• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vibra

Established Member
If West Ham almost signed the old Neymar, surely we can sign the new Neymar, there's bound to be one in Brazil

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There's a whole market full of young South American attackers to be honest. Colombian striker Marlos Moreno is another one to look out for. There's a Paraguayan teenage forward called Sergio Diaz who also looks very talented.

The only way to circumvent the work permit is to offer £10m+. Gabriel Jesus will probably command a very high fee (Juve seem to be quite close to signing him). There's the other guy aswell, Henrique I think his name is - we were linked with him too. I'm sure Wenger is keeping a keen eye on the South American market.

It's a crapshoot who our striker target is.

Jack the lad

If we could get one of Morata/Sturridge/Higuain and one of Mussachio/Manolas/Benatia/Koulibaly before preseason we would be in such a good shape. Then we could lurk for opportunities like Fekir/Mhkartian/Götze if we could manage to sell Theo/ox.

Dynamic

If we could get one of Morata/Sturridge/Higuain and one of Mussachio/Manolas/Benatia/Koulibaly before preseason we would be in such a good shape. Then we could lurk for opportunities like Fekir/Mhkartian/Götze if we could manage to sell Theo/ox.

Beware of becoming too excited. It's Wenger after all.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Simeone has a year left on his contract..It could all work out so perfectly. Wenger retires next year, Simeone takes over.

It has to be, Lord let it happen.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Simeone has a year left on his contract..It could all work out so perfectly. Wenger retires next year, Simeone takes over.

It has to be, Lord let it happen.

I know this is the wishlist and I would love that to happen aswell, but aren't AM moving into their new stadium this time next year?

atleticonuevo3.jpg

atleticonuevo1.jpg

http://www.stadiumguide.com/nuevoestadioatleticomadrid/

Combine the stadium move with his on field success, La Liga's new TV deal being distributed like the EPL (ie Less money goes to Real and Barca) and finally the fact that he played their and I just don't see him going anywhere/especially not coming here.

We literally have nothing to offer him besides Wenger's high ass wages.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Wenger wins the league and FA cup this coming season then retires on a high note and we get Simeone or Emery to come in and take over. After this we go on to become a powerhouse in Europe :)

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I know this is the wishlist and I would love that to happen aswell, but aren't AM moving into their new stadium this time next year?

atleticonuevo3.jpg

atleticonuevo1.jpg

http://www.stadiumguide.com/nuevoestadioatleticomadrid/

Combine the stadium move with his on field success, La Liga's new TV deal being distributed like the EPL (ie Less money goes to Real and Barca) and finally the fact that he played their and I just don't see him going anywhere/especially not coming here.

We literally have nothing to offer him besides Wenger's high ass wages.
Hmmm..wages, Alexis, Xhaka, London? Brighton pier?

We'll figure something out. Surprised he and the club have left it to a stage where he's only got one year remaining on his contract. If he's that dead set on staying, why hasn't he extended already? Me just being hopeful I suppose.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Top of my head new wishlist.

Cech
Bellerin Koulibaly Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka
Ramsey Cazorla
Özil
Mahrez Alexis
Second team.

Ospina
Chambers Mertesacker Gabriel Gibbs
Coquelin Elneny
Walcott Wilshere Chamberlain
Giroud
I decided in this scenario to keep Walcott as we'd lack striker options if we went down the route of playing Mahrez and Alexis as a duo in a 4-4-2 diamond.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Cech
Xhaka
Ramsey Cazorla
Özil
Mahrez Alexis
Second team.

Ospina
Coquelin Elneny
Giroud
I decided in this scenario to keep Walcott as we'd lack striker options if we went down the route of playing Mahrez and Alexis as a duo in a 4-4-2 diamond.

I really like the look of this team! The diamond 4-4-2 is the way forward for us. It give us the best options to suit all our players IMO.

N

NotAUserName

Cech
Xhaka
Ramsey Cazorla
Özil
Mahrez Alexis
Second team.

Ospina
Coquelin Elneny
Giroud
Wouldn't someone who is excellent at holding-up play be a better partner for Alexis instead of Mahrez?

Hyper D

Reckon I would pay the £45 million fee for John Stones. Lad has it all to be an Arsenal defender.
Would take Laporte for 40M over Stones any day of the week if we're looking for young hotshots. Even Rugani, but you'd feel he'll be harder to prize away from Juve.

Stones is just the latest hyped up flavor of the month English talent.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I believe Mahrez's "hold up play" is as good as the majority of strikers that we've been linked with or has been suggested on here. For example I think he probably has as good of "hold up play" as someone like Sturridge has. Doesn't lose the ball an awful lot, it'd be a slightly new role for him for sure but I think the type of player he is could form a good partnership with someone like Alexis.

Impact

Established Member
Stones is just the latest hyped up flavor of the month English talent.

Think this type of comment is symptomatic of the counter-narrative that opposes the media but in itself is stoked by the media.

Stones is a very good one-to-one defender, has good recovery pace, a strong mentality and has excellent good ball-carrying and distributing skills. You can't hype that up.

N

NotAUserName

I guess I have my doubts because they're both kind of similar, like to have the ball, trying to take on the opponent, with neither being particularly good in the air. I don't know if such striking duos are common or even very effective. Even Leicester used Okazaki instead of Mahrez to pair with Vardy.

I really wouldn't mind giving Sanchez a go at striker if we didn't buy anyone but if we're going to use him with someone else then I'd rather be it Giroud than someone like Mahrez.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Stones will improve once he leaves Everton, lad is desperate to get out that club, he can't give his all. I reckon Pep will take him to Citeh this summer, we'll see him flourish next to Kompany. I'd take him here but for the sake of England I'd love to see him play well.

Best ball playing CB since Ferdinand.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom