• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Aston Villa FC vs Arsenal FC - Sun. Dec. 13th, 1:30pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
You Villa fans do give fantastic support to the club though...still singing and cheering on till the last min...we guys should learn from you.

They surely make a lot of noise, but their chants right at the start of match was pure banter "We're ****ing shiit, we're ****ing shiit !!" :D

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm optimistic about Garde. I've seen improvements in the side and I think he's been unlucky that four of his first five games have been Man City, Southampton, Everton and Arsenal. It's not easy to pick up the ****e that Sherwood left us in and get results out of those fixtures.

Obviously we should have got something from Watford, that's the main blot on his copybook so far. but we did play well in that game, just poor defending cost us.

Starting next week we have a run of 8 or 9 games that are all "winnable" (as winnable as any games can be for a team doing as badly as we are). That will be when I judge Garde. But even if we do start picking up wins, I think it's all too late now.
He needs to find goals in the team.........you have a powder puff attack. The worst attack in the league & he has to find someone in January or you have no chance at all

kopzilla

Always Negative
watched the MOTD highlights, except our goals we didnt really create chances it seems...

We didn't really try though in the 2nd half...didn't bother about reclaiming possession either...which is why a 3rd goal was necessary to reduce the tempo of the game and kill it off.

In any case, they were knackered..playing 3 games in a week without much rotation.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Wenger must have lectured him on beleeef, top qualiteee and menzal strengz....:D

btw whats wrong with the lol emoticon?

He will also need further lessons on: handbrake, a bit jaded, not sharp etc..

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Our fans could learn from several sets of fans. As soon as things go bad at The Emirates it gets awful. Saying that, things re lot better than a few years ago. Our away fans are ace though.
I didn't think our fans were much good yesterday. Second half we showed we could get behind the team when they give us somethign to cheer about.

First half it was quiet and nervous.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
He needs to find goals in the team.........you have a powder puff attack. The worst attack in the league & he has to find someone in January or you have no chance at all
Actually I think our attack is ok. We've been much better going forward under Garde. It's not amazing but we'll score goals now. but we do need a new focal point. Gestede is terrible.

It's our defence that is our big problem though.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
The biggest mistake while Lambert was there was AV didn't/couldn't get in a creative midfield player. That's all that the team needed to bring rest of the elements together. Otherwise, everything was in place to make something out the squad. I guess Lambert tried but didn't have the money and wounded up with Joe Cole.

And again, they repeated the same mistake in the summer by mostly recruiting well apart from some creativity and a striker.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
The biggest mistake while Lambert was there was AV didn't/couldn't get in a creative midfield player. That's all that the team needed to bring rest of the elements together. Otherwise, everything was in place to make something out the squad. I guess Lambert tried but didn't have the money and wounded up with Joe Cole.

And again, they repeated the same mistake in the summer by mostly recruiting well apart from some creativity and a striker.
Carles Gil?

Balance is key

Welbeck has been here a season. And has been injured this whole season so it's very unfair to put him in the same category as Gibbs and Ox.

Love Ramsey in the middle he may have less of a 'touch' but he brings much more to the team.
Why is that - he has played a ton for united and not improved one bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom