• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Olympiacos FC vs Arsenal FC - Wed. Dec 9th, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
BTW; my commentators last night were Martin Tyler and Danny Higgenbotham. Not Michael Owen as I thought yesterday.

Both Tyler and Higgenbotham were superb.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Never in doubt!
CV0OkJ0U8AEgk8f.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching the match again, that's how good we were...

Having said that, the first 20 mins or so were dire.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
And may I just add how good the ref was. He was magnificent. never once top succumb to the pressure of the crowed. Made the tough decisions, and made them definitively.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

And may I just add how good the ref was. He was magnificent. never once top succumb to the pressure of the crowed. Made the tough decisions, and made them definitively.
Even booked their player for diving.

I think the only reason he gave the penalty was because five minutes before hand he gave a free against Flamini for a handball. I don't think either would be given in the league given the distance and power the balls were struck but good to see consistency in his decision making.

In the end a top performance. It's a shame we had to leave it late but let's face it with this group it was unlikely we'd finish top. The main thing is we now show as a team we've learnt over the last four seasons or so and don't go out in the last 16 otherwise it was a pointless victory.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Had Olympiakos had better finishers, they could have easily been 2 goals up by the end of 30 mins. We need to start our matches better if we're to progress into the quarters.

We neeeeed to buy a CDM.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
You could sense from the start that our players were up for it. There always are certain signs at the start of the games (movement, sharpness of passing), of where we'd be going in terms of overall performance.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You could sense from the start that our players are up for it. There always are certain signs at the start of the games (movement, sharpness of passing), of where we'd be going in terms of overall performance.

I could sense no such thing. The beginning of the match was awful from us. It wasn't until the 1st goal, 30 mins in, that we actually looked to win it.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I don't mind the typical shakyness at the start of every game anymore, it's the way our players move, pass and make themselves available that was encouarging to see, despite a rather flat first 20 minutes.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
What I like the most about the current group of players is, that there seems to be a bond between them, something we've not had in the post Highbury era. That bond grew the last couple of seasons, partly surely down to the Cup wins as well.

I like the work rate we put in these days too, it's a huge difference to pre 2012, when we struggled more with ourselves on the pitch than with the opposition.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Wow...never thought we would do it...but backs backs to the wall...WE DID IT! We are through!

It was fun reading through the posts without checking the result...

Hope there were no injuries...lets carry this confidence and form in he league.

So no CL till Feb...just have to focus on our league form.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I don't mind the typical shakyness at the start of every game anymore, it's the way our players move, pass and make themselves available that was encouarging to see, despite a rather flat first 20 minutes.

Playing against Barca, RM, AM, Or even Wolfsburg, 20 minutes of a shaky start can cost us the game. Think our performance against Man U but in reverse.

We need a CDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom