• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Start, Bench or Sell

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I have a good one:

Saka
Messi (right now)
Mahrez (Leicester title winning season)

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Tough one as I liked all three players and rate them all very highly. Personal preference for me would be:

Rivaldo
Raul
Batistuta

Rivaldo did dent his reputation with that sh*thousery against Turkey in the WC tho.

I liked Rivaldo as a player BUT what made it easy to put him number 2 is I think he has been put in the wrong comparison of players, you got Raul and Batistuta two poachers of strikers then Rivaldo who wasnt that, completely different positions/players and I saw it mainly as a CF position.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Start One, Bench one, Sell one of Fabregas, Øzil, Ødegaard
For me, Start Fabregas, Bench Ødegaard, Sell Özil

If it’s based on Ødegaard’s career thus far vs the other two then I would start/bench Özil/Cesc and I’d be selling Ødegaard.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
As it is the dreaded International Friendlies period. Kane, Rooney and Shearer. All at their primes and all vying for the CF position in the current England squad.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As it is the dreaded International Friendlies period. Kane, Rooney and Shearer. All at their primes and all vying for the CF position in the current England squad.

Easy one despite all 3 obviously very good.

Start Shearer
Bench Rooney
Sell Kane

Start bench and sell out of Boban, De La Pena and Rui Costa?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If you're looking at straight goalscorer, Shearer for sure. He may be the best out and out finisher in the history of the PL.

Rooney and Kane have so much more to their game than Shearer though, so it's a tough one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
smoke Chamakh in a shisha lounge

giphy.gif

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Bench Pirlo
Start Modric
Sell Xavi

Modric maybe the best midfielder of the last 30 years.
That's interesting. Longevity wise, Pirlo and Modric are up there with the best ever, but Xavi was also magical (although a giant d-bag).

Imo, this trio is one of the toughest to make a choice for start, bench or sell.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Longevity probably Modric. Highest peak Xavi, central player to the greatest ever club side, a treble and CL + league double, a WC and two Euros. Not a final ball merchant and to this day still holds the assist record in a season with 35 or something ridiculous.

Pirlo actually not far off Modric longevity wise if at all, won trophies in three decades. Top player in the 90s and mid 2010s.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Longevity probably Modric. Highest peak Xavi, central player to the greatest ever club side, a treble and CL + league double, a WC and two Euros. Not a final ball merchant and to this day still holds the assist record in a season with 35 or something ridiculous.

Pirlo actually not far off Modric longevity wise if at all, won trophies in three decades. Top player in the 90s and mid 2010s.

Pirlo and Modric for me are a level above Xavi who suffers from the goat Barca tax. They also have much better long ball delivery and in the case of Pirlo elite dead ball delivery.

@GDeep™ has it spot on I think.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Pirlo and Modric for me are a level above Xavi who suffers from the goat Barca tax. They also have much better long ball delivery and in the case of Pirlo elite dead ball delivery.

@GDeep™ has it spot on I think.
Barca tax is something that was levelled against Xavi Iniesta Busquets Messi even in the past. Not buying it, their system played to their strengths but you wouldn't say Modric benefited from Madrid tax of having the greatest team mates either

Imo Xavi between 2008 and 2012 had the highest level of any midfielder ever. I mentioned that insanely productive 2009 season but his biggest strength was controlling a games pace, accelerating with a ball through the lines, decelerating with his turns etc and he was a full level above the other two in that respect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tough doing different generations. Start Rooney, Bench Shearer and sell Kane.

Rooney could do EVERYTHING. In this era, him and Shearer would score every game.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom