• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your ideal 16

Guns and Arses

What's your dream team of 16 current players?
( 11 in first team, 5 on the bench)

This is mine:
Forwards(L>R) - Henry, Ronaldo(the real one)
Midfielders(L>R) - Duff, Vieira, Zidane, Beckham
Defenders(L>R) - Carlos, Cannavaro, Zanetti, Thuram
Goalkeeper - Buffon

Subs:
Pires, Nesta, Toldo, Raul, Ronaldinho

Ridge

campbell is better than zanetti...

but wait wait, which zanetti is it? is there 2 zanetti's?

:?:

Guns and Arses

The one that plays in CB. I think it's Javier. IMO the defenders in Serie A is better than those in the Premiership.

A

Anonymous

up front...Ruud,Raul

Midfield Giggs,Scholes,Keane,Nedved

Defence Maldini,Cannavaro,Ayala,Trabelsi

GK...Friedel..

bench:Casillas,Nesta,Crespo,Van Der Vaart,Rosicky.

Taozhe

ruud said:
up front...Ruud,Raul

GK...Friedel..

what? No sign of the neville sisters? ;D

KoLo28

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Pires Vieira Edu Ljungberg

Henry .......... Franny :)

A

Anonymous

Taozhe said:
ruud said:
up front...Ruud,Raul

GK...Friedel..

what? No sign of the neville sisters? ;D

was going to..but then thought there'll be too many United players so i better even things out. :wink:

jc8gooner

Ruud, how could you leave out Zidane?

Buffon

Salgado Thuram Nesta Carlos

Vieira
Nedved Zidane

Raul Ronaldo Henry

On the bench, Van Nistelrooy, Duff, Cafu, Maldini and Kahn

A

Anonymous

sorry mate....don't want him in my team for particular reasons..he might have all the tricks and skills and 1 might require..great ball control,great ability..then why not ?because he's a bit too flashy,the thing bout zidane that i don't like is that he might turn a defender inside out but it won't really be an effective move...one reason i prefer nedved to zizu..nedved may not be as "flairy" as zidane,but is much much more effective.Sure zidane has had his moments like the Goal against Leverkusen and the double in the World Cup Final..he is a great player with exceptional ability..no doubt about that..but does it really benefit the team as much as a hard worker with a never say Die attitude like Nedved or Scholes,Don't think so...he has a strange sort of lazy attitude bout him.(though others may disagree)..this is just my opinion though..some may think otherwise.. 8)

Andrew

Buffon
Thuram - Nesta - Campbell - R. Carlos
Nedved - Zidane - Vieira - Duff
Henry - Vieiri

Subs: Toldo, Raul, Ronaldo, Beckham, Ivan Cordoba

Pires, Maldini, Scholes, Javier Zanetti, Kolo Toure and Van Bommel unlucky to miss out.

You have to have Zidane in your side for sure. He does everything.

mauapa

mine would be the current french national team, excluding bathez (since we have so many french player, might as well add some more)

rachael-8

dida
thuram-campbell-nesta-a.cole
van der meyde-vieira-nedved-van der vaart
henry trezuguet

SUBS-lehmann,kolo toure,van bommel,kuraniyi(the dude at stuttgart),nesta

The Mini

Mine would probably be:

Buffon

Thuram Nesta Helguera Carlos

Nedved Zidane Vieira Becks

Henry Raul

Bench: Toldo Toure Duff Davids Ronaldo

Kolo has it for me in current form

kNiteMare

Buffon

Thuram Cannavaro Nesta Carlos

Duff Vieira Scholes Nedved

Henry Vieri

Subs: Dida Raul Zidane van de vaart Toure

Guns and Arses said:
The one that plays in CB. I think it's Javier. IMO the defenders in Serie A is better than those in the Premiership

Couldnt agree more
IMO scholes is one of the most underrated midfielder in the world.

jc8gooner

I see you take the Alex Ferguson view on Zidane, which happens to be absolute rubbish. ZIDANE IS THE MOST GIFTED PLAYER IN THE WORLD TODAY AND DESERVES A PLACE IN ANY TEAM. I didn' t mean to do capitals but can't be bothered to chance it now.

patrick42uk

Established Member
ruud said:
sorry mate....don't want him in my team for particular reasons..he might have all the tricks and skills and 1 might require..great ball control,great ability..then why not ?because he's a bit too flashy,the thing bout zidane that i don't like is that he might turn a defender inside out but it won't really be an effective move...one reason i prefer nedved to zizu..nedved may not be as "flairy" as zidane,but is much much more effective.Sure zidane has had his moments like the Goal against Leverkusen and the double in the World Cup Final..he is a great player with exceptional ability..no doubt about that..but does it really benefit the team as much as a hard worker with a never say Die attitude like Nedved or Scholes,Don't think so...he has a strange sort of lazy attitude bout him.(though others may disagree)..this is just my opinion though..some may think otherwise.. 8)

on the contrary, he he is as effective, maybe even more than Nedved. The definition of flair is being able to, by a single pass, dribble, 360 turn, to fashion a chance for yourself or a team-mate. it is hard to state any player on the planet who does it better than Zidane. there are many flair players who have the flicks and tricks but are not effective, but that cannot be labelled with Zidane. in terms of him being (or not being) a hard worker, that is understanble and i am sure a role of running about the pitch is something he is directly asked NOT to do by managers. Its best to save his energy for that one incisive moment that could turn a game. this might make him seem lazy, but its woth it, for entertainment value as well as efectiveness. indeed it is being able to strike quite an even balance between effectiveness and entertainment that makes him to be see as one of the best players at the moment. To say otherwise would be calling every footballer, fan or pundit a fool. Except yourself of course.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Buffon

Trabelsi Gallas Campbell Cole

Nedved Vieira Emre van der Vaart

Ronaldo Henry

Subs: Cech, Nesta, van Bommel, Zidane, Trezeguet

JazzG

Established Member
Buffon

Thuram Canavaro Nesta ?

Nedved Vieira Keane van der Vaart

DvN Henry

Can't think of world class LB right now, Cole has a long way to go and Carlos can attack and can't defend to save his life.....

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom