• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

World Cup Squads

thegame24

Established Member
Clichy, Sagna, Gallas, Diaby?, Fabregas, Song, Eboue, RVP, Vela, Bendtner, Theo. I think thats all

Not much really.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Netherlands.

GK: Stekelenburg (Ajax) Velthuisen (Vitesse) or Boschker (Twente)
Defenders: De Wiel (Ajax) Heitinga (Everton) Matthijsen (HSV) V bronkhorst (Feynoord) Braafheid (Bayer Munchen) Ooijer (PSV) and maby Vlaar (Feynoord)

Midfielders: De Jong (Man City) Van Bommel (Bayer Munchen) Sneijder (Internazionale) Van De Vaart (Real Madrid) (Mendes Da Silva (AZ) (Stijn Schaars AZ)

Attackers: Van Persie (Arsenal) Robben (Bayer Munchen) Kuyt (Liverpool) Huntelaar (Ac Milan) or Van Nistelrooy (HSV).

This will be the possibility of the Holland Squad.

Zico

Established Member
HollandGooner, why is your country exporting so many great midfielders and strikers, but not defenders? Are your defenders useless?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Zico said:
HollandGooner, why is your country exporting so many great midfielders and strikers, but not defenders? Are your defenders useless?

I really dont know to be honest, those players who are listed are the best defenders for us, we dont have better defenders, I really dont know how that comes, but we have some exciting youngster called (Bruma from Chelsea), but there no world class defenders.

Zico

Established Member
I feel that England needs to appeal more to skill. You need players who can play the fast, powerful game preferred by England, but you also need men who can move the ball around, either to probe for an opening or to protect a lead. My team

Goalkeepers: James, Green, Hart
Central Defenders: Terry, Ferdinand, Lescott, Campbell
Fullbacks: Cole, Johnson, Bridge, Onuoha
Central mid: Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Johnson
Attacking mid: Cole, Milner, Young, Lennon
Strikers: Rooney, Zamora, Defoe, Crouch

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Zico said:
First of all I fully agree individually our defenders are crap, especially 1 v 1 (the real defending). Our defenders are mainly selected on technical abilities & a sound positional game. Hardly anyone wants defenders like that, maybe Barcelona, who played Gio and have Maxwell (who in a sense is a Dutch defender). We'll just have to do with our team's offensive pressing / positional game to make sure our defenders have to do as little hardcore defending as possible.

thegame24

Established Member
Zico said:
I feel that England needs to appeal more to skill. You need players who can play the fast, powerful game preferred by England, but you also need men who can move the ball around, either to probe for an opening or to protect a lead. My team

Goalkeepers: James, Green, Hart
Central Defenders: Terry, Ferdinand, Lescott, Campbell
Fullbacks: Cole, Johnson, Bridge, Onuoha
Central mid: Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Johnson
Attacking mid: Cole, Milner, Young, Lennon
Strikers: Rooney, Zamora, Defoe, Crouch

Theo is going for sure.

Bossa

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Netherlands.

GK: Stekelenburg (Ajax) Velthuisen (Vitesse) or Boschker (Twente)
Defenders: De Wiel (Ajax) Heitinga (Everton) Matthijsen (HSV) V bronkhorst (Feynoord) Braafheid (Bayer Munchen) Ooijer (PSV) and maby Vlaar (Feynoord)

Midfielders: De Jong (Man City) Van Bommel (Bayer Munchen) Sneijder (Internazionale) Van De Vaart (Real Madrid) (Mendes Da Silva (AZ) (Stijn Schaars AZ)

Attackers: Van Persie (Arsenal) Robben (Bayer Munchen) Kuyt (Liverpool) Huntelaar (Ac Milan) or Van Nistelrooy (HSV).

This will be the possibility of the Holland Squad.

No Elia? Schaars and Da Silva are not good enough for Holland I think that De Zeeuw and Affelay will go for their place.

SuperStar

France.

Gk: Loris (Lyon), Mandanda (Marseille), Carrasso (Bordeaux)

Defenders: Gallas (Arsenal), Sagna (Arsenal), Evra (Man U), Abidal (Barcelona), Boumsong (Lyon), Clichy (Arsenal), Ciani (Bordeaux)

Midfielders: Ribery (Bayern Munich), Gourcuff (Bordeaux), L. Diarra (Real Madrid), Toulalan (Lyon), Malouda (Chelsea), Ben Arfa (Marseille), Nasri (Arsenal), A. Diarra (Bordeaux)

Forwards: Henry (Barcelona), Anelka (Chelsea), Benzema (Real Madrid), Gignac (Toulouse), Govou (Lyon)

I really hope Nasri can make it back into the squad, as there is a lot of competition in the midfield.

Timleaf

Established Member
I'm not a massive fan of the national team, but it's interesting to note that in 6 of the last 12 major tournaments England have reached either the QF's or SF's (4 qf's and 2 sf's). On 4 of those 6 occasions we've lost on penalties and on the other 2 we've lost by a single goal.

I think that record suggests that England generally produce a pretty sound team, but that to go that bit further and win a tournament we need a bit of luck, and one or two star players in top form to win us tight games in the latter stages.

illmatik

Established Member
SuperStar said:
France.

Gk: Loris (Lyon), Mandanda (Marseille), Carrasso (Bordeaux)

Defenders: Gallas (Arsenal), Sagna (Arsenal), Evra (Man U), Abidal (Barcelona), Boumsong (Lyon), Clichy (Arsenal), Ciani (Bordeaux)

Midfielders: Ribery (Bayern Munich), Gourcuff (Bordeaux), L. Diarra (Real Madrid), Toulalan (Lyon), Malouda (Chelsea), Ben Arfa (Marseille), Nasri (Arsenal), A. Diarra (Bordeaux)

Forwards: Henry (Barcelona), Anelka (Chelsea), Benzema (Real Madrid), Gignac (Toulouse), Govou (Lyon)

I really hope Nasri can make it back into the squad, as there is a lot of competition in the midfield.

Squillaci and Mexes should definitely make it, I also think Cisse and/or Saha should be called up

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think Domenech will call Diaby. He always call him up when he is fit.

Squllaci or the other french Sevilla defender will make it before Boumsong

SuperStar

If you go to thefa.com and select the north american store, and then go to home kit for 09/11, you will find Wilshere's England shirt (Number 7).

Screenshot1

Screenshot2

Does this mean that Wilshere will make the England squad as Becham's replacement (or possibly Walcott's)?

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom