• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was always a gamble to rotate but it had to be done with 4 games in 11 days. If there was one game where you might be able to get away with a weakened team, it was today rather than Wolves/Leicester away or Valencia. Crap performance but without a Mustafi howler and a horrible penalty decision on Wan-Bissaka he might've got away with it.

As garbage as Elneny and Jenks are I can live with the rotation, I just still don’t understand why we went 5 at the back with Mustafi as a CB.

That’s a major error, either you play just Kos and Mavrapanos in the middle with Mustafi at RB or you drop him from the line up altogether.

We’ve done ok hiding him as a limited RB with cover from midfield. The run in isn’t the place for gambling like he’s done today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'll preface by saying I don't have any agenda. I'm not someone blaming Emery just to be a hipster d!pshit and I won't blame Wenger because frankly he's long gone now and every manager will "inheret" the previous manager's faults in the squad.

Can someone let me know, did AMN have an injury? I know Torreira was coming back but having already seen the absolute misery of El-Douzy, he needed to start.

We already know we struggle against Zaha. Palace are better away from home, on top of that we needed to win to take a decisive lead in the top 4 race.

And like the Everton game it feels like Emery is playing smart *ss with the line up.

We start AMN and Torreira instead of Jenko and Elsideways and I honestly believe we cut out atleast the first goal and look better generally in the first half, perhaps leading to a goal and foothold.

What I can give him a pass for is Mustafi, given the injuries it makes sense that he was there (although I personally consider brain farts more dangerous than lack of experience and I would've flat back 4 mav kos amn and mon).

I'm p*ssed and if we do miss out on top 4 then it will be because of today.
No AMN was fine but just played too many games lately and we have a game in 3 days

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
As garbage as Elneny and Jenks are I can live with the rotation, I just still don’t understand why we went 5 at the back with Mustafi as a CB.

That’s a major error, either you play just Kos and Mavrapanos in the middle with Mustafi at RB or you drop him from the line up altogether.

We’ve done ok hiding him as a limited RB with cover from midfield. The run in isn’t the place for gambling like he’s done today.
Rightly or wrongly, he won't play a back 4 that includes both Mustafi and Kolasinac. Can't remember him doing so this season, then throw in Mavro's inexperience and he probably assumed the way to mitigate the risk was play with wing-backs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Emery seem can't trust kolasinac mustafi Niles in back and the evidence we see that at 2nd half and against Everton. I don't think emery ever played 5 at the back in Sevilla or psg his formation were mostly 4231 or 4123

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rightly or wrongly, he won't play a back 4 that includes both Mustafi and Kolasinac. Can't remember him doing so this season, then throw in Mavro's inexperience and he probably assumed the way to mitigate the risk was play with wing-backs.

But then why not just go back four and drop Mustafi altogether?

I dunno, it just seems like this back five stuff has got us yet again.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He now has 3 important tasks for this season to make it a success in my eyes.

1) We need to get CL. Preferably through winning the EL AND finishing in the top four.

2) Bin Mustafi.

3) Bin Elneny.

I'll be content then and can relax this summer.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good on him for trying to play Jenks, Mustafi, El-Nenny and Mavropanos in the same team. A bit suicidial if you ask me.

It's a catch-22 for him, unfortunately. Playing a flat back 4 would have helped yesterday, but we don't have any wingers, and **** CMs so we couldn't do that.

maybe go 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 next time...

MkhiMagic

I’ll be honest. I don’t like him, too cowardly in his setups. Even when we’re winning we’re boring to watch, zero fluidity attacking wise.

Still not too late to win the Europa League and finish 3rd in the league which would be fantastic for a first season. But performances have been dire in 80% of games.

HomeSteak

Established Member
I like thim and I still think he is the man for the job. But i can understand why people call him a coward. He was one again yesterday, and on top of that ****ed the first 11 and cost us a Champions League spot.

HomeSteak

Established Member
We're still in fourth place, drama queen.

We are-that's what the math says, but we are not really . We will lose both games this week and it will all end by Sunday night. No way we beat both Wolves and Leicester away from home. Come Sunday night we will be either 6 points behind Chelsea or 3 behind Chelsea and 2 behind United- sitting in 6th.
No drama queen just a realist.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We are-that's what the math says, but we are not really . We will lose both games this week and it will all end by Sunday night. No way we beat both Wolves and Leicester away from home. Come Sunday night we will be either 6 points behind Chelsea or 3 behind Chelsea and 2 behind United- sitting in 6th.

:lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Might as well not show up at all then and just focus on the Europa League.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Nacho, Iwobi, Mikhi, AMN all left on the bench for poorer players and the Emery bum squad are crying about him having no options.

This annoyed me too. Okay maybe Nacho might be tired but the others shouldn't be - why handicap yourself from the start? Such a negative line-up with only the front 3 able to create anything. We got what that team selection deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom