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
kel varnsen said:

Cheaper too, although not very cheap.

With Valencia supposedly signing Joaquin, they wouldn't need Simao would they?

wouldn't think so. they already got vicente, edu, gavilan and i think fiore is still there as well. i think they will try to sign simao, if this whole thing with joaquin fails...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nope..but as i said in the ribery thread before this opened, why sell reyes to get simao we are not broke at all!!!
we have a long season ahead of us in the premiership and europe so simao would add depth and boost our hopes for the title..as i said hes a younger figo..
very smart and uses his intelligence highly...with joaaquin going valencia i now believe this is true
we never knew this coming..Arsène deals when we never expect it thats another thing

kel varnsen

Established Member
btw, i've heard that valencia was interested in simao and benfica were willing to let him go, but valencia and simao couldn't come to an agreement.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom