• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

your fav player

Canuck

Established Member
awesomarsenal said:
skart14 said:
theguvnor said:
Heres one: NONE
if they aint arsenal they aint liked, simple.
except a few players - gazza (i know hes from the ****, but a great entertainer and amazing player), pearce (as you can tell from my pic) thats about it. England legends, anyone else is a nothing. Its like gooners supporting other teams as well, i just dont understand it :|

lighten up...if you appreciate good football then certainly you can appreciate the skills of players such as ronaldinho.....doesn't make you any less of a gooner....
lighten up...if you appreciate good football then certainly you can appreciate the skills of players such as ronaldinho.....doesn't make you any less of a gooner....
i agree. supporting the player who impresses u does not mean u love the club they r playing 4. anyway i tink mr shaun wright-phillips is a good prospect :angel

I just thought...since you're in the FantasyFootball, and there's no way you could just have gunners. You must be able to admit that some players for other teams are doing better than other players. So maybe you could admit that you respect the abilities or efforts of certain players? :wink:

kevin_kyle

Chelsea - I love watching John Terry at the moment, as the fact that from centre back he has scored more goals then most of the strikers in the premiership.
Lampard and Robben are exciting as well, very efficient.

Man City - Always love watching Anelka and S.Wright Phillips

Fulham - Edwin Van Der Sar has always been a favorite, more so for the national team.

Liverpool - Gerrard is a great player to watch.

There is so much talent in the premier league, every match is entertaining, especially compared to italy :roll:

Asterix

Established Member
Ronaldinho is great, as is Nedved. Zidane was also fantastic.

Stan Lazaridis.

Hasselbaink was (still is?) a consummate goal getter and valuable to learn from.

On the topic of having an interest in other teams, I have a soft spot for Charlton because I think Curbishley has done amazing things there, so I like them to do well. However when they play Arsenal I hope they lose 10-0.

skart14

Sol said:
gunnertilldeath said:
theguvnor said:
Foreign leagues players maybe that isnt so bad, but other rival teams!! chelsea, manc and yid players!!!! :shock:

ARSENAL TIL I DIE
IM ARSENAL TIL I DIE...

with that attitude, you will never fully enjoy this wonderful sport. you mean you cannot appreciate a player's skill and good attitude just because of the shirt they have on?? i love arsenal but i have the balls to say that i love football first. without football, there would be no arsenal. you have to admire a man like mccalister who wowed into his old age. or a zola. such commitment and passion and brilliance. it doesnt make me less of a gooner. it just gives me a more well-rounded appreciation of the game of football. so i take it you cannot sit down and watch a mid-table game as a neutral, just cos none of the players are arsenal boys?? thats just sad. you're loosing what the game is about. its about enjoyment.

You see, its posts like that that just reinforce my opinion that foreign fans just dont understand football and what it means to be a gooner.

That is uncalled for sol....don't judge others...

A

Anonymous

I dont mind some players, especially lower teams players. maybe i admire the skill of others - robben, lampard - but i cant like them, i detest them as they play for the ****, they wear oppositions shirts, i would never support them or praise them EVER. admiration is one thing, liking them is another.
Had you grown up watching arsenal, IN ARSENAL, from the age of 5, then you would understand my feelings, exactly the same as all other lads i know who trully are arsenal til death. I just cant understand liking opponents.
As for football first! BOLLOX, arsenal and arsenal only, to have room in your body for liking of another club or player then obviously arsenal doesnt mean that much.

EIE

A

Anonymous

ok, maybe i went over the top just then, but fact is, ive never understood people who say they support a team religiously yet still hold likings for other players.
I know its different, as much as i know and respect foreign supporters and would never call them inferior, fact is, to be talking like this you cant trully understand where sol and myself are coming from. We grew up locally (from what i gather about sol) and have been supporting arsenal for years, this brings with it distaste for all those against us. Ive grown up with abuse from all fans, as, we are hated by most, hence i hate them back just as much. Gradually my liking for other players/teams has dropped and now i hold no feelings for anyone other than the red and white. Of course i admire and respect some other players but i dont LIKE them.
As for my statements about gazza, i stand by the fact i do actually like him, its a one off, but there is just something about him i admire and actually do like. For some reason i can put past the fact he played for the enemy, his personalty i just find funny and cant help but like him. Maybe his tears of 90 made me like him, he did sum up the feelings of the nation.

What is funny here though is the way the foreign fans are questioning our love of the game in general just because we are one eyed, then when we put forward the question how much do you really like arsenal you get all defensive. I dont know you and what its like to be like you guys, you clearly dont know what its like to be me, so there is no point even arguing.

A

Anonymous

All im saying is this post

with that attitude, you will never fully enjoy this wonderful sport. you mean you cannot appreciate a player's skill and good attitude just because of the shirt they have on?? i love arsenal but i have the balls to say that i love football first. without football, there would be no arsenal. you have to admire a man like mccalister who wowed into his old age. or a zola. such commitment and passion and brilliance. it doesnt make me less of a gooner. it just gives me a more well-rounded appreciation of the game of football. so i take it you cannot sit down and watch a mid-table game as a neutral, just cos none of the players are arsenal boys?? thats just sad. you're loosing what the game is about. its about enjoyment.

Is a view that just annoys me. It normally comes from people in England who have just begun to support football post Euro 96. You hear plums ringing up radio stations saying views like this - I dont support a team, I support football. Bollocks to that. To me it just highlights a basic missunderstanding of being a football supporter.
Football to me is about Arsenal, and nothing more.

The notion of having a favourite players from the ****, mancs, chelsea, scousers etc is madness. It does not happen. Now if that means I cant fully appreciate this game then fine, thats the way I like it. And football is not about enjoyment, its about supporting Arsenal and all the pain and hurt that comes with that.
But then again its each to their own, and if that is the way you see it then fair play to you.

Soler

Established Member
So, basically, you can't appreciate what Ronaldinho can do with the ball because he doesn't play for Arsenal? Rubbish.

Ratinho

Established Member
I'm going current, not players that are my favourite by any means, but players I currently admire from the clubs:

Man Utd: Rio Ferdinand. He's not a stopper, but he is the best sweeper in world football. Calm, good on the ball, strong, and reads the game so well.

Chelsea: John Terry. Absolutely awsome. thanks god for England, when Sol steps down this fella will be there. Man mountain.

Liverpool: Steven Gerrard. Best all round midfielder in Britain.

Newcastle: Lauren Robert. Newcastle fans don't desevre him. When you complain this guy doesn't do enough defensive work, you're kind of missing the point. A scorer of sensational goals, and a foot like a traction engine. :D

Tottenham: Jermain Defoe. Well, he's an Arsenal boy, innit. :wink:

Aston Villa: Nobby Solano. Brilliant from free kicks, and from open play. Cultured right foot. And it stops Villa fans talking about the incredibly average Gareth Barry.

Middlesbrough: Stuart Downing. England's new left midfielder.

And hopefully after tonight, Collins John, Steed Malbranque, and Super Luis Boa Morte.

A

Anonymous

How you can admire anyone who plays for the **** or mancs is unbelievable. Im with sol on this, arsenal are my one and only. I still enjoy football but very rarely do i sit down and focus on a whole match of football unless arsenal are involved.
Occasionally i watch a game and think what an enjoyable watch that was, but not often, normally i get bored as i couldnt give 2 ****s about any of the players or teams, and lets be honest, after watching arsenals performances in the last few years you cant blame me for viewing other teams as boring to watch.
I like watching denilson and ronaldinho though, i went to brazil turkey in the world cup mainly to watch good football. But liking other english clubs is a no no for me. Maybe because i have bad memories from almost all of them - not really bad, but just basic reasons to hate them all - i do believe football is to be enjoyed, but personally i find it hard to enjoy anything about it other than arsenal and the odd performance from nothing teams.

Allyboy

Established Member
I see exactly what guys like Sol and guvnor are saying and to be honest I agree with them.

I admire players like Zola, Cantona, Ronaldinho, Gerrard etc.. but unless they had played/are playing for Arsenal then I could never "like" them as such.

The best example I can think of at the moment is Defoe, I think he is a temendous striker and wish we had signed him, but he plays for Sp**s, how the hell can I like him?!

The only player who does not play for Arsenal that I like is Shawn Wright-Phillips and that is only because he is Wrighty's son!

At the end of the day, all these opposition players want to stop Arsenal winning competitions. Ergo I want them to fail and take pleasure in us beating them.

That does not mean I do not think they are not top players for example I thought Teddy Sheringham in his prime was an awesome player.

I just so happen to think he is one of the biggest ****s on the planet too!

tox

Allyboy said:
I see exactly what guys like Sol and guvnor are saying and to be honest I agree with them.

I admire players like Zola, Cantona, Ronaldinho, Gerrard etc.. but unless they had played/are playing for Arsenal then I could never "like" them as such.

The best example I can think of at the moment is Defoe, I think he is a temendous striker and wish we had signed him, but he plays for Sp**s, how the hell can I like him?!

The only player who does not play for Arsenal that I like is Shawn Wright-Phillips and that is only because he is Wrighty's son!

At the end of the day, all these opposition players want to stop Arsenal winning competitions. Ergo I want them to fail and take pleasure in us beating them.

That does not mean I do not think they are not top players for example I thought Teddy Sheringham in his prime was an awesome player.

I just so happen to think he is one of the biggest ****s on the planet too!

you have hit the nail on the head there mate. Its all about admiration and respect. IF you can't admire the skills of players like gerrard and ronaldiniho, i feel sorry for you because you are missing out. Guv what happens when an England tourney comes along, can you like English players from different clubs then?

patrick42uk

Established Member
LOL. allyboy whats the difference between liking and admiring? does the former involve hero-worshipping? i dont even do that with our players because i know those players arent as committed to the club as the fans are. i dont hero-worship individual players, but i love the club. maybe the distincttion is between liking the individual himself or liking his abilty. if its in terms of ability, there are loads of players i like/admire. i watch a lot of football because for me its education to be put into practice in real life. so i do tend to learn things off players whether it be arsenal or not. i could name one or two players in that category in just about every team in spain, italy, holland, germany and the premiership. maybe that is the football fan in me. however, the only thing that i'm passionate about is arsenal not individual players who IMO are undeserving of such a commitment because they are just human beings like you and me.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
LOL. allyboy whats the difference between liking and admiring? does the former involve hero-worshipping? i dont even do that with our players because i know those players arent as committed to the club as the fans are. i dont hero-worship individual players, but i love the club. maybe the distincttion is between liking the individual himself or liking his abilty. if its in terms of ability, there are loads of players i like/admire. i watch a lot of football because for me its education to be put into practice in real life. so i do tend to learn things off players whether it be arsenal or not. i could name one or two players in that category in just about every team in spain, italy, holland, germany and the premiership. maybe that is the football fan in me. however, the only thing that i'm passionate about is arsenal not individual players who IMO are undeserving of such a commitment because they are just human beings like you and me.

My sentiments exactly, patrick.

By the way - who would be these two players that you mentioned from
Spain, Italy, holland, Germany and the premiership...just curious

brianfrance

Established Member
Sol said:
gunnertilldeath said:
theguvnor said:
Foreign leagues players maybe that isnt so bad, but other rival teams!! chelsea, manc and yid players!!!! :shock:

ARSENAL TIL I DIE
IM ARSENAL TIL I DIE...

You see, its posts like that that just reinforce my opinion that foreign fans just dont understand football and what it means to be a gooner.

Give me a lesson, you seem to understand football better than me :lol:
And again, again, again, the foreigners.....please open your eyes, Arsenal FC is full of them....so is the Fan's club....

skart14

We all know where this thread is going...."I'm the better fan cuz my great great grandfather played marbles with herbert chapman......" :roll: :roll: :roll:

A

Anonymous

Guv what happens when an England tourney comes along, can you like English players from different clubs then?
Its hard, very hard, i used to be able to put their club behind them whilst wearing my countrys kit, but since ive stopped following england abroad i found its harder, and lately ive been laughing at our results and laughing at the northern monkeys in the team cocking up. In the euros i laughed when france equalised just because i couldnt help but still detest majority of the players in the team.

tox

patrick42uk said:

I think the point he is trying to make is that you can admire the skills of a player but you don't actually have to like the player.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom