• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian Pacho

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

Earlier this week, Sky Deutschland journalist Florian Plettenberg reported Arsenal are one of the clubs to have made contact for Eintracht Frankfurt’s Willian Pacho.

He had also stated the Bundesliga side will need a fee between €50m and €60m to part ways with the defender in the summer.

Arsenal seem to be keen on signing the 22-year-old, and that’s at least what DAZN, relayed by Bolvaip, are reporting.
The Ecuador international is one of the players identified as targets by Arsenal, likely led by their director, Edu.

Mikel Arteta’s side would already have a meeting with the German club, to make an offer for the centre-back. It’s further claimed the Gunners’ first formal offer would be around €45m.

The report states the north London club’s offer is unlikely to be accepted since Eintracht Frankfurt would need in excess of €60m for the South American. There’s no mention if the Gunners would return with an improved bid.

Liverpool have also made contact but haven’t yet made a formal offer, like Arsenal, who are working to quickly secure the deal for the player.

Last summer, Eintracht Frankfurt signed Pacho from Royal Antwerp and handed him a deal until 2028. He managed an assist from 39 games in his debut season in Germany.

VIDEO: "Since I've Been Following This Routine, My Body Fat Is Melting Away Like Never Before (THIS IS NOT a Diet or Excercise!)"

Frankfurt replacement for Pacho if he leaves

Are we ever going to being targeting a genuine classical Left Back who is marauding in nature and can defend?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He's absolutely not a full back lol. Can play the modern three at the back wide centre back position where you have to push up far because he's quick enough and good enough on the ball but a proper full back would be better.

Can 100% see this happening anyway as he's a big upgrade on Kiwior and could play his role as well. Arteta needs counselling or a baseball bat to the shins with his hoarding of defenders ffs, some btec Guardiola without the trophies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure they exist any more! Full backs either seem to be converted wingers or converted central defenders these days.
Tbf, that's what they were back in the day too but what's changed is the way they play largely with all this inverted business. I don't think signing a traditional full-back will help us, he'll just get sidelined the way Tierney did in the end. At most, I'd like us to sign one who can dribble really well, if only because it's one area where I've thought Zinchenko is surprisingly weak.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

The idea for next season is quite clearly to have White or Timber inverting and Kiwior/new guy making up a back 3 with Saliba and Gabs. Hey I’m not mad at it, Pacho looks very very good.

The system works the quality needs fine tuning.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Tbf, that's what they were back in the day too but what's changed is the way they play largely with all this inverted business. I don't think signing a traditional full-back will help us, he'll just get sidelined the way Tierney did in the end. At most, I'd like us to sign one who can dribble really well, if only because it's one area where I've thought Zinchenko is surprisingly weak.
If we signed someone like Hakimi Theo or Dimarco there's no way they get sidelined, even under Arteta who's a safety first manager. Tierney was sidelined because he was injury prone and unreliable with the ball in tight areas imo.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

If we signed someone like Hakimi Theo or Dimarco there's no way they get sidelined, even under Arteta who's a safety first manager. Tierney was sidelined because he was injury prone and unreliable with the ball in tight areas imo.

Everyone knows the system we play and it requires having a solid player at LB. Our best games this season have come with Kiwior at LB, even though he isn’t the greatest.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Everyone knows the system we play and it requires having a solid player at LB. Our best games this season have come with Kiwior at LB, even though he isn’t the greatest.
The "system" we play required Partey to play a blinder and Xhaka to distribute just a year ago, this season we have neither. If we managed to sign a LB like Marcelo we'd make it work by whoever is the LCM holding more often, if we signed Abidal the same CM gets more licence to roam forward.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Agreed. Don't think a traditional full-back is the way. I also don't think an inverted full-back is the way. It might bother the Pep doubters here, but we need to emulate what he does here. We play the exact same style, except we're one year behind them. The four proper defenders approach has made City so much more solid.

We need Ben White's equivalent on the left. Someone who can defend but is also good with the ball at his feet and can progress play. I'd also like to remind that we chased Lisandro Martínez, who is of this profile, before we got Zinchenko. He was of this profile even though he's constantly injured for United.

Timber is the one if we don't get anyone, but a left-footed player would be more ideal. I wish listed Calafiori from Bologna and Hato from Ajax last week.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ideally you need different profiles in a squad. We already have Timber/Tomi/Kiwior who are natural CB’s shifted out to fullback, so what’s the point in signing another regardless of how talented they are? Mix it up by shifting Zinchenko then replacing him with a natural LB who can offer a different threat in attacking spaces and is competent on the ball - I think Tierney’s downfall has clouded people’s judgement but say we get another Nacho Monreal, would people be complaining?

It’s not like the other top teams around Europe have given up on natural fullbacks, this is more so a Pep thing but I’d prefer variety.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I look at Bayer Leverkusen and how well they have used Grimaldo and Frimpong. Its better to mix it up rather than signing another CB and shift him on as the fullback.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta is determined to kill his wingers pairing them with CBs. This is terrible idea

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
True but if you remember, last season he[Tierney] was having to invert because that's what Arteta wanted his LB to do at the time.

BBF

Ndicka last year, Willian Pacho this year. Which CB from Eintracht Frankfurt is up next? Koch?

UkrArsenal

60 is too much. We have where to spend money - LB,6,Winger,9....
Tosin will be a free agent in the summer, can we try to sign him?

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom