• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
suddenly our away-kit looks good :lol:

ComnfiLW8AABLXP.jpg

little mistake of puma. i did a short correction.

8kt5tuj4.png
The sight of him in next season's kit literally makes me want to vomit.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
So a few days ago, we were getting our hopes up at the thought of Mahrez and Lacazette. Both now ruled out. Yedder or whatever that Toulouse striker is, is going to Sevilla. And Mustafi was supposedly available for 25M euros, but now the price is suddenly 25M pounds + 10M in addons. Yeah I dont see us paying that either.

Happy days.
Well, it seems the Lacazette show will rumble on for a while. Looks like there wasn't any real interest from Arsenal for Mahrez and that it was Mahrez's camp trying to get Leicester to up his contract.

Goon_si

Well, it seems the Lacazette show will rumble on for a while. Looks like there wasn't any real interest from Arsenal for Mahrez and that it was Mahrez's camp trying to get Leicester to up his contract.
Yeah just read about Lacazette still being an option. Problem is I just don't get all that excited at the prospec of paying 40M for him, doesnt really scream top class, but oh well, better than nothing and it's not my money.

redanddread

Yeah just read about Lacazette still being an option. Problem is I just don't get all that excited at the prospec of paying 40M for him, doesnt really scream top class, but oh well, better than nothing and it's not my money.
I think Lacazette would be a very decent signing considering his rep in Ligue 1. He might not be in that upper tier, elite striker category but then not many are. I've questioned Lacazette's quality but I do think he'd be an improvement on the likes of Theo & Campbell & even The Ox across the front line plus he's someone proven at playing striker & we do need a proven striker to compliment Giroud.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I cannot understand why Mahrez would not want to force his way out to Arsenal.

Note,
  • He is French
  • He is what Arsenal have been missing.
  • If he has a similar season like last, he will become become undroppable at Arsenal
The only possible reasons for him not coming to Arsenal are
  • Arsenal are not actually interested, or they won't pay a £35+ fee for him
  • He thinks he is going to Barcelona next year
  • He is afraid he will get benched at Arsenal

Good points. Let me add this:
- There is no way Mahrez will get benched at AFC if he is anywhere close his past season level. Mahrez on one leg is better than anyone we have started there (Theo, Ox, JC, Ramsey). Our RW is a black hole and he would fill the void perfectly.
- I think more likely AFC was not overly interested and from different accounts never submitted a bid for him (according to squawka).
- While I would be very disappointed if that is the case, I truly hope it is because we have bigger and better targets, as @redanddread seems to believe. If that is not the case, it will be a bitter pill to swallow.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think Lacazette would be a very decent signing considering his rep in Ligue 1. He might not be in that upper tier, elite striker category but then not many are. I've questioned Lacazette's quality but I do think he'd be an improvement on the likes of Theo & Campbell & even The Ox across the front line plus he's someone proven at playing striker & we do need a proven striker to compliment Giroud.

He is much better than all the above (Theo, Ox, JC in addition to Welbeck as well), no doubt. He will not take over Giroud's role though and that is the problem. At over 50 M, he will be the most or the second most expensive signee and one should expect a mega start and automatic starter a la Özil/Alexis.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/arsenalmad79">@arsenalmad79</a> we&#39;ve been talking to one of the best forwards in Europe. Trying to convince him to come. Also been scouting a young Spaniard</p>&mdash; Pablo (@AFCAMDEN) <a href="">July 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Is he talking about Lacazette or someone else ?

Last edited:

redanddread

He is much better than all the above (Theo, Ox, JC in addition to Welbeck as well), no doubt. He will not take over Giroud's role though and that is the problem. At over 50 M, he will be the most or the second most expensive signee and one should expect a mega start and automatic starter a la Özil/Alexis.
I think those of you out there need to realise that Giroud offers a style that most big clubs seem to want nowadays & that is a BIG, strong hold up striker. Giroud's not going anywhere but what we do need is a more mobile No.9 who can compliment Giroud and offer that something different that Theo obviously can't. You got have a couple strings to your attacking bow & we don't really. Lacazette might provide that.

How many strikers out there would automatically displace Giroud that we could actually buy? Not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom