• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The AM EUROS Draft Sign-Up and Discussion Thread

Hello everyone,

The picks

Now we've finally finished with the CL draft (congrats again @A_G) and with the Euros only two months away I think it's the perfect time for the chaos and mayhem that only an annual Arsenal-Mania draft can provide.

I was very happy with the results from the simming even if it took a little bit longer to write up than planned... so largely we'll keep the structure the same. This time round I feel like we can make some changes to reflect which players had good tournaments and which flopped. Although all of that will be revealed...

For now though I'd like to get an idea of numbers so if you would like to play now's your time to sign up before we get the ball rolling on the weekend! Eight teams ideally but we can expand based on numbers without any problem so comment below if you'd like in.

Rules to follow in the next few days...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will you make another Goodbye thread or continue with the original one!?

I am going to move to England, become homeless and just live in a bin as near as Highbury as possible...be super nostalgic until I die, which hopefully won't be too long 🥲

PS... refuse to try and live in one of the Highbury flats, as that depresses me with what our great stadium is now...just want to constantly gaze at the beautiful stand from the outside!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I am going to move to England, become homeless and just live in a bin as near as Highbury as possible...be super nostalgic until I die, which hopefully won't be too long 🥲

PS... refuse to try and live in one of the Highbury flats, as that depresses me with what our great stadium is now...just want to constantly gaze at the beautiful stand from the outside!

I don't know about you guys but it sounds like poor @Riou needs some cheering up...

So as I made the rules for this game I'm going to offer him a one-off opportunity to bin Zinchenko and replace him with one of three players... not only that but these three options are all Arsenal related AND can even free him from the shackles of one player per country!

1713192934912.png

So @Riou

Behind door one... a super talented winger who made plenty of appearances for the Gunners including HUGE goals in the Champions League. Great to see him "flying" down the wing. Sure he left us for a team who has inflicted an all time painful Champions League defeat but noboy's perfect.

Behind door two... a rock of a center back who excelled playing in Germany for Bremen and internationally before bringing his experienced calm over to the carpet.

Behind door three... a titan of a French right back. He may have played for another English team but we won't mention that. Unlucky not to win more trophies during his time in England but he did win an FA Cup with us at least.

There you go @Riou three Arsenal legends! Make your selection now!

Last edited:

Riou

I don't know about you guys but it sounds like poor @Riou needs some cheering up...

So as I made the rules for this game I'm going to offer him a one-off opportunity to bin Zinchenko and replace him with one of three players... not only that but these three options are all Arsenal related AND can even free him from the shackles of one player per country!

View attachment 23506

So @Riou

Behind door one... a super talented winger who made plenty of appearances for the Gunners including a HUGE goal in the Champions League round. Great to see him "flying" down the wing.

Behind door two... a rock of a center back who excelled playing in Germany and internationally before bringing his experienced calm over to the carpet.

Behind door three... a titan of a French right back. He may have played for another English team but we won't mention that. Unlucky not to win more trophies during his time in England but he did win an FA Cup with us at least.

So @Riou three Arsenal legends! Make your selection now!

What we thinking here @Sanchez11 ?

Cause I want Zinchenko gone!

I feel like winger could be best, tbh.

Riou

Is this your final answer?

I don't want to leave Sanchez out of a decision, but I am pretty sure he hates Zinchenko too (and my randomiser actually turned out well somehow lol)

We don't need a CB, think Sagna at door 3 would be nice...but **** it we need a wide man, gimme the winger!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't want to leave Sanchez out of a decision, but I am pretty sure he hates Zinchenko too (and my randomiser actually turned out well somehow lol)

We don't need a CB, think Sagna at door 3 would be nice...but **** it we need a wide man, gimme the winger!

Its gotta be a cb

@Riou has a point... with Djukic in reserve you're not looking to shabby

Riou

Its gotta be a cb

But we already have 2 elite CBs, plus Dukic is actually a great backup luckily enough.

While we are kinda missing a starting winger, when you look at the team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ok then so with @Riou and @Sanchez11 both in agreement let's open up and see who's behind door number one...

Well this rapid winger left us for a great manager on a team in the ascendency. Could never hit the same heights for them as injuries really started to ravage what was a promising career. He's delivered on the international stage against Brazil...

It's Marc...

1713194542684.png

Oh wait no it's not!!

1713194384835.png

It's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - England - 2012

I couldn't give you guys a wrong'un like Overmars... we already have Gylfi in the game ffs!

Riou

It's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - England - 2012

tenor.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So with AOC (not that one) off the board let's see who you could've had...

So that centre back rock who excelled in the Bundesliga for Bremen before making his way over to us in the latter half of his career.

Why of course it's...

Per...

1713194814508.png

Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Greece - Euro 2012

And you had guessed correctly on the French right back. You and @Sanchez11 will be kicking yourselves for missing out on him. An FA Cup winner with us but it should've been so much more...

It's Bacary...

1713194947536.png

Mathieu Debuchy - France - Euro 2012

Anyway whilst Zinny has been dumped more brutally than any girl ever could and is now free to enlist for Ukraine, a big opportunity calls for young Alex who can't wait to try out the Sanchriou physio room!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Thought it would’ve been Mustafi

Unfortunately Shkod "the God" Mustafi wasn't eligible for this game. Also wasn't able to excel as a young pup at Bremen like both Sokratis and Per had been able to alas.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom