• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Semi-Final 1st Leg: Villarreal v Arsenal | Thursday, April 29 | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki

That miracle isn't happening so let's hope for a win. We win 3-1 away and put them to the sword proper at home. I can feel it in my old knees! Arteta comes good and we win the EL. In the summer Sweden goes on an unsuspected run in the Euros becoming the second Scandinavian winner following our Danish brothers. The Dubai WC is moved, Kroenke folds and sells. PL goes with 50+1 rule. :drool:
Love it!

GoonerJay24

Who has actually watched Villa play this season? I haven't.
Can someone tell us how they are to play against.
I watched them a couple of times. Their team worked hard but lost both matches; I noticed they left lots of spaces to the opponent's.

If Arteta sets us up correctly, motivates the team and Partey has a good game we can win this. The key is overwhelming them with our quality and movement in the final third.

I'm unsure whose fit for this match so it's difficult knowing who should start, Tierney of course is a massive loss as is Lacazette in r hiecent form.

Leno
Chambers Holding Mari Cedric
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Pepe
Martinelli

I really like Smith-Rowe but feel we need some experience up front thus I'd opt for Pepe who needs consecutive matches to capture his best form.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
And it's coming from mainly people who only speak one language. Anyone with any knowledge in the world knows that in Spanish the V and B are said basically the same.
They are not. That is a myth to make foreigners feel better when they are learning. Try saying Varcelona and Balencia.

Don't know why people are so excited about this. If we get through we will lose the final against whichever team qualifies from the other semi.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was a dreadful penalty. I'm not knocking the save though. He went the right way. Kept his record in tact of not conceding a goal in the knockout stages that season. And of course he didn't concede in the final either :lol:

European goalkeeper of the year that season, Leno could never!

Do you remember Jen's save from Raul at Highbury?

Though he miss hit it, was still great reactions from Lehmann...think that random guy from Thun, was the only player to score against him that tournament :lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Though he miss hit it, was still great reactions from Lehmann...think that random guy from Thun, was the only player to score against him that tournament :lol:
Lehmann gave him the eye big time, the guy was terrified he was going to miss and he missed.

I saw this game in a bar in Venice *sigh* those were the days indeed.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Aye, the one after Raul hit the post? Man was 37 years old and was up off the ground in a flash to tip it away.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They are not. That is a myth to make foreigners feel better when they are learning. Try saying Varcelona and Balencia.

Don't know why people are so excited about this. If we get through we will lose the final against whichever team qualifies from the other semi.
I live in Spain and speak Spanish. I think I am more qualified than you. It's the very reason why kids get confused with how to write vaca (cow). Some put baca. I'm sure native Spanish supporters here will back me up. It's why OK in Spanish (vale) is said bale (and not like the footballer)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ve followed Villarreal over past couple of seasons. Mainly because of Santi (last season) and because one of Nigeria’s bright exports plays for them.
If Chukwueze starts, I strongly hope we don’t play Xhaka on the left.

What have you made of Chukwueze? I expected him to take the step up a couple of years ago.

Remember him absolutely barbecuing Sevilla and thinking he was going to be insane but he’s so inconsistent still.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I live in Spain and speak Spanish. I think I am more qualified than you. It's the very reason why kids get confused with how to write vaca (cow). Some put baca. I'm sure native Spanish supporters here will back me up. It's why OK in Spanish (vale) is said bale (and not like the footballer)
I am bilingual in Spanish and English from when I could first speak so perhaps you are not more qualified than me. It is not a huge difference in pronunciation but it is distinct and no Spanish speaker will confuse them.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I am bilingual in Spanish and English from when I could first speak so perhaps you are not more qualified than me. It is not a huge difference in pronunciation but it is distinct and no Spanish speaker will confuse them.
So you say Vale the same way you would say vaccine? With a clear V sound? You say Baca cow like Vaca like the sound of Vacum?

There are times when the v is said. Like in por favor. But very rarely.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Villarreal aren't resting anyone today, thought they might since they're unlikely to beat Barca anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom