• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
World class player.

And the best bit? He can still go up a level and will.

Him and Rudiger have been the best defenders in the world this season, reason why I didn't mention Gabriel as Saliba has been better in the title run in as when players face pressure, we truly get to see their mettle. Unfortunately Gabriel Bozo genes has resurfaced here and there during this run in (think of Villa first half, Bournemouth first half with the two errors, Poor passing selections vs Brighton at the Amex, Jackson missed chance with Gabriel slipping, etc..) whereas Saliba has been impeccable in the league during this period.

Saliba simply has to transfer his league form to his international form then we have truly gotten a gem of a player. That will come with experience.

Until the title run in, I had Gabriel ahead of Saliba but with the advent of squeaky bum time business end of the season, starting with the Etihad game, Saliba has shown his coolness/composure and been our standout player in the league, he's my POTS thus far.

An example of Saliba's maturity and gaining experience was his poor performances home and away vs Porto and playing below his level in the first half vs Bayern at the Emirates but was excellent in the 2nd half of the Emirates game. At the Allianz away, whilst Gabriel was poor, Saliba was excellent showing his maturity.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He is so calm he honestly makes being a CB look easy. I think he's about my height, and I can't fathom what it would take to move that quick.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That play he made on Garnacho was a thing of beauty.

All that momentum as Garnacho is racking down the side, the crowd was roaring up and Saliba just nonchalantly puts a stop to it.
Maldiniesque tackle. Before anyone has a go at me, I am not comparing him to the GOAT but that's a tackle you simply do not see executed anymore.

Batman

How has he not got a nomination for player of the season ahead of Virgil..
Liverpool PR. The reality is that he has been better than he was in the last couple of seasons after his ACL injury but he's still not the guy of old and he's been frankly shocking during their collapse which is damning for a club captain of his experience.

baccy_man

Established Member
When he was having all those loans and getting a bit disillusioned wondering where his career was going with us I bet he is glad that he stuck the plans he has become a monster of a player now always one of the first players to go on the team sheet, I don't think he has missed a game this season.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool PR. The reality is that he has been better than he was in the last couple of seasons after his ACL injury but he's still not the guy of old and he's been frankly shocking during their collapse which is damning for a club captain of his experience.

Goofy van Dijk form collapsed like two weeks after this clip as well lol

Batman

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Dude won the league and a CL (although it's the least impressive CL in history because nobody loses to the Spuds in a Cup Final) and was bragging about an energy drink cup right before turning into a pumpkin yet again. :lol:
Him De Bruyne and Courtois the biggest cuckks in world football, all top or former top players with extreme pencildick aura.

People actually crowned this fruity fraud best ever in England after two seasons of good performances, even if he hadn't crashed so spectacularly someone who puts perfume on his kit and whose eyes are glued to the screen during matches so he can see what he looks like could never be part of that conversation.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We collapsed last season when he got injured.

We don’t this season when he stayed fit.
Which is my point that we got extremely lucky this season with injuries. The lesson is we need more depth and quality depth. At Arsenal we had so many guys play constantly at not get hurt; this year. It would be foolish to think we will be so lucky every year or next year. On Arsenal we are super reliant on Saka, Ode, Gabriel, Rice, and Saliba. The drop off is too big between them and their replacement. Of City misses one or two starting CBs no one even notices. Maybe Rodri is only indispensable guy they have. We have too many

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Vidic won five titles and the Champions League with United, and is the only defender to win Premier League player of the season award twice — though things started awkwardly. “My first big game was Liverpool away and I had to play against Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy. That was like ‘Welcome to the Premier League’. I had never played against a player who was two metres tall. How am I going to jump against this guy? And [Crouch] is a good footballer too. And then you have Craig Bellamy. He was the fastest player in the Premier League. We lost 1-0 and I realised I had to improve.”

What does he think about defenders today? Certainly very few seem as brave, ruthless and skilled at the fine details of opponent-stopping as he was. “I think football is becoming more offensive and coaches are more positive,” Vidic says. “Look how many goals we had in the Champions League semi-finals and quarter-finals. It feels like teams have started playing for that one goal extra.

“For fans it’s very good. But, for me, finding the balance between defending and going forward is still important. If you look, it is still Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool who have the best defences in the league,” he says.

“One big difference from when I started playing as a professional is the lines between the centre backs, midfield and forwards are getting shorter and shorter. Look at a game from the Sixties and Seventies and the gaps on the pitch. Now it looks totally different. Everything is tight areas and you have to be good in quick thinking, making decisions fast, putting yourself in good positions.”

The best defenders now? “I like talking about the young ones. Micky van de Ven [at Tottenham Hotspur]. He’s fast, strong and good in the air, and has capabilities to really improve. The two from Arsenal [William Saliba and Gabriel Magalhaes] are doing well. Watching them, I feel they like defending and want the clean sheet. I like the mentality they show.

And they are a partnership. That is important. Arsenal, this season, have not been conceding many goals and the situation when they went to City and didn’t concede — that was a statement of Arsenal as a team. That they want to win the trophy. Not just play nice. I think that’s good. Finally!”

Saw the above this morning 😂 these former Utd players are trying to give the co-sign when we’ve all known Saliba and Gabriel have been the best defensive partnership in Europe for a little while.

Batman

I think he's the closest thing you can have to a defensive talisman. You just know that he's going to make the tackle he needs to make, get himself out of trouble in the buildup, carry the ball to start an attack, make a difficult pass to advance the play, do that little bit to snuff out a transition. I agree with what he's saying, it feels to me like the whole team has more belief in what they do defensively with him out there.

outlawz

Him De Bruyne and Courtois the biggest cuckks in world football, all top or former top players with extreme pencildick aura.

People actually crowned this fruity fraud best ever in England after two seasons of good performances, even if he hadn't crashed so spectacularly someone who puts perfume on his kit and whose eyes are glued to the screen during matches so he can see what he looks like could never be part of that conversation.
Don't forget Varana. Man said winning the Carabao Cup was better than winning the CL's with Real.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom