• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

lomekian

Essays are my thing
That handball looked both accidental but also what propelled the ball towards his own goal, so the refs got the call right.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm for VAR.

People forget just how bad the officiating had got leading to VAR.

VAR has improved however there's still human error happening from the same officials making mistakes.

I agree with Wenger's idea that the VAR should be run by an independent governing body from the FA and not the same officials that officiate in person.

Bucephalus

I'd honestly rather hear the on-field referee's rationale/lack thereof. "Reviewing for penalty, referee says no foul, defender got the ball." "Reviewing for penalty, referee says no foul, no contact." Even "reviewing for goal, potential shirt tug on goalkeeper unseen.by referee." Clear and obvious error becomes a much more objective and understandable standard if we know what the referee saw/thought he saw/didn't see.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anthony Taylor today...

giphy.gif

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I'd honestly rather hear the on-field referee's rationale/lack thereof. "Reviewing for penalty, referee says no foul, defender got the ball." "Reviewing for penalty, referee says no foul, no contact." Even "reviewing for goal, potential shirt tug on goalkeeper unseen.by referee." Clear and obvious error becomes a much more objective and understandable standard if we know what the referee saw/thought he saw/didn't see.

We already hear that and didn't achieve much, that's why they have to dumb it down to the fans

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
We got lucky today in terms of ref decisions, Gabriel probably should’ve gotten a second yellow.
Mac Allister on Havertz wasn’t a pen.

jake

We got lucky today in terms of ref decisions, Gabriel probably should’ve gotten a second yellow.

Macallister on Havertz is a situation so borderline that even var played it a couple of times. Had the referee blowed for penalty the var review has been fast for penalty stands.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Come of it. How were we lucky. Mac Allister on Havertz was very close call as Mac Allister actually makes contact with Havertz before he makes contact with the ball.

So you think it is too soft to give that as a foul but don't think giving Gabriel a yellow for the Nunez challenge is ok. Nevermind the first yellow Gabriel got for barely touching Gakpo. Getting send off by getting 2 yellows for 2 very soft fouls is called being unlucky not lucky.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Come of it. How were we lucky. Mac Allister on Havertz was very close call as Mac Allister actually makes contact with Havertz before he makes contact with the ball.

So you think it is too soft to give that as a foul but don't think giving Gabriel a yellow for the Nunez challenge is ok. Nevermind the first yellow Gabriel got for barely touching Gakpo. Getting send off by getting 2 yellows for 2 very soft fouls is called being unlucky not lucky.

Because Gabriel on Nunez was the same as Konate on Havertz, we were lucky that wasn’t a second yellow. No I don’t think it’s a pen.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Genuinely awful, that's it for me...VAR has pushed me, blue cards is what will finish me off.

For my whole time of football this has been the convo... "We need a card between red and yellow, an orange card for certain fouls"... so of course they call them blue cards, they can't even get the terrible name right ffs!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I"m sorry but this seems like an awful idea as it just gives the ****ing refs one more way to ruin everything. Can already tell it will be used against players with "a reputation" more than anything else.
Arteta getting rid of Xhaka before they could do this to him 4 times a game:

Albert Einstein Vintage GIF by US National Archives

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
In all seriousness, the game is gone. This is so stupid and it's a travesty that it has even gotten to the trial phase. It's not hockey, it's football. Referee whims already ruin the game to an extent, this would magnify it. I genuinely don't understand the decision making here. The game has never been more popular than it is now, there is no reason to do something so ridiculous and I hope that we can all make our voices heard and be clear that we won't tolerate this ruining the game.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom