• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
With one more year on his deal we should just wait to see how he starts the next season and whether he can stay fit. Can always offer an extension in january or end of season. And if he wants a move or is constantly injured again we can just let him go on a free and he’ll have given us his best years (albeit crippled by injuries)

With Rice, Partey, Jorgi here I’d rather see us go for a proper ‘8’..
Think Athletico defo got his best years bro.
We unfortunately haven't had a single season injury free from TP.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I would rather we sell, if he stays it makes it hard to bring anyone in according to Ornstein.

We can't keep relying on him for a full season and if he stays here in order to run down his contract there's always the chance we offer him an extension and I would hate for that to happen given yellow box reasons.

Goonger

We all have our opinions on who we keep and sell, but we don't know our budget, we don't know our targets and how much they'll cost, we don't know to what extent we have interest in our players.

I think in an ideal world where we don't have to consider those things, then we sign 2 midfielders this summer and move on from Partey. However, because of the above, I wouldn't be against keeping Jorginho and Partey for another season, as long as both are happy with that, and just signing 1 midfielder.

I don't want a summer of drastic change in terms of players coming in, I don't want to disrupt the team and squad too much, because we need to start next season strong and pressure City from the off. We can't afford slip ups like drawing with Fulham at home as every result is so important in this league.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Shaartey has been class recently. Needs to start at Old Trafford, better not see Jorginho.

I saw it differently.

Good for transition moments, but sloppy as hell. A source of turnovers for the opposition.

I think if the game state is not in our favour, then its good to have him on. But if we want security in possession, I'd prefer Jorginho.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
I saw it differently.

Good for transition moments, but sloppy as hell. A source of turnovers for the opposition.

I think if the game state is not in our favour, then its good to have him on. But if we want security in possession, I'd prefer Jorginho.

I'd prefer Rice playing with a bit more freedom and not worrying about Jorginho up against Mainoo. Why change a winning formula in midfield, you saw Ødegaard being fed by Partey, Ødegaard floating around the 10 position and not being confined to RHS.

United are vulnerable, we should take advantage.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I saw it differently.

Security in possession means nothing if your 6 can’t win any duels like Jorginho. Partey is much better player and Arteta starting him vs Bayern away is crazy decision

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd prefer Rice playing with a bit more freedom and not worrying about Jorginho up against Mainoo. Why change a winning formula in midfield, you saw Ødegaard being fed by Partey, Ødegaard floating around the 10 position and not being confined to RHS.

I see your point, and its a good one.

Necessary risk at Old Trafford, particularly if we get the game into our favour early on.

One thing's for sure, its going to be a difficult game.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Loved the whole stadium screaming “he’s behind you!!” when it looked like he was going to have the ball nicked off him. Great assist from “The Worst Fanbase In The World” (tm)

7/10 for uncle Thomas today, not too shabby for a 40 year old.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good he growing each game even tho I feel when he gets tired the midfield get easily overrun because he leave much space.

Henry boi

He's so surgical in how plays, he kills you slowly, so subtle yet brilliant, he's one of the kind. Probably one of the most talented footballers we've seen at the club. Such a shame that they are other things that maybe over shadows that especially he's injury record.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Hopefully we will keep Partey and he can stay fit next season. he is a vital player when fit tbf.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He's so surgical in how plays, he kills you slowly, so subtle yet brilliant, he's one of the kind. Probably one of the most talented footballers we've seen at the club. Such a shame that they are other things that maybe over shadows that especially he's injury record.
It’s really not his injury record that overshadows that if we’re being honest.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I thought his contract expired this summer. No brainer if its next. He stays fit and in form you try to extend. Otherwise he leaves next summer on a free. You don’t let him go now. His value is low after being injured most of the season. What you gain financially is so little compared to what you gain if he’s fit.

His fitness is all I have against him if he puts it together and stays fit he’s a unicorn. Can defend and intercept. Can turn under pressure. Plays it forward. Is mobile enough to play high pressure and get back to defend.

I understand the sentiment but you can’t find a player like him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Why? The rest of the post was spot on but the bolded is laughable.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mission failed, I'll get Partey next time 👍

uLtCbq.gif

836mft.gif

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom