• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger has 20% chance of signing new player.

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 1,031

JazzG

Established Member
I hope so, I hope it is Reyes as well. But I'm 80% sure he won't be coming to us ;)

jc8gooner

I'm not sure about resting Thierry for this game as well as the CC ones. The Fa Cup is still important. Maybe put him on the bench with Bergkamop and Freddie up front and Parlour right mid.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
JazzG said:
I hope so, I hope it is Reyes as well. But I'm 80% sure he won't be coming to us ;)

Hmm tommorow is going to either ... squash all our hopes ... or get us all going nuts ... which one though?

Jinn

Established Member
I see this as very encouraging news for our forays into the transfer window.

Wenger usually understates our position, and having previously said that he won't buy anyone, this seems to be his admission that he is in fact looking to sign someone.

goonerlove

I agree with that assessment...

AW plays his cards close to his vest and I think 20% probably means more like 60%.

My guess is that we sign RVP for January and get PK for summer. I doubt anything else happens right now. In the summer we might pick up another player (CB?)...

With RVP and PK we are getting good value for the price... I just hope they fit in well with the team...

But I am probably totally wrong on this whole thing...

Goonerlove

lewdikris

Established Member
Hmmm, interesting... Wiltord's injury is obviously pretty bad. He's been out for what, a month now, and obviously isn't getting much better.

And Henry's not playing Saturday. Bollocks. He NEVER plays when i go!!! Still, at least he's being given his mid-season rest break now rather than in the league where he's most vital.

I'd say it's pretty sure we'll move for someone - whether Wenger wanted to or not, we may have to ... Ali, Kanu and Wiltord could be gone to mid to end february ... and Dennis isn't reliable enough about injuries himself to cover the gap.

lewdikris

Established Member
Nah it's cool. Boro only scraped home against us with Bentley, Quincey and Kanu out-stepovering each other into oblivion.

Stick in Dennis, Bobby and Freddie and bring back Paddy to boss it in the middle and they've no chance!!!

It would also be the best psychological blow for next wednesday, when Dennis and Paddy will probably play as well....

quattro

given how well we held up boro in the last carling cup match i think he can take a break with this one.

on the transfer... if feyenoord hadn't said anything i doubt wenger would even have made any statement at all regarding the transfer window. now that the cat is out of the bag i guess he was obligated to say something.

mood

I dont want Arsenal to spend in January though.. we may have to now but I dont want it to happen!! if they save up till the summer theyll have minumum £20m on players!! which is perfect!

Jinn

Established Member
mood said:
I dont want Arsenal to spend in January though.. we may have to now but I dont want it to happen!! if they save up till the summer theyll have minumum £20m on players!! which is perfect!

That will be small consolation if we don't win the title!

seanconvey66

We made the mistake of not strengthening last season, it ultimately cost us the title, we cannot make the same mistake again. :evil:

Ridge

mood said:
yeah, i rather we sign at least one player in january so he could have 6 months to suit in the team, rather than having 20 million in the summer.

OoDy

It Might As Well Be 20% Chance Of Signing Reyes Now.. I Really Do Believe He`s The Player Arsène`s After.. And If He Waits Untill The Summer We Might Have Competition From Real Madrid Or Other Teams For Signing Him

Anders Limpar

In ten days Arsenal will not be able to put a deal through as massive as a Reyes deal would be! And we all know, especially AW, how long time it can take for southern europeans or south americans to find their game in the EPL, and that is time we don't have if we are to buy us out of problems!! The solution should be cheap and with proven quality in the EPL otherwise AW wont risk it...

..it sounds as if Franny Jeffers coul be on his way back if fit enough! As for RVP, he will get cheaper in the summer...

OoDy

Yes It`s Harder For A Player To Settle In The EPL Espcially In Mid Of The Season.. But We All Know That Arsène`s Long Term Target Is Reyes.. He`ve Been Watching Him For 2 Seasons Now And Might Move For Him Now Since Seville President Jose Maria del Nido Is Seriously Considering Selling Reyes After Our Last Bid For Him.. The Only Way To Find Out Is To Wait And See What Happens In The Next 9 Days

marhes26

Hmmm..im starting to wonder how long we are going to get away with resting Henry for games.I have my worries about saturday.I'm thinking that Boro are gonna sit back and frustrate us and that what we will really need to break them down is pace.I think Mcclaren is looking to take us back to the riverside after the comment he made in a interview on skysports news he said that it's strange playing the same team 4 times in a month or 5 if we get a draw in the cup(with a smile).Get ready for 10 men behind the ball.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom