• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Rooney and His Hold Over English Football

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gibbs is miles above Baines in BOTH aspects of the game (yeah you heard me), crossing only counts for so much, in the past 18 months Gibbs link up play and all round offensive game has improved. In fact I think he put in 1 or 2 decent crosses against City and/or Palace already this season though my mind is a bit funny, do remember a lot of comments about it though. He's also quicker and can actually use his pace to get by defenders, whereas Baines is only useful when he has space to take a touch and cross it in or approach the box.

Gibbs is criminally underrated both generally and at Arsenal, the progress he's made is ignored, perhaps mainly because his various injuries doesn't allow him to show how good he is consistently. He should be England's number 1 left back when fit.

I agree with Say yes on Rooney, the record books may show his quite decent and consistent scoring/assisting rates and his trophy cabinet.... however he definitely hasn't fulfilled his true potential. 2010 was his peak, over 30 goals and was virtually unplayable, at times that year he was the closest to Messi and Ronaldo. Perhaps the 2010 world cup, cheating on missus and the contract issues all within the space of a few months took its toll and he spent a long while trying to get back to a good level but never quite pushed on from his 2010 performances. Shame really.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's just our great white [fading fast] hope. Not his fault every manager he's played under wants to build his world around him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Wayne Rooney and his hold over English football"

What a grip he has...

giphy.webp

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

dino bravo

I just read they were 5th when he was appointed (granny loving fecker 'led' them to 20th lol).

Why the hell did they sack the other guy when in 5th?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I just read they were 5th when he was appointed (granny loving fecker 'led' them to 20th lol).

Why the hell did they sack the other guy when in 5th?
The new owners wanted a big name.
HIlariously they did the same thing under their previous owners. Sacked Gary Rowett when they were 6th in the league and appointed Zola. Who won 2 of his 24 games in charge and was sacked with the club in a relegation battle.

You'd think they'd learn

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bit like Neville at Valencia. Wonder what Arteta would have done at Birmingham?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's wild that this man is scouse, married to Colleen Rooney, has shagged grannies and been tied up by hookers yet this might be the most embarrassing moment of his life.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom