• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2014/2015

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
I've high hopes for Surging Serge, I think he's such a talent. Is anyone else really pleased with the mixture of age and experience we have now? For every prime player we've got an exciting prospect it seems. For Giroud we have Sanogo (who hasn't shown a great deal but he has ability), for Walcott we have Ox (who's not really a prospect at this point, but still just 20), for Poldi we have Gnabry, for Debuchy we have Bellerin etc. Plus, we've also got young players who are set to make the step up, think British Core ;).

Gnabry is still our most exciting prospect for me, you could say Ox as he's only 20 but he's a key member of our squad now I'd say, you can't really compare him to the likes of Serge and Zelalem. Hope Gnabry get's decent minutes, training with Sanchez daily may just see his skill set evolve again.

I'm in full agreement here, particularly for the fact that we do have exciting prospects currently, who all seem to have a good attitude and appetite for improvement.

I'm quite a fan of Gnabry, he is the type of player who has such a versatile skill set that theoretically he should be extremely difficult to play against. He's showed intelligence by playing it safe in his early matches for us, but we've seen that he has that burst of pace and acceleration and incisive dribbling that can turn a game on it's head. It would be interesting to see more of him in the final third - he is a very good finisher with both feet and has a pass on him. With his technique and physical stature, he could conceivably play as a central striker, but I think his explosiveness out wide would be beneficial.

I'd like to see Gnabry grow in confidence a bit more and take some risks. His decision making so far has been superb, but he struggled a little bit before he got injured - maybe using some of his direct play will stand him in good stead. Whether that is here or on loan.

Enfield

Established Member
TBH I reckon at some point this season we will have conceeded a needless goal and we'll be pushing to get a winner or equaliser and then the boss will look to the bench and think to himself who do I bring on ' Alexis motherfck1ng Sanchez or Mesut Bloody Özil'.

Who gives a crap about our analysis, the good times are back babay

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I'm still a bit annoyed at Arsène saying stuff like 'we'll bring 2 or 3 players'. unless of course he was counting on keeping fabianski and sagna, or it was one of his trademark 'mind games'/'trolling the media' stunts.

either way, at least we're being seriously linked to rb's and cm's, so people can stop menstruating their 'jenks starter', 'another seaason of arteta' crap.

but i can't hide my mild concern over the CB depth. indeed we got lucky last season with health of mertscielny, because tv spent more time in physio room more than on the bench.

another forward (esp. an elite one) will be a bonus at this stage. needless to say, i'd be delighted, but not getting my hopes up. things change in 12 months, we'll see our internal situation, with how players develop/respond to changes. whether there's hope in sanogo/gnabry/campbell as CF options in near future etc.

and then there are young forwards that burst onto the scene. we just need to snap them up before they become 'WC'.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPB2XSwVX0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPB2XSwVX0</a>

*Quietly exits thread*

KY

Established Member
Caz19 said:
Jasard said:
CTqDLXd.png

Long way to go before we reach the quality of this

No team will ever come close to one that has TGSTEL.
How the heck did we ever get a top four with a team like that i'll never know...

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We didn't get top-four with that team, because we also had Sagna, Clichy, Cesc, Nasri, Walcott, RVP, etc.

Mastadon

Established Member
I never understood how Bendtner and Denilson ever managed to play so many games for Arsenal. I never once saw enough talent in them to make it here its really incredible that they managed to last so long on such high wages.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
For simplicity sake, lets say debuchy and/or manquillo are practically done, plus im all likelihood we will get a gk for reasonable fee (can i get a 'casillas!')

So, the above leaves our net spend 20-25m after windfall from clauses. We need still need, theoretically, a cm, cb, another attacker. ( in that order?)

So, question is, how many of those will get done, if any? Do you put equal importance on each, or does signing a cm rule out cf? Do we get a cm that can fill in at cb? How much depends on us shifting players first and on market conditions l/opportunitie?

Keep in mind, this on top of 3-4 players already, plus campbell in preseason

wengerboy

Established Member
CB is what worries me the most, Verms might be off and we lost sagna who did the job a few times. Might be time to invest in a quality like CB.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
wengerboy said:
CB is what worries me the most, Verms might be off and we lost sagna who did the job a few times. Might be time to invest in a quality like CB.

Zouave would have been perfect, Caulker would be a great catch. I think our squad needs an established premier league CB plus a young up and comer.

Anzac

Established Member
wengerboy said:

Howedes?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/24814/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/24814/</a>

Anzac

Established Member
I saw this...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2129952-arsenal-could-move-back-to-4-4-2-after-summer-transfers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2129 ... -transfers</a>

but instead of a 442 I thought perhaps Pellegrini's 4222 where the AMC playmakers actually start from the WF positions but instead of moving down the line they look to come inside on the ball (as we see Cazorla do in our current shape), to link with the CMs and provide the ammunition for the STs, whilst at the same time providing the opportunity for the FBs to overlap to turn the defence.

Sanchez - Walcott
Cazorla >>>>>>>> <<<<<<<< Özil
Rambo - XXX

Gibbs Kos - BFG XXX
Szczesny

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Added Debuchy to the squad.

GK, CB, CM, ST to go. 8))

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
expecting 2 more signings and that's it GK and CM i expecting. Signing striker would be welcome but can't see it and CB signing depends on Vermaelen. Isaac Hayden will be the 4th center back in the squad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah GK and CM are certainties, we'll get a CB as well because Vermaelen is definitely gone IMO, ideally we'll bring two CB's in when he goes but that ain't happening. Doubt we'll get a ST like you say but you never know.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
THunter said:
Added Debuchy to the squad.

GK, CB, CM, ST to go. 8))

Imagine that.

Sign such players of decent to good quality, with a revitalised fitness team and regime and we could surprise.

It seems as though Wenger wants to prepare the club for when he is no more.

Edit: Of course, we need Wenger to focus on tactics as well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs' former agent reckons there's a big one coming soon.

EDIT:

Retweeted by Culann Davies
Jeff Weston @jeffnorthlondon · 46m

“@AFCvTheEnemy: @jeffnorthlondon do you think this other huge one will be done?” Yes :)
View conversation

Replied to 0 times

Jeff Weston @jeffnorthlondon · 46m

I can't say who the huge 1 for #Arsenal is, but its not 1 being worked on, it's 1 that we'll sign #options #choices we're a #bigclub

Replied to 0 times

Jeff Weston @jeffnorthlondon · 53m

Sanchez DONE, Debuchy DONE for #Arsenal - 1 huge 1st team signing still being worked & then it's squad additions #InArseneWeTrust #happy

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would we be happier with a class DM or class CF?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So from Gibbs Agent saying there will be 2 more signings? 1 big and 1 squad. well we all know going to be quality defensive midfielder and backup GK ;).

I really hope we Complete these deals before our game against Man City.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom