• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They actually watch things like this and say they’ll prefer Martinelli.

It’s absolutely baffling 😂 there has to be a compromise to fit a player like him into this system if we want to win the CL imo. It’s all good having a bunch of duel monsters in the PL but the latter stages of the CL needs game changing quality.

StefanB

Leao has a super high ceiling, but he also drops stinkers regularly. People who dislike Partey for his lows will absolutely hate Leao for it. And he's even less enthusiastic about pressing the ball than Rashford.

There's absolutely a potential world class player in Leao, but he lacks a bit of passion and ambition to improve, plus he does not fit the way Arteta wants his team to play. Leao is also comfortable at Milan, and has clearly said he doesn't want to move. He might move in 2-3 years to PSG when they offer silly money.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is 🥶 @Trilly @jones

If we’re serious about winning the CL then he should be our number one priority.

We need to get this guy, he improves us in so many ways. He can play like Saka when we have the ball which will reduce our reliance on the right hand side, but is also a transition demon which gives the team something I currently doesn’t have.

Leao Havertz Saka is a proper front three.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Mmm Leao would be one of the names that gives me game changer vibes.

Interestingly Leao has a £150M release clause, this clause can only be triggered over a 10 day period (5th July - 15th July). And that clause is valid for the entire contract that ends in 2028.

The clause is payable in multiple instalments as well. Look if we’re wanting just 1 or 2 pieces and the player is willing then just activate that release clause.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We’ve got a lot of players that are at the level that basically guarantee us being in a title race.

Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Saliba, Gabriel, White ect. These guys are world class players in my book (would get in any squad in the world), but we lack that truly elite player that takes you to the biggest prizes. It’s hard as their aren’t many players like that about.

I’d say Haaland, KDB, Vini, Bellingham, Mbappe, Kane (lol) are the only guys at that level at the moment.

I don’t see any of our players breaking into that group, so we need to divert all resources into getting the guy that could break in there.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We’ve got a lot of players that are at the level that basically guarantee us being in a title race.

Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Saliba, Gabriel, White ect. These guys are world class players in my book (would get in any squad in the world), but we lack that truly elite player that takes you to the biggest prizes. It’s hard as their aren’t many players like that about.

I’d say Haaland, KDB, Vini, Bellingham, Mbappe, Kane (lol) are the only guys at that level at the moment.

I don’t see any of our players breaking into that group, so we need to divert all resources into getting the guy that could break into that group.
What players would you say could break into that group? Who do you want?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What players would you say could break into that group? Who do you want?

I want Leao for the left wing who I think has the ability to be that player, and then I want De Jong for the midfield to replace what Partey/Jorginho give us, adding to the current group of world class players we’ve already got.

I’d sanction a lot of sales to try and make that a reality.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

You could argue that -

Musiala
Wirtz
Leao
Isak
Barella
Rashford (if he gets his attitude into gear)

Offer what we need in star quality. Every player has a price and we need to be bold and splurge on a huge forward, it’s something we haven’t done since Mikel has got here.

Ripe Banana

Leao has a super high ceiling, but he also drops stinkers regularly. People who dislike Partey for his lows will absolutely hate Leao for it. And he's even less enthusiastic about pressing the ball than Rashford.

There's absolutely a potential world class player in Leao, but he lacks a bit of passion and ambition to improve, plus he does not fit the way Arteta wants his team to play. Leao is also comfortable at Milan, and has clearly said he doesn't want to move. He might move in 2-3 years to PSG when they offer silly money.
People that constantly name drop Leao don't watch him play the full 90 mins regularly. They watch highlights and compilations showing the 2% were he wasn't absolutely ****. Even Ac Milan fans are enthusiastic about him.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
People that constantly name drop Leao don't watch him play the full 90 mins regularly. They watch highlights and compilations showing the 2% were he wasn't absolutely ****. Even Ac Milan fans are enthusiastic about him.
Couldn’t agree more. These people never watch him play but keep on saying he is this & that

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You could argue that -

Musiala
Wirtz
Leao
Isak
Barella
Rashford (if he gets his attitude into gear)

Offer what we need in star quality. Every player has a price and we need to be bold and splurge on a huge forward, it’s something we haven’t done since Mikel has got here.

Rashford would give us the transition threat we currently don’t have, but not sure about him when we have the ball, which is against the majority of teams. All things considered he’d be a slight Martinelli upgrade imo.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom