• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

longrufus

Established Member
Re: Ever Banega

Good player but does he really help us improve? Not for me, we should be looking to buy players we need before luxury unnecessary signings like this.

air

I only remember seeing him on his debut for Valencia but this w*nker is a very good footballer. The question is obviously the role we need to fill.

patrick42uk

Established Member

I have nothing against signing talented players, and he is one, but there is surely a more pressing issue?

taylor314gh

progman07 said:
taylor314gh said:
the biggest difference from our other CMs that I see is his apparent ability to tackle. That is what we are sorely missing from our midfield right now...
Denilson can also tackle, but he is too sluggish and slow to catch up the players he needs to tackle.

Tackling isn't a special attribute alone, even Rosicky can do it well, and he is an attacker.

Does the guy have stamina, strength, mobility, good positioning, good awareness... these are the attributes you need to have a great DM.

I agree that being able to tackle isn't a special attribute, but im commenting on the youtube video. The tackles in that clip all seem to happen at the right place and time in the midfield, which is more than our other dms. Granted, that is just from the youtube video, which is why I said his apparent ability.

And I completely agree on your list of attributes, I was just comparing him to what we have.

Anzac

Established Member

If we do sign a more defensive minded mid as well, then I'm guessing he'd provide another option as cover for Cesc or as a partner going forward in a 3 man midfield.

Jameel46

Established Member

Isn't really the type of DM we should be looking at, he's more like a Cesc player anyways and he's not much of an improvement on Song or Deni.

viper_001

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmkqkq6otA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmkqkq6otA</a>

If we get this guy for anything less than 15 mil, it will be an absolute steal. He's a like for like replacement in Cesc, meaning we'd never be short of midfield creativity and flair, as well as given the added insurance of not being screwed when Cesc is inevitably lured back to Camp Nou. Definitely a masterstroke in the making by Arsène (hoping it's true, though).

progman07

Established Member

viper_001 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmkqkq6otA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we get this guy for anything less than 15 mil, it will be an absolute steal. He's a like for like replacement in Cesc, meaning we'd never be short of midfield creativity and flair, as well as given the added insurance of not being screwed when Cesc is inevitably lured back to Camp Nou. Definitely a masterstroke in the making by Arsène (hoping it's true, though).
Did you form this opinion while watching that video you linked in?

I don't see how he is a better talent than Song, Ramsey, Lansbury, Frimpong, Coquelin, JET, etc.

Gurgen

Established Member

You're kidding right? :lol:

The last 3 players you mention aren't even on the same planet as Banega.

progman07

Established Member

Gurgen said:
You're kidding right? :lol:

The last 3 players you mention aren't even on the same planet as Banega.
Banega is 21 y/o (the ones I name are lot younger, except Song)... hyped up in Football Manager. Surely he must have better potential than what we have.

hujja

Established Member

Can't be arsed to watch the youtube videos. Does he have a brochure? :wink:

Webdesignlab

Established Member

hujja said:
Can't be arsed to watch the youtube videos. Does he have a brochure? :wink:

Read wikipedia then you can just rewrite it if you don't like what you read.

If not create your own

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.web-des-lab-pedia.com/ever_banega.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.web-des-lab-pedia.com/ever_banega.htm</a>

6'2 monster DM with goals galore. Better than Song, and way way better than D&D who will be sold asap.

Will cost Arsenal just £5m leaving them with the money from sales of Song, Denilson, Diaby and Eboue for a go at Franck Ribery who today stated that he loves Arsenal for some crazy reason and will play for low wages as he cannot wait to be paired with his best friend Essien who arrives on a free from Chelsea today.

Aaah that's better.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Very good player, but his attitude, personality and youth makes him a risk. A risk we can't afford to take financially or otherwise. Sure he'll have no problem finding a team though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

nidza7 said:
I could always welcome argentinian player in AFC tbh.

Apart from Nelson Vivas (lol!) have we recently had any Argentines in our first team?

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom