• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Olympiacos FC vs Arsenal FC - Wed. Dec 9th, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Playing against Barca, RM, AM, Or even Wolfsburg, 20 minutes of a shaky start can cost us the game. Think our performance against Man U but in reverse.

We need a CDM.

True, but when put into context, I don't mind a sloppy opening minutes when we produce the goods later on, regardless of that.

Fogl

Even booked their player for diving.

I think the only reason he gave the penalty was because five minutes before hand he gave a free against Flamini for a handball. I don't think either would be given in the league given the distance and power the balls were struck but good to see consistency in his decision making.

In the end a top performance. It's a shame we had to leave it late but let's face it with this group it was unlikely we'd finish top. The main thing is we now show as a team we've learnt over the last four seasons or so and don't go out in the last 16 otherwise it was a pointless victory.

It surealy was a penalty, ball was heading to goal and it was stopped by filed player's hand, but that yellow card didn't feel right imho.

emilursin

Im going to london this weekend, any1 know a good place to watch this weekends arsenal game? a pub? some screening at the emirates perhaps?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It surealy was a penalty, ball was heading to goal and it was stopped by filed player's hand, but that yellow card didn't feel right imho.
Anytime a ball hits a hand it should be a foul but the rule is 'intent' and it's very rare if ever a player intentionally handles the ball, Suarez at the WC is the stand out I have.

Don't think either the free or the penalty will be given in the league it's about natural position, distance, speed of the ball, arm moving toward or away from the ball.

In my mind both were fouls I'd actually have given the guy a red for denying a goal scoring opportunity but a Premier League official I feel would have waved play on.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Hindsight is wonderful, but did Wenger "win the mind game" even before the kickoff ?

‘We have a history in these sort of games where we have positive results. We have won everywhere in Europe. We know we can do it.’
‘At the moment we are not in this scenario (where we have to think about the Europa League), we just want to give absolutely everything to qualify.

'We have to give everything to qualify tomorrow and jump over the hurdle,' Wenger said when lifting his gaze from his notepad. 'If you want to have a chance to qualify you must be able to jump the hurdle. We're here to qualify. We have a history of positive results, so we know we can do it. To do this, we need a top quality performance tomorrow.'​

The notepad in question, which was intentionally showed in public, and surely got the attention of Paralympiakos manager

2F331F8000000578-0-image-m-37_1449659409897.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mpions-League-clash-Olympiacos-spaceship.html

Classic Arsène :D :D

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Im going to london this weekend, any1 know a good place to watch this weekends arsenal game? a pub? some screening at the emirates perhaps?

12 Pins just outside Finsbury Park station is by far the best imo. Tollington Arms is good if you want something a bit more 'upmarket' but pins is best for watching the game.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't mind the typical shakyness at the start of every game anymore, it's the way our players move, pass and make themselves available that was encouarging to see, despite a rather flat first 20 minutes.

Would have been a bit nervous with the crowd noise , **** just reverberates.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Hindsight is wonderful, but did Wenger "win the mind game" even before the kickoff ?

‘We have a history in these sort of games where we have positive results. We have won everywhere in Europe. We know we can do it.’
‘At the moment we are not in this scenario (where we have to think about the Europa League), we just want to give absolutely everything to qualify.

'We have to give everything to qualify tomorrow and jump over the hurdle,' Wenger said when lifting his gaze from his notepad. 'If you want to have a chance to qualify you must be able to jump the hurdle. We're here to qualify. We have a history of positive results, so we know we can do it. To do this, we need a top quality performance tomorrow.'​

The notepad in question, which was intentionally showed in public, and surely got the attention of Paralympiakos manager

2F331F8000000578-0-image-m-37_1449659409897.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mpions-League-clash-Olympiacos-spaceship.html

Classic Arsène :D :D

What am I looking at there? A moronic spaceship? A pair of lips with 2 cigarettes perched between them and two nostrils leaking above them? an Oyster with capers? What the hell is it??

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
12 Pins just outside Finsbury Park station is by far the best imo. Tollington Arms is good if you want something a bit more 'upmarket' but pins is best for watching the game.

What are you talking about? Tollington Arms is the best Arsenal hangout there is. And Upmarket, by that I assume you mean clean, civil, and with great food, is always the best option.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That depends as much on the opposition we draw, as on our performance.

It really doesn't. It's never about the opposition, it's always about your team. Anyway, at this stage of the CL, one fact is indisputable, whomever we face will be quality.

infinium

Did anyone notice that our shape didn't look too bad with Walcott, Giroud and Campbell? Sometimes with other combinations we look a little narrow and people seem to run into each other but it wasn't too bad yesterday even with a half-fit Walcott.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Two wingers change our approach to a more direct one, we saw that yesterday. It was a proper 4-2-3-1 formation, at times close to a 4-3-3.

General

Established Member
Delighted with the result and definitely wasn’t expecting such a comprehensive win. The Greeks got too cocky for their boots and got taught a harsh lesson. I think they were completely caught out by our team selection after Chambers had been sounded out all week as a potential option in midfield. I though Cech’s calming influence was key. He makes many saves look normal because of his great starting position.
Plenty of hating after the game on BBC about how we will get turned over in the last 16. It’s disgusting how a lot of British commentators secretly wish failure on English teams so they can have their say. Mark Chapman is the biggest clown out of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom