• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v Basel | 28th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'd go with Saturday's team, with Xhaka in for Coquelin and Ospina in for Cech.

The draw in Paris was a fantastic result, still not quite sure how we got a point (cheers Cavani.) We need 3 points here, no more ****ing about in the group. Get the game won then give half an hour (if possible) to Perez, Ox and Elneny.

nicky47

Established Member
Ofcourse its risky changing a team thats getting results, but I'd like to see some rotation. In my opinion we can rotate a couple players in and still have a very strong team! Enough to win.

Obviously I don't want us to underestimate Basel though. But Ospina, Gibbs, Xhaka, Elneny, Ox and Perez could all have a chance of starting I think... Perez is the main one I want to see though. I'd like to see more of him, especially with Alexis and Özil around him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You reckon he'll start Perez ahead of Giroud? Giroud needs some serious game time. I'm sure Elneny will play now that Le Coq is down with a dodgy knee. Will Santi play?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm not sure he'll be keeping the exact same team, players like Ospina and Ox will definitely be on the team sheet imo. It's the Wenger way.

Cazorla and Elneny each have a good shout though to me, Perez and Giroud as well.
The Ox is guaranteed anything at the moment but I'm sure he'll rotate some for this game. We can't take this game lightly and hopefully, the team will come out serious and get the job done in a professional manner.

Fogl

I really wonder if AW sends Elneny against his former club.

Imo if I was in Elneny's shoes i would probably want to play against my former teammates.

But we will see, in the end it's Wenger's call anyway, not Elneny's choice.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Basel's record in their league so far this season is no joke, even of it isn't as competitive as the PL.

They've won all 9 of their games.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Just remembered that Giroud was red-carded vs PSG... so it's pretty much guaranteed Perez is starting.

slide

Don't think we will see massive amounts of rotation for this, it's an important CL game and must be treated as such. I think Ospina will come in for Cech, Xhaka to fill the vacant midfield slot and perhaps Perez for one of Iwobi or Walcott.

Finesse

I expect Elnenny to start. A few changes may come in too. Maybe Gibbs..Arsène will like to keep momentum and win the home games. No big gambles.

Bergkamp120

Basel's record this season: 9 played, 9 wins, 29 goals scored and 7 conceded (goal difference of 22, the second highest in the league is 4). They're already 13 points ahead of second place.

I'm not sure if this is because the rest of their league is just abysmal or they're really good. Either way, I don't think this is going to be an easy.

Roma loaned them Doumbia and he's scoring a lot of goals it seems.

cannonade

Established Member
Our regular starting 11 is obvious. Question is if Wenger will rotate anywhere besides Ospina. Elneny, so Santi's not run into the ground? Gibbs is playing well. Lucas for Theo is tempting, but Theo's on fire so I kind of think he'll stick. Should be a good game. whoever plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom