• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

12TimeWinners

Fair point Danman, but thank goodness we're past that now!
Place this post in the wishlist if need be however, my one hope is that as we stand on the edge of a new season as loyal and hopeful gooners we cast the whining and Wenger / player bashing to one side.
We all know that we are a threat to the likes of MoscowFC and AbuDhabiCity, they'll be watching our results keenly!
Of course Wenger is in the market, he has said so repeatedly and I'm sure when his wife catches him up a 3AM playing his career mode on FIFA that he has bought and sold Lewa, Benz, and Aguero multiple times!

Let's keep the faith, stick together, but please not throw the season away as we haven't signed one of the best strikers from one of the biggest clubs for a bargain.

I mean why would Lewa or Benz be any more realistic than Aguero at this stage if money wasn't a barrier?

COYG!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Actually, Cross is saying we've done our business unless something changes and we get a call back on some top player.

I'm not happy about no out field signings, why does Wenger always do this?

blaze_of_glory

in the years we havnt had a striker or even ****ing tried to sign a good one

Aguero got signed
Suarez got signed
Lewandowski got signed
Higuain got signed
Cavani got signed

just to name a few - even going after the young and clearly talented like Moratta was beyond what we deemed a good buy.

if we arent willing to fork out the cash needed for the best strikers we are going to have to gamble on players like Moratta and lacazette - but we arent doing that either.

it will be like the keeper situation - 11 ****ing years before by some lucky fluke a good striker ends up in our lap
Well we were actively trying to sign at least two of those players...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually, Cross is saying we've done our business unless something changes and we get a call back on some top player.

It's been updated with that last bit, ****ing disgusting by the club if true, a negative net spend in this era. **** off.

blaze_of_glory

I dont consider our bid for Suarez as a legitimate try - had we bid the 50 mil needed we would have walked the league the last two years.

not spending that extra 10 mil is sickening and it is biting us in the ass now.

No. Liverpool made it very clear they were never selling to us. Lets not revise history here.

BigDane

Aguero got signed
Suarez got signed
Lewandowski got signed
Higuain got signed
Cavani got signed

just to name a few - even going after the young and clearly talented like Moratta was beyond what we deemed a good buy.

if we arent willing to fork out the cash needed for the best strikers we are going to have to gamble on players like Moratta and lacazette - but we arent doing that either.

it will be like the keeper situation - 11 ****ing years before by some lucky fluke a good striker ends up in our lap

Think the overall point 12Time is trying to get across is stop playing football manager, and I completely agree.

We can't just go sign Benzema or Lewandowski as they are not for sale, which means you have to wait for market movement and act when the opportunity is there. It's nonsense sitting here complaining about a lack of movement five weeks before the window closes when not one player of the caliber we need has moved, well maybe bar Schneiderlin depending on who you ask.

Our recent spending power has seen us bag Özil and Sanchez, I expect someone of that caliber to come in this summer as well - on top of Cech.
Your list of strikers is quite useless for several reasons - Aguero signed as a project many years ago, Higuain not good enough, we had no chance for Lewandowski, tried for Suarez but Liverpool wouldn't sell etc.

I will be as disappointed as the rest of you if we don't sign a striker but try to understand how the market works and stop criticizing the board before the window closes. This is not a computer game

GDeep™

League is very weak
I dont consider our bid for Suarez as a legitimate try - had we bid the 50 mil needed we would have walked the league the last two years.

not spending that extra 10 mil is sickening and it is biting us in the ass now.

It was a legitimate bid as the club were told it would trigger a clause.

Why bid 50M when anything over 40M triggers a clause? Makes no sense.

tomoenage

I don't know but it fecking peeves me

I was always supportive when we were paying for the stadium, argued the case but now that's all done fecking buy the players man

no excuses anymore

danman5033

Fair point Danman, but thank goodness we're past that now!
Place this post in the wishlist if need be however, my one hope is that as we stand on the edge of a new season as loyal and hopeful gooners we cast the whining and Wenger / player bashing to one side.
We all know that we are a threat to the likes of MoscowFC and AbuDhabiCity, they'll be watching our results keenly!
Of course Wenger is in the market, he has said so repeatedly and I'm sure when his wife catches him up a 3AM playing his career mode on FIFA that he has bought and sold Lewa, Benz, and Aguero multiple times!

Let's keep the faith, stick together, but please not throw the season away as we haven't signed one of the best strikers from one of the biggest clubs for a bargain.

I mean why would Lewa or Benz be any more realistic than Aguero at this stage if money wasn't a barrier?

COYG!
I always try to make my career modes on fifa realistic lol

This_is_The_Year

I will be as disappointed as the rest of you if we don't sign a striker but try to understand how the market works and stop criticizing the board before the window closes. This is not a computer game

you do get this is a discussion forum right ? I dont own a football manager game nor have I ever done so.

but guess what it dosnt take a genius to spot obvious mistakes like almunia and Woj - and the list of striker movements was not a case against Arsène or a complain that we hadnt signed them - but a case against the claim that there havnt been good players on the market.

we just arent willing to pay the prices needed and we dont seem to gamble on the biggest talents either - Buying sanogo and playing him in the league and CL when we could have bought Morata instead will always puzzle me though.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Can't believe what I'm reading here. It's all coming out now.

"We would back him to break the club’s transfer record. If he wanted the man, he could have him. Apart from Messi and Ronaldo, he could have any player. We will probably have to break the club record to get the man he wants."

If this is actually true.. I would be genuinely insulted if we didn't bring in another forward this summer.

12TimeWinners

Aguero got signed
Suarez got signed
Lewandowski got signed
Higuain got signed
Cavani got signed

Aguero got signed - I'll come to this
Suarez got signed - Scousers absolutely wouldn't entertain selling to a rival
Lewandowski got signed - He wanted Bayern which is fair enough
Higuain got signed - Madrid turned the tables on us and we were trying for the cannibal
Cavani got signed - monstrous fee + wages

The only regret is Aguero although if you cast your minds back he was bought during a period where we were regularly lambasted for being a team of foreign, young midgets! He also went for a large fee, and was one of 3 striker signings for City that season if I'm not mistaken given that he represented a bit of a risk. Paid off of course however many don't.

12TimeWinners

Typical Wenger, will stick to his "principle's" and have faith in what be has.

Utd sign Schneiderlin and Bastian, we stick with Arteta and Flamini, Chelsea sign Falcao on top of Remy and Costa,we'll stick with Giroud.
You'd be happy with Falcao?
You'd rather we bought Bastian, and caused massive unrest as his wages are double our highest earner?
Do you rate Morgan over our Coq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom