• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

World Cup 2014 qualifiers

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
So an international frienldy week decides the Bundesliga. Ridiculous.

Is green Germany's lucky colour?, you quite often have had it as away kit.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Kruse has been in good form for Mongle-..., hasn't he? Maybe he'll replace Lewandowski at Dortmund?

dave_rwr

Established Member
Does anyone have more knowledge on Mitroglou? I don't follow the Greek league or the Greek national team, but he seems to be making waves for sure. Is he a player that could make it here in England? Or is the Greek league more is level?

kopzilla

Always Negative
dave_rwr said:
Does anyone have more knowledge on Mitroglou? I don't follow the Greek league or the Greek national team, but he seems to be making waves for sure. Is he a player that could make it here in England? Or is the Greek league more is level?

IMO the Greek league is very poor but Mitroglou plays well for Olympiakos..I thought he was Turkish.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
clockwork orange said:

Who're you talking to? :D

Mitroglou is pretty often in the German news this season being linked mostly to Dortmund. He grew up in the Ruhr area and even played for Mönchengladbach's reserves but was deemed not good enough. He's scoring from virtually everywhere so far this season, but I don't think that he's good enough for us to be honest. Too slow and limited, above average player on a lethal run of form but no single area where he really stands out, similar to Sturridge really.

Wouterus

Flow said:
Belgium lost 3-2 to ******* Japan..
Hardly a surprise after watching Japan against the Netherlands. Belgium are a tad overrated at the moment, Japan are pretty good and Honda is just amazing. World class player, he has everything and would easily fit into one of the top teams in Europe.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Japan football revolution in last few years has been really great i give credit to Zico in my opinion since him Japan Football going from good to great he build a really good Japan team won with them a Asian cup 2004 and lead them to World Cup 2006.

and our Nice FA sack him after a FEW bad results f**king c**ts. yeah now suck it our national team struggling to qualify to the Asian cup 2015.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yousif_arsenal said:
Japan football revolution in last few years has been really great i give credit to Zico in my opinion since him Japan Football going from good to great he build a really good Japan team won with them a Asian cup 2004 and lead them to World Cup 2006.

and our Nice FA sack him after a FEW bad results f**king c**ts. yeah now suck it our national team struggling to qualify to the Asian cup 2015.

and to think that in the 1970-1980 most Japanese doesn't know about football

Uncle Mike

Established Member
clockwork orange said:

They wore it in Washington to play the U.S. and fell behind 4-1, before nearly coming back and equalizing. Of course, that was with no Bayern or Dortmund players.

A World Cup without France is like the baseball playoffs without the Yankees. Somehow, it's just wrong.

I just hope Donovan and Dempsey are ready to go in June. Without them, the U.S. had a flat draw with Scotland (who, to be fair, did beat Norway away today) and got absolutely robbed against Austria (1-0, with an obvious goal disallowed). With them, we have a chance to make some noise; without them, we'll be lucky to get to the knockout stage.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Uncle Mike said:
clockwork orange said:

They wore it in Washington to play the U.S. and fell behind 4-1, before nearly coming back and equalizing. Of course, that was with no Bayern or Dortmund players.

A World Cup without France is like the baseball playoffs without the Yankees. Somehow, it's just wrong.

I just hope Donovan and Dempsey are ready to go in June. Without them, the U.S. had a flat draw with Scotland (who, to be fair, did beat Norway away today) and got absolutely robbed against Austria (1-0, with an obvious goal disallowed). With them, we have a chance to make some noise; without them, we'll be lucky to get to the knockout stage.

I'd say that even with them you'd be lucky to make it out of the group stage to be honest.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Uncle Mike said:
clockwork orange said:

I'd say that even with them you'd be lucky to make it out of the group stage to be honest.
You basing that on the same predictive ability that told England their 2010 Group Stage was

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

EASY?

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Uncle Mike said:
Cudareli said:
Uncle Mike said:

You basing that on the same predictive ability that told England their 2010 Group Stage was

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

EASY?

Nah more on the fact that you have a crap side and if you are claiming that you can't get results against Austria and Scotland without your 'star' men in Donovan and Dempsey, then you have huge problems.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You can't call an international side out based on a few friendly results. Spain lost to South Africa today--shocks happen, not that losing to Scotland and Austria, when you're the USA, is something to be ashamed of! They got to Brazil, and they go there with a fighters chance of getting out of their group, because they're fighters if anything.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
The Jury said:
You can't call an international side out based on a few friendly results. Spain lost to South Africa today--shocks happen, not that losing to Scotland and Austria, when you're the USA, is something to be ashamed of! They got to Brazil, and they go there with a fighters chance of getting out of their group, because they're fighters if anything.

Thanks for that :roll:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Oh, apologies for interrupting your mindless sh!t-kicking fest on the USA with a bit of common sense. As you were then.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
The Jury said:
Oh, apologies for interrupting your mindless sh!t-kicking fest on the USA with a bit of common sense. As you were then.

Can always count on you for common sense :roll:

Juice Man, what did you think of Croatia's game this morning? Much better then the first leg, they looked disinterested in Iceland.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom