• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: WBA vs Arsenal - SAT 21st NOV - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Remind me again why our cm who hasn't scored in 30 odd games, takes our penalties and not our striker?
Because he has a very good record when it comes to taking penalties. This revisionism is going too far, it's not like Campbell took it and missed.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Özil and Alexis our best players - that's the end of the positives.

Typical Giroud performance; scores a header from a good Özil cross, lose majority of aerial duels, give away possession repeatedly, fall over often, complain to the ref often and restrict many of our attacking movements. Bellerin had a shocker, Arteta should have done better for the goal and Campbell displayed more evidence that may prove that he has worst touch I've seen for an Arsenal player under the Wenger era.

The WBA unsportsmanlike tactics to delay the penalty annoyed me, Gardner who followed Santi back to the spot mouthing in his ear (Giroud rightly shoved him away) and Olson standing in front of penalty spot until the the ref told him to move. As soon I saw this I thought it's been too long, Santi was going to miss it.

Coquelin injury a major worry.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Why are people questioning Cazorla taking the penalty when he pretty much had a 100% conversion record with us until now?

Last edited:

CrypticSaint

Just came back, didn't get to watch the match...Time for my two shots of vodka...
vKtYZRH.gif

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Can't keep blaming Giroud. The majority of the team have been poor of late.
Instead of blaming Giroud I'd rather blame the rest of the team for not making late runs into the box ala Ramsey. Everybody standing in the periphery. Once we get close to the box, somebody IN ADDITION to Giroud should be moving about instead of standing.

Baffles me, just because Theo is not playing means everybody has to stand around looking at each other while Giroud is trying to pull defenders. o_O

Bashii

it was a very phisical game and giroud gave us a goal.
Walcott would have been invisible on this set up.
giroud is the last person to blame for todays result.

I didnt say Theo was the answer for this game. However, he is the only alternative! Once again, down to Wenger in the summer.

The guy just frustrates so much, he can't compete against physical defenses. He gets frustrated, punches the ground, shouts at the ref. Looks like he gives a ****, but that amounts to very little if you cant rely on him to hold up the play, link with the better players around him... and even to rely on him to get in the box when crosses are coming in as he did today.

Bashii

So your blaming the guy who scored instead of a player that gave away a free kick, then made a mistake for the goal. Who also then, to top it all off scored a needless own goal.

Did I blame Giroud for the loss? Obviously Arteta takes the lions share for that.

Yea Giroud scored, I'm happy for him and us. My point is, Alexis and Özil are doing everything they can to make things happen in the final third and our main man up front is so extremely limited. That must be frustrating don't you think?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Giroud should be taking them. Full stop. His job is to score goals. If we can't rely on our striker for penalties then he shouldn't be playing.
:lol: Go on, just ignore the guy who's scored them all to date took the penalty. Had Giroud took it and missed, you'd be still be crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom