• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spanish Football 2011/12

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Haven't they opened their new stadium, at the start of the season?
Sacking him for third place despite the financial contraints which will eventually come for Valencia now, seems a bit odd.
May be wrong though, is a sugar daddy involved there?

As Beksl suggests, there have to be other reasons behind that, surely?

Sottobosco

You can't know many Valencia fans then. They are very demanding and don't tolerate 3rd position as best possible.

First few years they could just accept it with the financial problems but now that easing [debt dropped from €500 mill to about €150 mil], they want a bit more but instead the gap between them and the big 2 is widening.

And if you have followed Emery's results over the last 3 years, you will know he's underperformed in the big games, most notably in CL defeats to Chelsea this season and Schalke last season. The defeat to Atlético in Europa League was another failure too.

As far as I'm concerned, it was totally logical move. Less logical is them appointing Pellegrino. Guardiola effect I guess.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Valencia are in the same boat as us. They won the league twice back in the 00's, so their fans expect more than to play second fiddle to the big two. In the exact same way that we don't accept finishing below Man Utd and Chelsea/Man City.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think its unfair to blame their failure on Unai Emery. They didn't have the finances and was forced to sell their best players. He has done a fantastic job all factors considering. Not to mention how unfair the TV revenue is.

Sottobosco

If I looked from outside, I would say Arsène Wenger has done a fantastic job the last 5 years,given he has guaranteed CL football whilst handicaped with reduced transfer budget due to the new stadium and at the same time, competing against 3 of the richest clubs in the world.

When you look closer, you see 8-2 defeats, pathetic coaching, no trophies, poor excuses and stupid buys. Who has the right idea depends on your point of view.

I give credit to the Valencia board for not tolerate falling standards and making the change they think the team needs. The easy decision would be to renew Emery's contract and carrying on trying for 3rd and a good cup run, instead they have tried something a bit more risky in the hope they can achieve something better.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Didn't know that, thanks for the info Sottobosco.

The comparison to Arsenal seems a pretty solid one in that regard, no wonder why I'm always seeing outsiders who, despite recent seasons, think Wenger's done brilliant here throughout his spell at Arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Drenthe accusing Messi of calling him a ''negro'', says he doesn't like the way he called him that word either, Messi denies it.

Don't think Black footballers should be making a big deal of South Americans using that word.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
GDeep said:
Don't think Black footballers should be making a big deal of South Americans using that word.

Yeah they should smile and thank them for being called by their colour instead of their names which I'm sure they wear on their backs just like everybody else.

Derenthe should bury his full of air head with shame for needing two years to realise that he's been racially insulted (if Messi ever did it that is).

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Madrid win their last game 4-1 and finish the season with 100 points and a goal-difference of +89. Insane.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Villarreal have been relegated!
Just 6 years ago they were in a CL semi-final against us.
Incredible.

G0D

Almighty
Vinci said:
Madrid win their last game 4-1 and finish the season with 100 points and a goal-difference of +89. Insane.
Amusing isn't it?

Barcelona have dominated La Liga for years, then when Madrid finally manage to win it again they do it in record breaking fashion.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom