• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Finals 2nd Leg (April 16 & 17)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He talks like someone who's been told or is under the impression that he is going to be given quite a few years to get it right. But football doesn't work like that, where more time equals inevitable success.
What's annoying about him is that there is an elite manager in there somewhere. For example, what he did to Liverpool and City this season was remarkable. but then it's undone by the disgusting performances against Fulham and Villa. He definitely did grow in some areas this season. Rotating against Luton felt like a turning point for him and then for him to go out and make that dreadful team selection against Villa, lose exactly the same way we lost beforehand and it then end like it did today is just so irritating because it feels like a false dawn. It's just like how Gabby XL looked like he had turned a real corner and now the last 3 matches is back to doing stupid things. This team can fool you into thinking they've taken a concrete step and then stumble out of nowhere for no reason.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I was surprised to see Ederson take a penalty. Pretty impressive. I wonder why Doku didn't take one

Batman

I was surprised to see Ederson take a penalty. Pretty impressive. I wonder why Doku didn't take one
You always go with the 5 most confident players to start a PL shootout. Ederson really backs himself. Doku could have been tired or nervous and if that's the case, it's better to let someone who will take one with conviction do it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
What's annoying about him is that there is an elite manager in there somewhere. For example, what he did to Liverpool and City this season was remarkable. but then it's undone by the disgusting performances against Fulham and Villa. He definitely did grow in some areas this season. Rotating against Luton felt like a turning point for him and then for him to go out and make that dreadful team selection against Villa, lose exactly the same way we lost beforehand and it then end like it did today is just so irritating because it feels like a false dawn. It's just like how Gabby XL looked like he had turned a real corner and now the last 3 matches is back to doing stupid things. This team can fool you into thinking they've taken a concrete step and then stumble out of nowhere for no reason.
Yup, I remember saying on this very thread after the City game that he is an elite forward away from pissing the league but I could never have imagined such bipolar Emery-esque brainwave moment against Villa. I just feel he needs a stronger, more experienced head as his number two, who will protect him from his evil alter ego. Airpod Albert doesn't seem to have that personality and Cuesta is practically a baby.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Pep said pre-Haaland that Ederson was their best penalty taker when Jesus and KDB kept missing them lol.

I think if it didn’t give the opposition an immediate counter opportunity from a miss then he’d probably take more.

Diesel

There is a soft element in the attack. Let's see how they come back from the off-season. Martinelli has been found out cuz he came back the same player. Easy to defend the chaotic guy because they rely too much on that energy. If the game is more controlled and less Helter skelter then he looks like eboue with his touches.

We desperately need a clinical player upfront. Preferably one who the ref doesn't hold the whistle for.

Batman

Yup, I remember saying on this very thread after the City game that he is an elite forward away from pissing the league but I could never have imagined such bipolar Emery-esque brainwave moment against Villa. I just feel he needs a stronger, more experienced head as his number two, who will protect him from his evil alter ego. Airpod Albert doesn't seem to have that personality and Cuesta is practically a baby.
Yes, that might be a shout, an older more experienced number 2 to challenge him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Madrid v Dortmund would be a proper Champions League final, tbh...take me back to my youth when football was wonderful.

Casillas v Lehmann, Ronaldo v Koller, Zidane v Rosicky...would love that!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
A-M thought Don Carlo is an outdated manager.

The biggest mistake we've made not getting him when he was available back then.
With the massive backing we've had from Kroenke since Dec 2019 (when Carlo was ignored), I am sure we'd have a title so far and maybe even one of the Cups.

Also: pinging @Farzad Stoned just for the bantz :lol:
No way Don Carlo would trust Holding in a title race or start a year with him as effectively our 3rd CB. Tomy was basically the entire bench. We would already be league champions and would have dissected this sorry version of Munich. But hey we got a dog out of that season counts for something i suppose

Diesel

We don't even have a Liverpool Mane level player in the final third let alone a salah. Until that's solved. This is all conjecture.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Real Madrid was getting spanked they faced 34 goal attempts! they dont deserve to be at the semi final.

GLITCH

The PL is definitely overrated. That's not to say it isn't entertaining or lacks quality, but we look down on other leagues with quality teams that don't have the kind of money that's pumped into the PL.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Kobe Bryant GIF

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom