• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your views on Bearbatov?? How will it effect us?

amin

I watch a couple of videos on Youtube, and this guy isn't that bad.

He cost 10.8 million, and his stats ain't that bad too. On papaer, he quite the perfect partner for both Defoe and Keane

Will Sp**s be another top 4 contender next season with his arrival?

I've just looked at thier squad, and apart from a left winger, they are quite good overall.

Ours is almost slightly better in every compartment, except the centre of midfield. With Diaby we were looking quite good, but if he is out for 9 months, surely this is time for Yaya Toure??

He can play alongside Cesc and Gilberto.

Please, Arsène sign a strong CM!!!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
OK, I don't know whether I should move this to Football Talk in reference to Berbatov, or to Arsenal Talk because of the reference to us.

I'm moving it to General Football, and should a mod feel as though it belongs somewhere else, please move it.

Sammer

Established Member
He is a good striker, sure. But it´ll take him some time to adjust to the EPL.

Further, he is not that brilliant - as said in another topic, he tends to miss some clear-cut chances on an off-day. Really horrible stuff sometimes.

I don´t think it will affect us at all. Sp*rs still won´t be able to beat us, and we´ll finish above them in the league.

Gurgen

Established Member
He's no better than Keane or Defoe in my opinion.

With Rosicky and hopefully a proper powerhouse midfielder we'll batter Sp**s again next season.

Henry77

Henry vs. Berbatov:

Henry, age 23-25, matches in Premiership – 99, goals – 58

2001-2002 Arsenal 33 24
2000-2001 Arsenal 35 17
1999-2000 Arsenal 31 17

Berbatov, age 23-25, matches in Bundesliga – 100, goals - 57

2005-2006 Bayer 34 21
2004-2005 Bayer 33 20
2003-2004 Bayer 33 16

Certainly, Premiership is stronger than Bundesliga. However, Arsenal is much stronger than Bayer Leverkusen.

Now look at this:

Henry - appearances for France - 76, goals 31
Berbatov – appearances for Bulgaria – 49, goals 31

Berbatov seems to be an outstanding striker!

TheEsoogmon

Let Sp**s and Berkatov get on with their own season, and we'll get on with ours. How will he affect us? If we play as well as we can, it won't. Simple

hellolo

I can look like a world class player on Youtube!
seriously Sp**s play us twice in the season so his signing dones't affect us at all, knowing them they;ve signed another rebrov

Canuck

Established Member
Well, it won't affect us that much since he plays for Spuds. I suppose he might score against us...

asajoseph

Established Member
Whilst I enjoy the Bundesliga, and think that there are some good players there, I have to say that I don't really think the overall standard there is that high - perhaps even lower than France, especially when you take Bayern Munich out of the equation.

Anyhow, Berbatov for me is a decent player, but I don't think he's THAT good, and he'll also take a fair amount of time to settle. I also don't think he's as good as Robbie Keane, or possibly Defoe...

nazo

Established Member
Henry77 said:
Henry vs. Berbatov:

Henry, age 23-25, matches in Premiership – 99, goals – 58

2001-2002 Arsenal 33 24
2000-2001 Arsenal 35 17
1999-2000 Arsenal 31 17

Berbatov, age 23-25, matches in Bundesliga – 100, goals - 57

2005-2006 Bayer 34 21
2004-2005 Bayer 33 20
2003-2004 Bayer 33 16

Certainly, Premiership is stronger than Bundesliga. However, Arsenal is much stronger than Bayer Leverkusen.

Now look at this:

Henry - appearances for France - 76, goals 31
Berbatov – appearances for Bulgaria – 49, goals 31

Berbatov seems to be an outstanding striker!

Why don't you try comparing their stats now? ;)

He is good but won't affect us. It's all about getting the ball to him and see what he does then. This is a team game and not all about one person.

elamita

with davids hitting 34 next season and the fact that jermain jenas turned out to be sh*t for them. and while they are running out of money it simply wont make any difference. and if lennon has any sense in him he would understant that the totter tits wont ever finish above us he should start thinking really hard about his future, same goes for ledly king.

Henry77

I read an interview with Bayer's legend Ulf Kirsten who was succeeded by the Bulgarian. He says Berbatov is as gifted as Adriano, but is inconsistent. Therefore, he scores "only" 25 goals in a season.

Watching his goals, I find him better than Henry ONLY in ONE respect: he scores more goals with his head. But in all other respects he is worse.

Henry77

I watched him in CL matches against Real and Roma. He is very strong indeed, has better technique than Nistelrooy but no striker from Eastern Europe has succeeded in England. I do not believe that he could change that.

air

Sp**s have signed another player who is at his peak. I think most Sp**s players right now are as good as they will ever be so I doubt they will be making any huge leap to the top of the league.

I'm sure Sp**s will do well and many of their players will have great seasons in the future, but our team is much younger and we have many players who can still improve on their game and not just maintain their level.

Sammer

Established Member
Henry77 said:
I watched him in CL matches against Real and Roma. He is very strong indeed, has better technique than Nistelrooy but no striker from Eastern Europe has succeeded in England. I do not believe that he could change that.

RvN is a class beyond Berbatov. As others have pointed out, Berbatov is not better than Mido or Deffoe. Same class really. Gives them more depth, but that´s about it.

cesc18

berbatov is a decent player
but his success might depend on how well he adjusts rather than ability alone

Henry77

I find Bebratov clearly better than Mido and Deffoe. At least his stats are better and he is by far more experienced at international level. He played CL final with Bayer, scored against Real, Barca, Roma, Man U, Liverpool, Lyon...scored 31 goals for Bulgaria...BUT is from Eastern Europe.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom