• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

World Cup Qualifiers, September 3 and 7

air

I figured some people might want to discuss some of the games played this Saturday.

Most of all I want to share with you my day of suffering.

Andorra 0 Finland 0

Tactically a very idiotic display by us (Finland). Playing three centre-backs and wing-backs against one striker. Playing nothing but long balls. I can't even blame the players. The only way we might have scored was luck.

Stand-in coach, Jyrki Heliskoski, if I ever see you, I will spit in your face.

These games are being played:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/worldcup/index.html

Not going to watch Finland v Macedonia in my city.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Australia beat the Solomon Islands 7-0.

Disappointing performance from the Aussies, we could've easily put on 10 or 11. But it doesn't matter much in the end.

Double_H

Established Member
Italy down by one from Scotland

This Miller Guy is giving Nesta and Canavaro hard time

also Van Persi is starting for Holland ...They Got a Free Kick in first Mintues and Van HorseFace took it i was pissed Off even though he seem to be Practicing his FreeKicks (One with Man U and this one)

Monne

belgium sucked

we needed to win and only managed to shoot like 2 times

very sad

first cup we'll miss since '78

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Holland, who had to play on a pitch, on which I wouldn't let my dog sh*t, beat Armenia 0-1. Van Horseface with a beautiful volley on the turn.

Marco still unbeaten, Berlin here we come!

Mostarac

Established Member
Bosnia managed to win against Belgium, VERY importnant win for us which means that we can still get that 2nd place in the group or even qualify.

AFCG7

Established Member
Hmmmm... not a good result for the Czechs.
This will hurt their chances of qualifying as one of the bext second placed teams.
Well done to the US..they can relax now and maybe do our CAribbean neighbours a favour.
I think the top 3 Concacaf tems get automatic qualification an the 4th place plays an Asian qualifier for a spot in Germany.
The Trinis beat GUatemala today so they have a good chance of finishing 4th.
COme on T n T !

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I saw France stutter past the Faroe Isles 3-0.2 goals from Liverpool's Cisse and an own goal was enough for the disappointing French. I have to say that Thierry looked very average for France again. He was taken off for Wiltord after 69mins.

clockwork orange

Big match in Africa today Ivory Coast v Cameroon. Don't think Cameroon can get an away win, so I predict the following countries from Africa to play at the WC:

Ivory Coast, Ghana, Tunisia, Togo & Angola.

Certainly the last 2 are a surprise and prove of the broadening of the top in African football.

clockwork orange

AFCG7 said:
Hmmmm... not a good result for the Czechs.
This will hurt their chances of qualifying as one of the bext second placed teams.
Well done to the US..they can relax now and maybe do our CAribbean neighbours a favour.
I think the top 3 Concacaf tems get automatic qualification an the 4th place plays an Asian qualifier for a spot in Germany.
The Trinis beat GUatemala today so they have a good chance of finishing 4th.
COme on T n T !
Nice brace by Stern John, wouldn't be surprised if the recently assigned T n T manager 'Don' Leo Beenhakker helps them qualify.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Gunner4Eva said:
Still can't understand how CONCACAF get 3 automatic qualifications... :roll:

hmm.. let's see.. how did the CONCACAF teams do in the last WC?

-USA lost to Germany in the QF's by a lucky 1-0 scoreline (beat Portugal in the Group stage)

-Mexico lost to the US in the Round of 16 (finished top in their group though)

-Costa Rica only missed the group stage on goal difference to the eventual Semi Finalists, Turkey...

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Gunner4Eva said:
Still can't understand how CONCACAF get 3 automatic qualifications... :roll:

hmm.. let's see.. how did the CONCACAF teams do in the last WC?

-USA lost to Germany in the QF's by a lucky 1-0 scoreline (beat Portugal in the Group stage)

-Mexico lost to the US in the Round of 16 (finished top in their group though)

-Costa Rica only missed the group stage on goal difference to the eventual Semi Finalists, Turkey...

Yet again, I still can't understand how CONCACAF get 3 automatic qualifications.... :roll:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
oh, im sorry.. i thought I explained why.. let's try this again...

Teams Past Group / Total Teams from Region:

CONCACAF: 2 / 3 - 67%
UEFA: 9 / 15 - 60%
Asia: 2 / 4 - 50%
COMNEBOL: 2 / 5 - 40%
Africa: 1 / 5 - 20%

clockwork orange

Today we've got a very good match as well: Ivory Coast v Cameroon, Cameroon need an away win. 17.00 BST, 18.00 CET on Eurosport (both UK and continental).

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Yes, ok, I saw what you meant the first time, I just still cant comprehend the reasoning behind 3 automatic spots and a .5 spot while Oceania gets a .5 spot. I know Australia are heading over to Asia for the next World Cups qualifiers, but Oceania (Australia) has the hardest route by far having to play a group of no ones (New Zealand, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu etc) then going up against a battle hardened South American team, while teams like Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago and the like are guarenteed a spot, and given a chance in a qualifier.

Laughable in my mind, but then again, that's coming from an Aussie.

Monne

i agree that there should be fewer european teams and at least 1 certain qualifier for oceania

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom